Car's paper value..

Genes

Hi MCF bros, I have a question about the above.

How does one calculate a car's paper value? Is it just getting the remaining COE value at point of purchase and adding it to 82.5% of the car's OMV, assuming its a 2 yr old car? Or is there any other amounts I need to add to the above to get the car's paper value.

TIA!

↡ Advertisement

Hi MCF bros, I have a question about the above.

How does one calculate a car's paper value? Is it just getting the remaining COE value at point of purchase and adding it to 82.5% of the car's OMV, assuming its a 2 yr old car? Or is there any other amounts I need to add to the above to get the car's paper value.

TIA!

Key in e IC of registered owner and car plate to find out paper value.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...nquiries/1.html

2yr old will not be paper + body, unless its MIC car [sweatdrop]

Guest EverestLeasing
Neutral Newbie

You are right, but only for cars registered between March 2004 and Feb 2008.

Read this for a more detailed explaination.

What is Paper value

Guest EverestLeasing
Neutral Newbie

Typically when we use the term "paper value", we refer to the LTA rebate upon de-registration.

When we say "scrap value", we have to add "paper value" and "body value"

Thanks Isaac. But how to calculate if one does not have the IC of the registered owner? Or if its a dealer's car? Currently looking at getting a 2nd hand car, possibly off a dealer, thus would like to get some idea about a fair price to bargain to.

Neutral Newbie

Paper value plus 16k if it's 2 year old car.

Paper value plus 8k if it's 3 year old car.

Paper value plus 4k if it's 4 year old car.

Paper value plus 2k if it's 5 year old car.

Rough gauge.

Guest EverestLeasing
Neutral Newbie

Wah Urns, cannot agah agah like that.

Dont' even know is what car model, how to gauge?

Great! Thanks! Just wondering though. Market forces dictate the plus amount? Or its just standard markup etc etc? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to learn as much as I can.

Neutral Newbie

Great! Thanks! Just wondering though. Market forces dictate the plus amount? Or its just standard markup etc etc? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to learn as much as I can.

Certainly market forces dictate plus amount, however there will always be a rough gauge. Other factors determining the plus amount is the mileage, number of previous owners and whether the car is in good condition or not. Try to get a car as stock as possible, saves you alot of hassle next time.

Neutral Newbie

Other minor things include when the road tax is gonna be due, when the tyres need to be changed, ALWAYS request for the full servicing records and see when the next major servicing is due, make sure that the number plate doesn't end with a "X". Best is you go down with a loved one to see the car and see whether you're comfortable after a test drive. Good luck!