Mileage Claim

I prefer they add the full amount of transport allowance into the base salary. If you are going to pay income tax for these transport allowance anyway, might as well add to your bonus base calculations.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My company previously can claim for $0.60 per km, then they came up with a stupid rule that you have to apply for approval first before you use your car for company functions, and attach your car's maintenance records.

After this new rule, I stopped applying for reimbursement.

My company previously can claim for $0.60 per km, then they came up with a stupid rule that you have to apply for approval first before you use your car for company functions, and attach your car's maintenance records.

Company 1 : Employee 0

:a-dothewave:

p.s. your company achieved it's purpose. kudos to the HR for coming up with such an idea. Maybe the HR dept got a huge bonus at the end of the year.

just call a cab and charge everything back to company. And even if they refused to reimburse, you can claim for tax relief.

Why need maintenance record?

Neutral Newbie

Is there a cap on the transport allowance claim amount?

Also are you able to find out from colleagues on mileage claim rate?

Might also be worth to estimate mileage to be clocked.

Not that we should defraud the company, but do buffer before you submit the information. SG roads full of road works, accidents and breakdown.

nothing have finalize yet, that why need to find out what are the current market rate

Mine was $0.60 per km in 2009.. today 2016 still same $0.60 per km..

thanks for the adv, beside the $0.60 claim, can u still claim parking, ERP etc?

by the way, does this mileage claim include home to office or just only mainly from office to customer place and back to office?

obviously is to make life difficult to claim reimbursement. But, surprised nobody strongly protested! [laugh]

though I do not agree with this underhand method to disincentivise the transport claims, I laud the creativity of the HR department. 

if anybody ask why need the maintenance record, the HR department can just reply: Since the car is being used for company function eg. ferrying staff or VIPs, we have to ensure that the vehicle used are properly maintained and safe for use in accordance with our company support and promotion of road safety for all employees. Thank you for your understanding.

• Praise 1

nothing have finalize yet, that why need to find out what are the current market rate

thanks for the adv, beside the $0.60 claim, can u still claim parking, ERP etc?

by the way, does this mileage claim include home to office or just only mainly from office to customer place and back to office?

Bro, how can you claim home to office???  [smash]  [smash]

At most you say you travel from home to client place straight as it is nearer, then can claim lah...

Usually mileage claim and parking/ERP is separate.

Then next time take taxi loh, company pay more, don't need to wear out your car and feel frustrated while driving, and get to sit behind in the taxi and relax.

depends on what records they want. I reckon for an older car, an inspection certificate would suffice and reasonable. 

But then, you can't drive on the roads without all these in SG. And do they (HR) have the professional competency in assessing whether car is safe based on papers. So, obvious motive. [laugh]

though I do not agree with this underhand method to disincentivise the transport claims, I laud the creativity of the HR department. 

if anybody ask why need the maintenance record, the HR department can just reply: Since the car is being used for company function eg. ferrying staff or VIPs, we have to ensure that the vehicle used are properly maintained and safe for use in accordance with our company support and promotion of road safety for all employees. Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by Kangadrool

2k no questions asked sounds pretty decent, unless you have to drive a lot. Else, should be able to make some money from it?

Transport allowance better if it's a higher amount. Mileage claim makes it troublesome as you have to record all your trips down.

Some people can make some money from the transport allowance given by company monthly. I have a friend only use his car strictly for work purpose, and don't drive on weekend so that no need to pump petrol often and pocket more of the allowance. Lol.

Some people can make some money from the transport allowance given by company monthly. I have a friend only use his car strictly for work purpose, and don't drive on weekend so that no need to pump petrol often and pocket more of the allowance. Lol.

Your friend is missing the point, haha.

I think having transport allowance is better , can save more

My ex work place can only claim $0.55 per km while current work place , I have 1 k for transport & petrol card for petrol ....

Edited by Winning
↡ Advertisement