Should motorize bicycle be ride on the road.?

Icyfreakass

RIDDEN* on the road. (just copied and pasted blindly.) haha

Starting this thread on behalf of Atsphere bro as he happened to get into an accident with a bike. He shall continue on this thread.

Edited by Icyfreakass
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Icyfreakass..

It's my encounter with this motorize bicycle that hit my ass, while i'm stationary.

I can't get my compensation from the cyclist, and also from the insurance as he's not covered.

Well, that's my luck!

Now, my concern is that, do any brothers here have the similar encounter?

What is the action by your IO?

NO, because they are not insured. Any problem will be tricky or sticky.

Non-motorised one are still ok, because less power, easier to brake.

Neutral Newbie

I made a police report, and they only give a warning stating " Riding other than in an orderly manner and without due regard safety of others under rule 10 of bicycle rule "

Some more, he doesn't have safety gear.

Fellow duwan to pay.

This was what atsphere and me were conversing in pm.

Atsphere:

That's a motorize bicycle..

without insurance claim.

I've even issued lawyer letter to him.. and he denied everything..

and insist his rights of way.

Lawyer told me, it's a sure win case. but thinking about the cost incurred ..

i reconsider and opt out.

despite the fact, it's fully claimable from other party if i win. But, only on the condition he have the $ to pay.

That fellow is full of pictures on his body and insist me to sue him up. I think he's ready to get jailed.

and no point for me to risk my $$ suing him and later no $$ pay me back..

Neutral Newbie

he said, he did not hit my car. and the damage is not from his bicycle.

He deny everything.

I hv confident that he's the one inflicted the damage. BUt to prove this, i've to pay S$2k for reconstruction engineering by expert to determine the scar is made by which kind of vehicle.

Is that necessary? My lawyer advised me, i can claim from the other party, with the risk. Looking at his pattern, (chao ah beng, full of pictures on his body, and keep asking me to sue him as if he very happy to go jail) i think no point for me to pursue. at the end, i win in paper, but he got not $ to pay me.

this kind of people going to jail or not doesn't really bothers him.. and i think he will feel proud going in.

Now, i can't let this lying down. Why the traffic police only give him a warning?

Why LTA din do something to him?

Now, i can't let this lying down. Why the traffic police only give him a warning?

i can explain why TP and LTA took no further action, but my comment is NOT meant to argue that the outcome is fair, its only to explain the reality. and my explanation very layman terms coz my understanding is also only layman based on what i read in the news and stuff, so experts might wanna clarify further or even correct me.

its coz the fella didn commit a crime. if he damaged public property or whacked a civil servant in the course of his duty, it would have been a crime. but not private property. for him to be charged, he needs to be guilty of a crime. what crime can he be guilty of? vandalism? not in this case because the mata wont be able to prove he deliberately damaged your car out of mischief. rioting? he didn go around with a weapon with intent to hurt. traffic offence? not unless they have evidence of reckless riding or beat red light or something.

so in this instance, the law is unable to help you, only the courts can. meaning must sue. and just like your lawyer says, probably can win coz the courts will protect the victim. but the law cant do anything because he did not technically commit any crime.

obviously there will be ppl who disagree with all this, and yes i also think its unfair. common man in the street kena whack police cant charge unless the guilty party can be proven to be 'rioting'; if not at most mebbe a charge of public nuisance, which is not much. must go court get magistrate's order then can see the other guy get consequences. but thats the reality, but dont for one second think this situation is uniquely s'pore, because it isn.

