Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic | 38 praises

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:00 AM

Ryosuke
  • Ryosuke
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

understand that if buying a new car is not a problem.

if buying a used car, can still port over current car plate no?
thanks.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:12 AM

Gobbler
  • Gobbler
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i heard port to used car, need to pay ard $1300.

Edited by Gobbler, 16 September 2009 - 10:13 AM.

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:16 PM

Limbat
  • Limbat
    Sponsor
    Author Image

i heard port to used car, need to pay ard $1300.

s$1300 is only for new number to old car, if old number( registered & current ) to old car no need only need to pay the transfer fee of s$300. The s$1000 is for registration of the new number. Pls check & read at LTA webby.

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

Nhrisuzu
  • Premium member
    Nhrisuzu
    6th Gear
    Author Image

if retain old plate for new car, then old car de-registered.. need to pay??

confused.gif
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
In Loving Memory: 16.06.1952 - 11.12.2006
** i am NHR ISUZU.. call me NHR or ZU **

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

Sturtles
  • Premium member
    Sturtles
    6th Gear
    Author Image

s$1300 is only for new number to old car, if old number( registered & current ) to old car no need only need to pay the transfer fee of s$300. The s$1000 is for registration of the new number. Pls check & read at LTA webby.

You sure?I'm quite sure this is not what the LTA officers are telling me.

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:54 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

im very sure u are wrong and you got both mix-up. please check again.
I just retained my old no and transfer to a old car. LTA charges is S$1300.

From new normal registration number (not bidded no) to old car, you only pay S$300 transfer fee.
From your current old number to a new car, you only pay (i think) S$100 transfer fee.

Edited by Mcf777, 16 September 2009 - 12:59 PM.

Kangadrool praised this

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:15 PM

Da_editor
  • Premium member
    Da_editor
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Mcf777 is right on this.

Read http://www.onemotori...of_vehicle.html
My Favourite Singapore Car Reviews.

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:29 PM

Limbat
  • Limbat
    Sponsor
    Author Image

im very sure u are wrong and you got both mix-up. please check again.
I just retained my old no and transfer to a old car. LTA charges is S$1300.

From new normal registration number (not bidded no) to old car, you only pay S$300 transfer fee.
From your current old number to a new car, you only pay (i think) S$100 transfer fee.

I think that was what i meant - I did the transfered last year.

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:37 PM

Limbat
  • Limbat
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Old number to old car = s$300
Old number to new car = s$1300
New number to old car = s$1300
New number to New car = s$1000

Right ?? reason being $300 is a transfer fee & $1000 is a new car registeration fee.
Since old car to old car, both cars already paid the registeration fee, then only need to pay the transfer fee maaaa !!

I may be wrong but i did some transfers last year but not the old car number to old car yet.

Thanks for sharing .................

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:42 PM

Sgg687z
  • Sgg687z
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

thumbsup.gif thanks for sharing

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:51 PM

Urns
  • Urns
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Right ?? reason being $300 is a transfer fee & $1000 is a new car registeration fee.
Since old car to old car, both cars already paid the registeration fee, then only need to pay the transfer fee maaaa !!

I may be wrong but i did some transfers last year but not the old car number to old car yet.

wow lta really tan tio man....

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:16 PM

Rickster
  • Premium member
    Rickster
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I transfered my old car's number plate to my new car and my new car's number plate to my old car. In short a swap.

And I paid only $150 for everything. thumbsup.gif My mazda agent helped me settle it.

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:48 PM

Ahdi
  • Premium member
    Ahdi
    6th Gear
    Author Image

existing number to new car - $100

existing number to existing car - $1300
A car number plate transfer to B car. A car will be given a new number, its number goes to B, B car original number gone.
if wan mutually swap number is $2600.

bid new number n put on new car - minimum $1000 for bidding, no admin charge

bid new number and put on existing car - $1000 for bidding n $300 for admin

want to de-reg car but new car haven arrive, need to retain number plate - pay $1300, LTA issue new number to existing car to de-reg, exisiting number put aside. after registering new car with retained number plate, LTA will refund $1200. conclusion = retain existing number to new car - $100

Edited by Ahdi, 16 September 2009 - 02:50 PM.

