Leaking Toilet Cistern

Altivo

hi all,

any advice on where can i get a replacement stop valve (red arrow - see attached pic) ? I think the one in my toilet as water keeps leaking into the toilet bowl after the cistern is refilled. I've tried many hardware stores but none of them sells it and they could not tell me where to get. Just keep saying "another hardware shop"

toilet.bmp

Edited by Altivo
↡ Advertisement

hi all,

any advice on where can i get a replacement stop valve (red arrow - see attached pic) ? I think the one in my toilet as water keeps leaking into the toilet bowl after the cistern is refilled. I've tried many hardware stores but none of them sells it and they could not tell me where to get. Just keep saying "another hardware shop"

Bro, water level exceed the upper limit? Try to reduce the inflow by tweaking the valve . . . it may help [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Need to buy the whole mechanism. should coat around $40/-. You may want to try a shop that sells plumbing parts, i.e. pipes, fittings etc. Try those in the neighbourhood shops and good to note the brand of the cistern.

BTW , sometimes just need to open the cover and clean the inside of the cistern, it may just be some deposits that prevent the mechanism to shut properly and cause the leak.

Good luck...

Most of the time its the rubber seal that gave way due to prolong usage. Sad to say they don't sell that hence got to buy the whole cistern. Mine is harder to find as its the old design type and my only option is the neighbourhood hardware shop. Places like DIY shop sells new design.

hi all,

did you try balestier, there should be quite a few shop selling toilet stuff

I replace my old type with a new type (complete set - similar to yours) bought from the neighbour hardware shop, cost about $20 and it works fine. Or if it is just the rubber seal, try getting a use bicycle tube & cut to size. Hope this helps :)

I replace my old type with a new type (complete set - similar to yours) bought from the neighbour hardware shop, cost about $20 and it works fine. Or if it is just the rubber seal, try getting a use bicycle tube & cut to size. Hope this helps :)

since we are on the topic of toilet cistern, anyone here can advise where to buy a complete toilet bowl( sitting type)??..saw a long hairline crack along the base, maybe time to change a new one leow. can the shop install as well,,,,any idea on the installation charge? Thanks [:)]

hi all,

then you just go to

"another hardware shop" la.

difficult meh?

[laugh]

Bro, water level exceed the upper limit? Try to reduce the inflow by tweaking the valve . . . it may help [thumbsup]

no leh... didn't exceed the upper limit

Need to buy the whole mechanism. should coat around $40/-. You may want to try a shop that sells plumbing parts, i.e. pipes, fittings etc. Try those in the neighbourhood shops and good to note the brand of the cistern.

BTW , sometimes just need to open the cover and clean the inside of the cistern, it may just be some deposits that prevent the mechanism to shut properly and cause the leak.

Good luck...

so the mechanism is universal size? can fit all sit down type of cistern right?

$20 - $40 is fine... sure beats asking a plumber whose charges can go into hundreds [sweatdrop]

yup, need to change the whole flushing mechanism cos about $40... must take out old one bring to the shop as sample, else if u buy back might not fit ur tank. Jalan Besar alot bathroom accessories shop.

Bro, you gonna change the whole mechanism inside [nod]

You can un-install the whole tank & bring it to those shops selling toilet accessories & they can help you to fix the parts on the spot [nod]

I jus changed mine 1/2 year back at Jalan Besar area [nod]

Mine originally is using those old mechanism type ... change to whole set new type @ 30 plus but when you install the whole tank back to your toilet, must know how to adjust the water flow ... etc [nod]

Edited by Mzrmazda3
↡ Advertisement