Mileage Claim

Hi All,

I would like know what is the norm for the mileage claim in the current market.

Kindly give me some feedback for reference.

Thank a million in advance!!! [thumbsup]

My company mileage claim is $0.55/km for over a decade!!! [shakehead]

which is a kinda low, right? [furious]

Frankly, 50c per km excluding ERP and parking, is more than fair if yours a 1600cc car. Petrol is less than 20c per km. Including tyres, maintenance, wear & tear 50c should be enough. More than that, you are profiteering from the use of your car. Insurance, road tax and parking at home should not be counted, including depreciation of your car as these are sunk cost whether or not your car is used.

My of my colleagues claims taxi fare for your his car. That's earning double as a taxi driver as well as a worker.

↡ Advertisement

mine $0.60/km... but hor, the $0.60/km is inclusived of everything and anything.... not even enough to cover the ERP & Carpark if I enter CBD or orchard (ofc in Bkt Merah)

my previous coy gives $0.65/km and cover ERP and carpark seperately too...

tink urs is super bo hua man...

Frankly, 50c per km excluding ERP and parking, is more than fair if yours a 1600cc car. Petrol is less than 20c per km. Including tyres, maintenance, wear & tear 50c should be enough. More than that, you are profiteering from the use of your car. Insurance, road tax and parking at home should not be counted, including depreciation of your car as these are sunk cost whether or not your car is used.

My of my colleagues claims taxi fare for your his car. That's earning double as a taxi driver as well as a worker.

the way u speak really sounds like a typical china boss...

In the 1st place, the car is a personal asset. Yes, the insurance, road tax, car depreciation is a sunk cost but why are the employee should let the company tap on to their personal asset?

Many people in sales/ service line, are using the car for work use more than their personal use. Me for instance, click around 3000km to 3500km per mth, more than 2000km is utilised for work purpose, dont you think that the company should be paying for the so call sunk in cost as well?

My was $0.60, parking , ERP claimable. Last enquire about the rate which has not moved since many years. Was told Civil service never change also, economic bad etc.....

something interesting har...when you earn more...they actually help you pay part of your car....when you are earning less....they make you pay from your own pocket with some claim allowed...this is how rich get richer....my immediate boss....think mon to fri....he no need spend a single cents...everything pay for by company....including car...si bei best....best policy...

Ours was set more than 15 years ago...I think that's when petrol price was less than a $/litre..

Looks at current petrol price...up by rocket speed but down by tortoise speed...

Also look as taxi fare now as compared to those time?!!!

At least in traffic jam, their meters can jump, ours odo can jump too?

Any finance guru to advise what should be the reasonable rate...

the way u speak really sounds like a typical china boss...

In the 1st place, the car is a personal asset. Yes, the insurance, road tax, car depreciation is a sunk cost but why are the employee should let the company tap on to their personal asset?

Many people in sales/ service line, are using the car for work use more than their personal use. Me for instance, click around 3000km to 3500km per mth, more than 2000km is utilised for work purpose, dont you think that the company should be paying for the so call sunk in cost as well?

You think bosses are dumb. They close one eye and staff want to take advantage.

I no boss, but let's look at numbers for a typical car per year with heavy usage of 40k mileage. I also include sunk cost -

Depn $5000

Ins $1000

Maintenance $2000

Parking at home $1100

Others $1000

Total $10,100

Per year $10,100/40,000 km = $0.25 per km.

Petrol cost less than $0.15

The heavier the usage the more you gain.

You think bosses are dumb. They close one eye and staff want to take advantage.

I no boss, but let's look at numbers for a typical car per year with heavy usage of 40k mileage. I also include sunk cost -

Depn $5000

Ins $1000

Maintenance $2000

Parking at home $1100

Others $1000

Total $10,100

Per year $10,100/40,000 km = $0.25 per km.

Petrol cost less than $0.15

The heavier the usage the more you gain.

Let make it simple for you to undestand, you are basically telling us that all in all, the total expanses for a typical 1.6L car , runing at 40K per year is costing less than $850 to maintain?

If thats the case, let me offer you a good deal, pass me a 1.6L car (china made also can) and you foot all the bill including petrol, insurance, rd tax, maintainance & etc , I pay you $950 per month. To make the deal more attarctive, I will pay you $0.50/km if the millage exceed 40K per year.

Let make it simple for you to undestand, you are basically telling us that all in all, the total expanses for a typical 1.6L car , runing at 40K per year is costing less than $850 to maintain?

If thats the case, let me offer you a good deal, pass me a 1.6L car (china made also can) and you foot all the bill including petrol, insurance, rd tax, maintainance & etc , I pay you $950 per month. To make the deal more attarctive, I will pay you $0.50/km if the millage exceed 40K per year.

Need to include petrol cost I think...

Edited by L_club23

Ours was set more than 15 years ago...I think that's when petrol price was less than a $/litre..

Looks at current petrol price...up by rocket speed but down by tortoise speed...

Also look as taxi fare now as compared to those time?!!!

At least in traffic jam, their meters can jump, ours odo can jump too?

Any finance guru to advise what should be the reasonable rate...

if your boss is smart, he will ask you 15 years ago, car cost how much?

100k?

if your boss is smart, he will ask you 15 years ago, car cost how much?

100k?

Whether the car costs $100 or $100K, do u think the coy subsidize u?

We are talking about running cost here leh...

To be honest, how much you think your cost is? Definitely about what I estimate. But if divided by average personal usage of 20k, the cost per km (excluding petrol) will double or about $1+ per month including petrol.

Even if my total cost is less than $850 (or $10,100 per yr) excluding petrol, why would I want to rent to you at $950 including petrol? I want 100% profit.

Edit - only obvious item I missed out in earlier post was road tax.

Edited by Dumb

My personal cost -

Car cost - $58k less scrap value - $50k

Insurance - $730

Road tax - $770

Parking - $1,080

40k maintenance package - $998 (inc parts)

Tyres - $400

Others - $1,000

Petrol - $330 pm

Annual cost - $13,938

Average personal usage 36,000km

Ave cost per km $0.40

Tell me what I miss out.

My personal cost -

Car cost - $58k less scrap value - $50k

Insurance - $730

Road tax - $770

Parking - $1,080

40k maintenance package - $998 (inc parts)

Tyres - $400

Others - $1,000

Petrol - $330 pm

Annual cost - $13,938

Average personal usage 36,000km

Ave cost per km $0.40

Tell me what I miss out.

okie, if thats the case, maybe i should offer you another deal... since u think that all in all, your cost is $0.40 and $0.50 is profitable, i dont mine to rent your car based on millage @ $0.60/km... I promise to click min 100km each time i rent from u, anything lesser, I will still pay you $60. Good deal?