Almost kill this cyclist!!!

Zafira18

Bloody hell, this angmo cyclist just dash out at the junction.....lucky i manage to ebrake in time and taxi behind me almost hit me too!! See the screen shot from my car video...

post-599-1253755809_thumb.jpg

post-599-1253755820_thumb.jpg

post-599-1253755832_thumb.jpg

post-599-1253755839_thumb.jpg

post-599-1253755846_thumb.jpg

post-599-1253755853_thumb.jpg

post-599-1253755860_thumb.jpg

post-599-1253755874_thumb.jpg

post-599-1253755886_thumb.jpg

post-599-1253755892_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

can hit local..but better dun hit ang mo...very expensive sia..

remembered the case at the CK Tang junction...tis ang mo dashed across the road,got hit...the family sued the driver millions sia...

Neutral Newbie

can hit local..but better dun hit ang mo...very expensive sia..

remembered the case at the CK Tang junction...tis ang mo dashed across the road,got hit...the family sued the driver millions sia...

"Ang Moh tua ki"? This is Sing kah poh.

recently also encounter quite a no of cyclists.

all these cyclists damn annoying... esp those bangala or chinese... dun have lights on their bicycles when they cycle at night

bangalas like to wear BLACK color! the chinese cycle like the leftmost lane is theirs.

there was once i encountered a group of cyclists in orchard road hogging the leftmost lane.

2 of them were in those single wheel bicycle

super annoying, like those acrobats in some china troups

Edited by Ordix

so we should not generalise that only bangla and chinaman will do that. ang mo also especially some with full gear (wear in competition)

Edited by Wt_know

there was once i encountered a group of cyclists in orchard road hogging the leftmost lane.

2 of them were in those single wheel bicycle

super annoying, like those acrobats in some china troups

Ahaha! NO WAAAAY!! [shocked]

But yeah, agreed that cyclists can be quite a bother on the roads. Thing is, in this particular instance, from the screen shots posted by TS, it seems like the cyclist appeared quite far ahead of the car, and TS should have spotted him in time to slow down without the need to e-brake. In any case, junctions like this always pose a threat to all road users, especially for car drivers 'cos we're at fault no matter what if we hit cyclists/pedestrians. [shakehead]

Just saw a cylist got hit when on my way to wrk at pandan loop area. cylist was send to hospital. Think he got hit just outside his wrk place. Hope he is ok. Rainy day lots of accident.

The thing is no point cycling if you are not being responsible. We drivers are responsible ppl cos we follow the traffic rules. If cyclists continue to think they are above the law, they will continue to suffer. IMO they bring it upon themselves.

Singapore car owner pay a premium to drive on the road. Why would we still need to share with the cyclist who dont pay a single cent on cycling the road? Furthermore, if kana hit them (i believe 100% is the cyclist fault), still become the car owner to be blame/ penalized.

If LTA want to allow cyclist to share with us (car owner) on the road like China etc, then our road tax must be the same as them!

Does anyone contest the above comment?

In the past where we didnt have much FT in Singapore. There is no/minimum cyclist on the road. How can they simply bring their practice in their country of origin and create here where LTA allow them to do so?

I used to cycle a few years ago. I always followed the rules and kept to as left a position as I could, riding on the yellow line( if they were there). But many a time, I get almost brushed by buses and sometimes cars. very risky riding in Singapore. The roads are too congested for cyclist. But still i rather they cycle on the roads than on the pavement. Saw a few incidents where the cyclist bang onto people. Someone I know, was hit by a cyclist from the rear on a pavement and he ended up in the hospital for a fractured nose. Another case, I read on the ST forum where the cyclist knock on to a lady carrying baby and cycled away. The baby hit the ground hard it seems....

I agree fully.

There was no hue and cry about cycling on foot path too. Last time cyclist respect pedestrains, and cycle behind them, or take the grass patch to overtake. Now I keep hearing 'ring-ring' from these new cyclist who thinks they own the footpath and keeps damanding we give way to them.

Now with all these irresponsible new cyclists, the law is changed to make it legal to go on footpath.

The local scene has changed greatly with these new comers....so much so that many Singaporeans have to adapt to survive.

Just yesterday I was in a POSB queue. There was two machine, but somehow a single queue was formed instead of two. Everyone followed the rule.

Come one chinese foreigner who just stood by my side thinking she was blardy smart to have a machine with no queue, while the rest of the long queue was invisible to her kok eyes.

I went to my ATM, and before long she took the next one. One bangla behind her shouted a gentle "Hey' to this queue jumper. But she act blur and insert her card and use it like it was her turn.

Singapore has change greatly in the last 5 years.

In the past where we didnt have much FT in Singapore. There is no/minimum cyclist on the road. How can they simply bring their practice in their country of origin and create here where LTA allow them to do so?

After getting used to the (relatively) relaxed pace of driving in Australia, when I came back I was quite taken aback by the sheer amount vehicles on the road in Singapore (cars, buses, taxis, cyclists, motorbikes, everything!).

I do firmly believe that it is important to constantly maintain a heightened awareness while on Singapore roads. Like how the long-term motorcyclists think, it is good to assume that whether you move 1 cm or 100 km, anything and everything is out to get you. Other vehicles are out to get you, the weather is out to get you, pedestrians are out to get you, even the road itself is out to get you.

Initially you might be unaccustomed to it, but over time, you will automatically tune into defensive driving mode effortlessly - and this skill might save you money, or even your life, in the future. As SG's population grows - there will only be an increasing number of road hazards such as this cyclist in the future.

↡ Advertisement