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:12 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Bro, i think u really need to call LTA to convince yourself whether yr answer is right or wrong.
If not, whatever people says may not be able to convince you.
LTA Tel : 1800-Call LTA

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

SabrinaAng
  • SabrinaAng
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

CAN I PLEASE ASK A QUICK QUESTION!

recently i sold my car to a buyer through this agent who FORGOT TO RETAIN MY CARPLATE for me. now, the ownership has been transferred to the buyer and LTA says its not possible for me to transfer the license plate back to myself.

anyone knows any solution for this? I need this carplate very badly.

thanks!!

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:28 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

recently i sold my car to a buyer through this agent who FORGOT TO RETAIN MY CARPLATE for me. now, the ownership has been transferred to the buyer and LTA says its not possible for me to transfer the license plate back to myself.

thanks!!

ask the new owner to transfer it back to you.

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:53 PM

Dilemma
  • Premium member
    Dilemma
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Old number to old car = s$300 ($1300)
Old number to new car = s$1300 ($100)
New number to old car = s$1300 ($300)
New number to New car = s$1000 ($0)

All wrong. 0 marks. Answers in red. 

Extracted from LTA

Fees to Replace A Vehicle Registration Number

Retained Number

(a) No additional charge if the owner had previously paid $1,300 to retain his/her vehicle registration number; or
(b) Top up $1,200 if the owner had previously paid $100 to retain his/her vehicle registration number.

Bid Number
$300 (subject to GST) in addition to the bid amount that was paid.

Edited by Dilemma, 13 June 2017 - 03:54 PM.

Turboflat4, Newbie_newbie, Aukang and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:03 PM

Dilemma
  • Premium member
    Dilemma
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

thanks!!

Buy back from the new owner

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:20 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

thanks!!

Do you have anything written down in the contract that obligates the dealer to retain the plate for you?

Then you can demand (in writing) that the dealer negotiate with the new owner and buy the plate for you. They bear the cost, obviously.

If they're not successful, then either they have to pay you compensation or they have to agree to purchase a new plate that you're happy with.

But easy to post here. Even if it's in writing, getting a dealer (aka "stealer") to do anything is damn difficult. Must be prepared to lawyer up and go small claims court. If you're not prepared for all that hassle, just write it off, lor.

I also wrote off a $1000 because I didn't want to deal anymore with such a "stealer". Long story related to a lemon car, but I'm saying that your time and peace of mind have value. Certainly I valued mine at more than a mere thousand.

This place is not what it used to be. I'm glad for the friends I made here. But I'm moving on, just like Porker and some others I know. Cheers!

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:08 PM

SabrinaAng
  • SabrinaAng
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Do you have anything written down in the contract that obligates the dealer to retain the plate for you?

Then you can demand (in writing) that the dealer negotiate with the new owner and buy the plate for you. They bear the cost, obviously.

If they're not successful, then either they have to pay you compensation or they have to agree to purchase a new plate that you're happy with.

But easy to post here. Even if it's in writing, getting a dealer (aka "stealer") to do anything is damn difficult. Must be prepared to lawyer up and go small claims court. If you're not prepared for all that hassle, just write it off, lor.

I also wrote off a $1000 because I didn't want to deal anymore with such a "stealer". Long story related to a lemon car, but I'm saying that your time and peace of mind have value. Certainly I valued mine at more than a mere thousand.

nope sadly we trusted this guy too much and theres nothing written in black and white.

he is now feigning ignorance on this matter and its pissing the shit out of me

ask the new owner to transfer it back to you.

cannot cos new owner took a bank loan for this car. so since its under financing we can transfer it back :(

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: port, over, carplate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users