They're menace on the road cause law protect them,You bang them you sure kena,They bang you TP or Police just concern whether the rider hurt or not.Claim?What a joke [sweatdrop] I was hoping that the authorities will set up rule banning bicycle on public roads [sly]

i can explain why TP and LTA took no further action, but my comment is NOT meant to argue that the outcome is fair, its only to explain the reality. and my explanation very layman terms coz my understanding is also only layman based on what i read in the news and stuff, so experts might wanna clarify further or even correct me.

its coz the fella didn commit a crime. if he damaged public property or whacked a civil servant in the course of his duty, it would have been a crime. but not private property. for him to be charged, he needs to be guilty of a crime. what crime can he be guilty of? vandalism? not in this case because the mata wont be able to prove he deliberately damaged your car out of mischief. rioting? he didn go around with a weapon with intent to hurt. traffic offence? not unless they have evidence of reckless riding or beat red light or something.

so in this instance, the law is unable to help you, only the courts can. meaning must sue. and just like your lawyer says, probably can win coz the courts will protect the victim. but the law cant do anything because he did not technically commit any crime.

obviously there will be ppl who disagree with all this, and yes i also think its unfair. common man in the street kena whack police cant charge unless the guilty party can be proven to be 'rioting'; if not at most mebbe a charge of public nuisance, which is not much. must go court get magistrate's order then can see the other guy get consequences. but thats the reality, but dont for one second think this situation is uniquely s'pore, because it isn.

well said....

but not sure if i quite understand the part abt "...yes i also think its unfair. common man in the street kena whack police cant charge unless the guilty party can be proven to be 'rioting'; if not at most mebbe a charge of public nuisance, which is not much...."

You mean I can hit someone and get away with it?

well said....

but not sure if i quite understand the part abt "...yes i also think its unfair. common man in the street kena whack police cant charge unless the guilty party can be proven to be 'rioting'; if not at most mebbe a charge of public nuisance, which is not much...."

You mean I can hit someone and get away with it?

remember one or two years back this guy whacked another until teeth break, police came but never even arrest the whacker? its coz technically he did not commit any other crime, like rioting, like i said.

can you get away with it? depends entirely on the other person. if he dies, you're in big trouble. if he survives? well, did you have a weapon and did you do it with intent to kill? if yes to either or both, you're also in trouble. was it pre-meditated? if yes, possibly in trouble, possibly not. if not even pre-meditated, on the spur just whack, no weapon no intent and the fella never die.... then the other fella can go court to apply for magistrate's order, and if he gets it you will be arrested. if he doesn bother getting the order, or if the court throws the case out (like he the one who provoke or something, the case not likely thrown just coz magistrate cant bother), then yes you got away with it.

as you can see, even though technically there is a way to get away with it, there are factors that make you UNable to get away.

but like the guy in the news as well as TS, they happened to be in a situation where must get either magistrate order or sue, otherwise the other guy WILL get away with it.

again i must stress this is merely layman understanding.

he said, he did not hit my car. and the damage is not from his bicycle.

He deny everything.

I hv confident that he's the one inflicted the damage. BUt to prove this, i've to pay S$2k for reconstruction engineering by expert to determine the scar is made by which kind of vehicle.

Is that necessary? My lawyer advised me, i can claim from the other party, with the risk. Looking at his pattern, (chao ah beng, full of pictures on his body, and keep asking me to sue him as if he very happy to go jail) i think no point for me to pursue. at the end, i win in paper, but he got not $ to pay me.

this kind of people going to jail or not doesn't really bothers him.. and i think he will feel proud going in.

I m not trying to inflict further pain on u, however, i had pointed out a couple of time on this forum that motorize bike is more dangerous than AT/APNN who any how ride their pedal power. Mayb u could get police to sent the bike to LTA for examination to see whether it complies with LTA rule (including having LTA seal).

Twincharged

I think the traffic police cannot do anything. Because the last time my friend who was riding on a bicycle on the road(he was riding on the double yellow lines) was knocked down by a car. The car got some scratches and my friend was not injured but his bicycle got damaged. In the end no one claim anything but the traffic police told my friend that he is supposed to cycle in the middle of the extreme left lane to prevent himself from being bullied by the cars as they normally don't overtake with a safe distance. And if at traffic light also don't stop at the side because the cars will try to squeeze. Only if got 2 bicycles then at the traffic light stop side by side on the extreme left lane.

↡ Advertisement