• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
196 replies to this topic | 205 praises

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

Tjkbeluga
  • Premium member
    Tjkbeluga
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Guys,

Planning to go to Perth for a free and easy trip in early december this year. Can anyone recommend me where can I book best pricing car? Preferably online. Thinking of booking a camry size car as we have 4 adult and 2 children (age 5 and 7). Will definitely travel out of Perth but not going to Albany as it's too rush for less than a week trip.

Thanks.
Latio Premium Sedan

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:02 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

can check Bayswater if they are still around ...

but 4 adults + 2 children in Camry not very comfortable lei ... think MPV better lah ...
Uncle2 praised this
"old dog, new tricks ..."

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:12 PM

Seaweed
  • Seaweed
    Supercharged
    Author Image

they are still around....rate are rather ok...only must make sure it is unlimited mileage out of perth...

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:22 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hay Street and Kings street are flooded with car rental company

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:35 PM

Tjkbeluga
  • Premium member
    Tjkbeluga
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Thanks guys, will check it out...
Latio Premium Sedan

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:40 PM

Gturismo
  • Gturismo
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi Guys,

Planning to go to Perth for a free and easy trip in early december this year. Can anyone recommend me where can I book best pricing car? Preferably online. Thinking of booking a camry size car as we have 4 adult and 2 children (age 5 and 7). Will definitely travel out of Perth but not going to Albany as it's too rush for less than a week trip.

Thanks.

I second bayswater and remember go for the unlimited mileage. How about map? which map are you using?

World Rally Team

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

Ronnchee
  • Premium member
    Ronnchee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I third Baywater, cheapest in town.

And when come to return the car, they are not so particular abt the condition.
I like to break, particularly records ...

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:13 PM

Fatfat
  • Fatfat
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

bayswater for no frills.

GPS can be had, for a little add-on.

can choose to return the car and take a cab to the airport, or return at airport and pay surcharge of AUD60.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:32 PM

Dunno
  • Dunno
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I useed Hertz when I was in Perth a few years ago. Company rate. Booked an Estima for 7 adults, travelled nearly 2000km.

Booked online, pick up the car at the airport when I reached, and returned it at the airport before my flight back to SG. Arrangements will be made if picking up the keys after office hours.

Email: dunnounme@yahoo.com.sg

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:47 PM

Cklasse
  • Cklasse
    4th Gear
    Author Image

can check Bayswater if they are still around ...

but 4 adults + 2 children in Camry not very comfortable lei ... think MPV better lah ...

I agree. Camry is a squeeze for 4 adults and 2 kids. Btw, there may be a law to have all belt up, so how to with 4 adults and 2 kids. i would go for a MPV so that all are belt up (not because of law) but for safety and comfort.

I have so far booked Hertz and just collect and return car in airport.

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:25 AM

Optix
  • Optix
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Try M2000 Car Rental. The rates are comparable to Bayswater if you choose to have the unlimited mileage option.

I rather not take Bayswater due to high signature. Bayswater's fleet are all white with the "no birds" stickers, so it is a dead giveaway that you are likely not local and you have valuables in the car.

Edited by Optix, 07 October 2009 - 12:26 AM.

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:44 AM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I was a happy customer of no frills M2000. Rented a Yoris from them. Among the cheapest in town.

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:03 AM

Sir8
  • Sir8
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

At the airport just ask from all the available companies there. One can be substantially cheaper than others, from some reasons. Ya Camry too squeeze for 4+2.

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mate , in Australia, you will be pulled up if you have 4 adults and 2 kids in your car.

If the kids are above 8 , they would be too big, if they are younger then childseats are mandatory and Aussie TP are strict about safety .

I'll be in OZ too this december, 4 adults 1 child just nice fit into a 3-liter Holden Commodore.

enjoy your trip

Edited by Throttle2, 07 October 2009 - 11:09 AM.

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:33 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Anyone booked car rental for Perth via vroomvroomvroom & can share the experience about collecting and returning car at airport?

Booking a Hertz car.

Better to book excess waiver insurance on the spot at Hertz (AUD224) or via the online portal 'Hiccup Insurance' which pops up to ask if you want to buy their insurance for AUD4K excess waiver ($169)?

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:45 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

vroomvroomvroom is just the portal for booking europcar, hertz, avis, budget, etc - there is no different

i have used their service ... good [thumbsup]

i booked thru vroom and best part is only pay upon car collection. i booked a europcar for toyota but they give me a hyundai ...

i walked away and get a toyota (fairly new) from hertz at same price [;)] - can negotiate at the counter

all the car rental companies are at the perth airport ... you can get cars from any counter ... the collection and return car is exactly the same ... i normally take up the insurance package (full coverage) offered by the company at the counter for peace of mind ... it's not worth it to save that 200-ish for the comprehensive insurance coverage

Edited by Wt_know, 30 August 2015 - 12:50 AM.

Vinceng praised this

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:57 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Why gps rental so ex? About 10 plus aud daily
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:04 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

screw the gps ... use google maps or tomtom (no data required) on iphone [thumbsup]

Why gps rental so ex? About 10 plus aud daily

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:01 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

screw the gps ... use google maps or tomtom (no data required) on iphone [thumbsup]

Tom tom pay one right?

Google map seems not really good. Maybe i will try use it in sg first
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Why people says Bayswater is convenient I don't get it. I've drove past it before. Really out in the middle of no where. Nowhere close to the airport also

I rented from hertz. Return is fuss free as well. Just drop the key off and can Siam liao.

I didn't take the insurance package.

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Rental, Perth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users