100 members have voted

1. 1. Allion 1.8 or Civic 1.8?

• Allion 1.8
    • Civic 1.8

I voted for the civic for the driving pleasure & from AD [thumbsup]

but, how come you choose PI's 1.5 Allion instead of AD's Sylphy [:p][:p]

↡ Advertisement

civicccccccccccccccc

except Power and rear brake, Allion 1.8 wins over civic 1.8 every items especially the torque, price, FC, luxurious and Specious [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

if i ever choose a 1.5, its definitely about practicality.

but if that same 1.5 can give me some luxury, good reliability, looks and FC, i would ask why not?

if i choose a 1.8, it must be the drive that i'm after. so naturally i'll go for civic.

thats just me

As an Allion owner, I totally agree with you. That is also one reason why most of the Allion on the roads are 1.5.

exactly [thumbsup]

1.5L Allion body weight 1.4 ton, definitely underpowered, but 1.8 Allion body weight only 1.2 ton [thumbsup]

think they got the specs wrong on SG carmart....the 1.4ton shd be 1.8l while 1.2 shd be 1.5L allion..

In deciding your choice, it will depends on your preference...if you want a sportier drive the civic definately wins in handling and having better braking power, if you want a luxurious drive and something that is less common on the road, it'd be the allion...in terms of price, allion is cheaper and if u decide to choose over the civic, u shd think whether the civic is worth the extra premiums paid...anyway go with your heart :)

Turbocharged

My vote goes to the Allion..IMO, spending 89k for a 1.8L is simply not worth it..especially the 1.8L Civic pales in comparison when it comes to interior furnishing..

furthermore, the 1.8L SOHC is not as fun as DOHC engine..so if for Civic, i'll vote for the 2L, K20Z DOHC engine..

But what the Civic wins is in the driving experience, the 5spd gearbox and the futuristic dashboard..

My vote goes to the Allion..IMO, spending 89k for a 1.8L is simply not worth it..especially the 1.8L Civic pales in comparison when it comes to interior furnishing..

furthermore, the 1.8L SOHC is not as fun as DOHC engine..so if for Civic, i'll vote for the 2L, K20Z DOHC engine..

But what the Civic wins is in the driving experience, the 5spd gearbox and the futuristic dashboard..

Then why the bulk of the Civic sales is 1.8 and not 2.0. Wow, those thousands of owners are wrong in their choice then. [rolleyes]

I'm a poor practical & typical singaporean, want to buy a car with most space & comfort for least $ & maintenance [laugh]

but i was comparing 1.5 lah... somemore the allion gave me a better feel when i looked at it & sat in it [thumbsup]

if i were looking at 1.8, most probably stretch more for a more common car - civic! [laugh]

I'm a poor practical & typical singaporean, want to buy a car with most space & comfort for least $ & maintenance [laugh]

but i was comparing 1.5 lah... somemore the allion gave me a better feel when i looked at it & sat in it [thumbsup]

if i were looking at 1.8, most probably stretch more for a more common car - civic! [laugh]

most probably SG road tax system cause 1.8L is not so welcome in Singapore [thumbsdown]

Read somewhere that we have to minus 2 km/l from the published FC 'cos the car was tested without stuffs like spare tyre, audio system etc.

So likely could be 15 km/l? Perhaps someone driving an Allion 1.8L could help shed some light.... <_<

Actually the claims that Allion can achieve good mileage are no horse run.

Did not believe until I get the figures myself.

I can get 19.2km/l for my 1.5 Allion on 17' rims. This is the figure I got after I top up this morning. So if you minus 2 away, why 1.8 Allion cannot get 17km/l? Sure can.

1.5 underpower? if can get this kind of FC, the answer is no. Have to sit, drive and experience to see if it is underpowered.

Edit for spelling.

PIC090929001.jpg

Edited by Ldawn88

hi all!

I'm considering getting a 1.5l Allion too.

But my friend stopped me and asked me to opt for an altis due to the servicing concern.

For those who have been driving toyota PI cars, how is the servicing quality compare to the BM one? Price, Quality, etc?

yah....have been worrying about 1.5l underpower and ended up burning more oil...but wow...19km/l???!!! that's amazing!!! Even Prius may not be able to achieve that!

Neutral Newbie

I highly doubt...

In any case, Civic 1.8 also du have 13km/l la...

My friend's Allion 1.5 only can get 13-14km/l in SG daily driving...NSH different story la...

Civic 1.8 i think at most 11km/l

In terms of features like keyless entry and those extra frills, the Allion wins hands down. Civic got nothing

IN term of performance, both on par

In terms of looks, Civic nicer IMO

FC Wise, Allion wins hands down but drivability, i belive Civic is still a nicer drive

I guess it will boil down to OMV and whatever else la...somehow Allion still has that Ah Peck Chia badge

I usually get 11+km/l for my Civic 2.0A

Neutral Newbie

hi all!

I'm considering getting a 1.5l Allion too.

But my friend stopped me and asked me to opt for an altis due to the servicing concern.

For those who have been driving toyota PI cars, how is the servicing quality compare to the BM one? Price, Quality, etc?

yah....have been worrying about 1.5l underpower and ended up burning more oil...but wow...19km/l???!!! that's amazing!!! Even Prius may not be able to achieve that!

I am driving PI toyota axio, and I service my car at comfort delgro, price is reasonable, might be cheaper than BM cos usually authorised dealer servicing not as cheap as outside. i never service at BM so i dont know how much they charge.

quality wise i have no problems with comfort delgro, my previous car serviced with them for 110k and now my axio too, no problems about their quality n service.

and by the way if you choose the right PI, you can ever get higher warranty years/mileage than authorised dealers

btw axio and allion both are on toyota CVT for auto versions, and i get really good FC on my axio . 17'' rims, heavy footer, with only 50% highway i am getting 15km/l. if i go lighted footed i can get 17km/l, so i believe allion can achieve reasonably good FC as well

moreover i believe the interior of a car is the most important, cos u spend all your time in it. And personally i dont find the civic interior appealing. allion on the other hand has a great interior.

Edited by MrFlax

If i am not wrong, even though allion and Altis are both under the same class. Altis fuel consumption is not that good as compare to allion. For altis, even my Lancer GLX (A) FC is comparable to it. (i am getting around 13.5~14km/L on average while my boss Altis is only average around 10~11 km/ltrs)

There is really a big different between a MIT and MIJ for toyota.

Neutral Newbie

If i am not wrong, even though allion and Altis are both under the same class. Altis fuel consumption is not that good as compare to allion. For altis, even my Lancer GLX (A) FC is comparable to it. (i am getting around 13.5~14km/L on average while my boss Altis is only average around 10~11 km/ltrs)

allion and altis are not same class.. axio and altis are same class. Axio and altis interior are exactly the same.

altis lose out in Fc becos it is not on CVT, whereas allion and axio are, and allion and axio are JDM, whereas altis is tomyam

Wah! Your boss super heavy-feet eh? My Altis average 13.5 km/L, best so far is 14.5 km/L. [thumbsup]

But your Lancer GLX is impressive. My friend can only get around 10 km/L. [sweatdrop]

The allion and axio can achieve good FC because of the CVTi transmission. For a stock allion, it only takes around 1900rpm to maintain constant speed of 100km/h on the expressway.

Donwside is that the CVTi sometimes feels like sailing. Like the Rod steward song,..."I am sailing, I am sailing...."

↡ Advertisement