Should I Renew COE Now?

Vinceng

Should I Renew COE Now?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Renew COE Now?

• Renew COE now at $13,500
    • Wait until next year and see how
    • Wait until near Oct 2011 when my COE is expiring

COE climbing again, but quite a sum now to renew COE for used car?

Not worth to renew your car using the current COE price, unless your car is some exotic sports car.

↡ Advertisement

This is the chart where i see the where about COE will drop.....Really got to wait.... -_-

Even there is a huge number of cars de-registered from 2013 to 2016. You forgot these car owners will continue to buy another car, thus might still will push up the COE price. Unless these group of car owners do not intend to buy another car when their car de-registered in those years?! [rolleyes]

Even there is a huge number of cars de-registered from 2013 to 2016. You forgot these car owners will continue to buy another car, thus might still will push up the COE price. Unless these group of car owners do not intend to buy another car when their car de-registered in those years?! [rolleyes]

But i think most ppl will not renew COE or change car if the COE is crazy like 80k to 100k when they de-registered their car. As LTA need time to adjust the quote of the COE after they de-register. So we just have to moniter the movement of the COE when it start to fall grab ASAP before it's go up. [idea]

Edited by Richard_Peh

u make quiet a wise choice,the next COE drop will be after 2014/2015..

u still got many years more to wait & see..

camrytron... u never see ts started this from 2009, he bring up is to show he is right to renew his coe early by 2 yr!!! even he watsed the 2 yr of coe when he can renew now... but if he renew now will cost soooo much more... so lucky that ts renew 2 yr early.... look at the first post... is 2009!

camrytron... u never see ts started this from 2009, he bring up is to show he is right to renew his coe early by 2 yr!!! even he watsed the 2 yr of coe when he can renew now... but if he renew now will cost soooo much more... so lucky that ts renew 2 yr early.... look at the first post... is 2009!

No ppl ask u to see the history 2009 post..... [dead]

ya thank for reminding me that this is 2009 tread(i already know)..

now his coe is till 2019 so he got many years to see how coe goes,if it go down then he can consider change car..

No ppl ask u to see the history 2009 post..... [dead]

this is a 2009 post... please look at the starting date!!!

anyway which prove ts is smart to renew 2 yr early and watsed 2 yr of coe to save more money

Snaking long queue at LTA office this morning to renew COE. My friend queued for 2+ hours before it was his turn.  Tomorrow is last day to renew Cat A COE at $41,994 for 10 years. No brainer to renew now as Cat A COE is now almost  $47K.

https://www.aas.com.sg/resources/coe/prevailing-quota-premiums-pqp.html

Edited by Vinceng

I am now in a delima whether to renew Category A COE for my October 2001 Lancer, which has 2 more years to go.

With COE quota expected to be cut further, I am fearful that Cat A COE prices may exceed $20,000 or even $30,000.

I regret not renewing COE in April at only $3800.

I thought the economy was getting worse and since I had almost 3 years to go before my COE expired, I could afford to wait.

Now, only 5 months later, I have to pay an extra $10,000 to renew my COE.

So please give me your honest opinion whether I should renew my COE now or wait until next year to see how?

Reason? Why?

Do you foresee COE prices rising further above $20,000 or hovering around $15,000?

I am confirmed renewing my COE.

$3800?!?!??!?!?

takemymoney.jpg

Disturb :grin:

CAT A is 3rd lowest in 24 months and not far from the two previous low. 

CAt B is the lowest in 24 months. 

PQP in the next 1 to 2 months will be all time low, good time to renew COE or buy new car. 

• Praise 1