Help! Accident with SBS bus.

Chome

Neutral Newbie

I met an accident with a SBS bus at Causeway last Saturday. My car was at stationary (as causeway was jammed that day) but the bus came and hit my side doors. Very weird, the bus driver dont even want to come down and check his bus, and never write down my car number. Anyway, i took some photos, write down the contact no, bus no, and then he just drove away.

I filed a claim against third party on Monday. My workshop told me that till now the SBS bus driver still hasnt file a report yet.

So now my workshop told me i can't do anything until the bus driver goes and file the report.

My questions are:

1) what if the bus driver never goes and file the report?

2) what if the bus drivers suddenly resigns?

Would it be a gone case?

↡ Advertisement

Why not check with your insurer? More importantly, you've already filed a report... just ask them if you are to proceed with 3rd party claim. Workshop, especially smaller ones, may not be thoroughly familiar with the insurance side of things, or not sure how to help you with your 3rd party claim.

If the bus never stop after accident, could also be considered police case... check with your friendly neighbourhood police post and see if you can file a police report. Surely, the bus company will have to answer at this point.

If the bus suffered some damage, it will also be obvious at the depot. Don't think they can hide evidence... either way, the bus driver will have to answer for the damage, whether it occurred due to accident with another vehicle or any other reason.

Neutral Newbie

U shd quickly email to SBS Transit with the particulars.

http://feedbk.sbstransit.com.sg/INTCFMS.NS...ternet?openform

Buses are huge monsters. A small bump will not be felt by anyone on the bus, and the Causeway is a grey as to which jurisdiction it belongs to.

Both are singapore registered buses. if reports to Malaysia also no use.

Neutral Newbie

maybe he don't even know he hit your car [sweatdrop]

yes.. he doesnt know.. the bus was very crowded, i think those people block the side mirror that's why he cant see. Until i horn continously , then he stopped, but dont bother to come down and check.

Now he never picks up my call.

i had a similar case where a bus hit the back corner of my car while trying to squeeze through while trying to filter out a few years back

did the sbs bus left behind any paint on your car? if so, don't wash it away before taking pictures.

write a strongly worded letter to sbs transit and copy your insurance co.

if you can live with the dent, don't claim 3rd party

give sbs a timeframe to come back

they called me back promptly and i did not even need to let their insurance do a survey on my car. since the damage is minor, they just compensated me my repairs.

good luck

Neutral Newbie

Why not check with your insurer? More importantly, you've already filed a report... just ask them if you are to proceed with 3rd party claim. Workshop, especially smaller ones, may not be thoroughly familiar with the insurance side of things, or not sure how to help you with your 3rd party claim.

If the bus never stop after accident, could also be considered police case... check with your friendly neighbourhood police post and see if you can file a police report. Surely, the bus company will have to answer at this point.

If the bus suffered some damage, it will also be obvious at the depot. Don't think they can hide evidence... either way, the bus driver will have to answer for the damage, whether it occurred due to accident with another vehicle or any other reason.

from the picture i took, the bus rear bumper dropped a bit, can simply fix it by pushing back.

But my car two doors gone.. plus front bumper dented.

why is that so?

for a huge vehicle like bus, slow moving "bump" onto the car door might not be felt at all... perhaps, the driver seriously didn't know he hit your car.. since it's a jam situation, must be very slow and high chance, he is not aware.. [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

i had a similar case where a bus hit the back corner of my car while trying to squeeze through while trying to filter out a few years back

did the sbs bus left behind any paint on your car? if so, don't wash it away before taking pictures.

write a strongly worded letter to sbs transit and copy your insurance co.

if you can live with the dent, don't claim 3rd party

give sbs a timeframe to come back

they called me back promptly and i did not even need to let their insurance do a survey on my car. since the damage is minor, they just compensated me my repairs.

good luck

But i have already filed a third party claim on monday, can still change? For me the dent is unbearable, now the windows can't wind down completely.

Edited by Chome

Neutral Newbie

for a huge vehicle like bus, slow moving "bump" onto the car door might not be felt at all... perhaps, the driver seriously didn't know he hit your car.. since it's a jam situation, must be very slow and high chance, he is not aware.. [sweatdrop]

He is not aware can't say he doesn't need to file the report right.

no harm going back to your insurance to inform them u are now trying to claim sbs directly. once u claim 3rd party, your fate is in the hands of the insurance company

He is not aware can't say he doesn't need to file the report right.

sorry bro understand you kinda stress, but your england very powderful leh!?!?!?!?

how can the bus driver file a report if he doesn't even know the bus hit you! [shocked]

Neutral Newbie

I met an accident with a SBS bus at Causeway last Saturday. My car was at stationary (as causeway was jammed that day) but the bus came and hit my side doors. Very weird, the bus driver dont even want to come down and check his bus, and never write down my car number. Anyway, i took some photos, write down the contact no, bus no, and then he just drove away.

I filed a claim against third party on Monday. My workshop told me that till now the SBS bus driver still hasnt file a report yet.

So now my workshop told me i can't do anything until the bus driver goes and file the report.

My questions are:

1) what if the bus driver never goes and file the report?

2) what if the bus drivers suddenly resigns?

Would it be a gone case?

SBS ley. Confim gone case. They will claim you big big