Australia: Car Rental in Perth

Tjkbeluga

Depends on what insurance policy u take

If full cover extensive, even u smash the car they also wont check cos its kinda covered in the rental price haha

The klugger u can adjust the centre seat to make more space for 3rd row. Its easier to climb as compared to large MPV

On the insurance, is it bought together with the rental, or with travel insurance? 

What type insurance is recommended?

hmm... Klugger is SUV right? is it easier to climb in c.f. large MPV? MPV being taller should be quite easy I'll think, no? Also, the iMax can adjust 2nd row seats too, and I'll imagine other large MPVs also should be able to adjust a bit front/back...

↡ Advertisement

hmm...

tks for suggesting Klugger. First time hearing this car. Looks like it's a SUV near Fortuner mould? Have not driven one before so it would be fun, but am not sure it's big enough though, as we'll have quite a few luggages (likely 1x28", 2x24", 2x20" plus 1 backpack). When we had iMax, it was obviously more than adequate given the huge boot. If change to SUV like Fortuner type, might be tough, esp. since my girl is already 1.72 m... ask her sit 3rd row if not much space sure nag like mad...

have you tried carnival before? how high is it and is it difficult for elderly to get in/up, would you know?

Wow tall girl lol.

You really need a van if you are going out of Perth.

On the insurance, is it bought together with the rental, or with travel insurance?

What type insurance is recommended?

hmm... Klugger is SUV right? is it easier to climb in c.f. large MPV? MPV being taller should be quite easy I'll think, no? Also, the iMax can adjust 2nd row seats too, and I'll imagine other large MPVs also should be able to adjust a bit front/back...

I actually just took the standard insurance. Zero excess costs quite a bit. Well I had no problems but hard to say.

I actually just took the standard insurance. Zero excess costs quite a bit. Well I had no problems but hard to say.

ha.. driven many times in auzzie..  but 3 trips ago.. a kangaroo kamikazed.. caused NO damage on the V6 holden exterior...  but ''uppercutted'' a god damn hole in the fuel tank after going under the carriage.. 

Hertz had to send a replacement car from the airport out to grampians park where i was staying

that bill was 3k...  

have been on zero excess ever since... one time i scared liao...  sometimes..  the animals there live such a good and slow paced life they juz wanna kill themselves... keke

hmm... 

tks for suggesting Klugger. First time hearing this car. Looks like it's a SUV near Fortuner mould? Have not driven one before so it would be fun, but am not sure it's big enough though, as we'll have quite a few luggages (likely 1x28", 2x24", 2x20" plus 1 backpack). When we had iMax, it was obviously more than adequate given the huge boot. If change to SUV like Fortuner type, might be tough, esp. since my girl is already 1.72 m... ask her sit 3rd row if not much space sure nag like mad...

have you tried carnival before? how high is it and is it difficult for elderly to get in/up, would you know?

i answered u on the carnival above few posts up...  

klugger....when i was there.. cannot collect from the airport itself... which took it out from my considerations... 

FYI.. those websites  that say tarago OR equi.. you get there.. u will get carnival... 

Edited by SuPerBoRed

Wow tall girl lol.

You really need a van if you are going out of Perth.

yah lor... she received SHS slip saying she's tall for her age...

now once in a while sit in 3rd row of our wish, can hear her nag most of the trip  [smash]

I think wife is planning got a fair bit of driving type... Will likely try to get a carnival to try out.

ok, i'll check out on the insurance involved with the rental.

Rented from hertz from the airport directly.. 6adults.. got the carnival.

Last row had to sit one pax with luggage. Recommend stackable luggage to max out boot space.

0 excess always the way to go.. Perth easy drives all the way... take time for wineries.. cheese.. chocolates

They don't hv tarago anymore it seems..iirc

aiyo... somehow missed out this post - paiseh.

you meant you had to fold down one seat for the luggage, and only one sat at 3rd row?

Did you have lots of luggage, or is the boot area not as big as i thought?? Or is it becos your luggages were not stackable?

I would rather the kids both sit on 3rd row without having to sacrifice a seat for luggage space. Else if one sit with my parents on 2nd row, sure complain...

For 0 excess, do you remember roughly how much did you have to pay for the insurance?

in fact, do you remember the rental rates?

Ok, if no more tarago then i dun bother. Was actually trying to find out whether Tarago is like the Previa, or like the Estima, in terms of the way the 3rd row seats fold...

ha.. driven many times in auzzie..  but 3 trips ago.. a kangaroo kamikazed.. caused NO damage on the V6 holden exterior...  but ''uppercutted'' a god damn hole in the fuel tank after going under the carriage.. 

Hertz had to send a replacement car from the airport out to grampians park where i was staying

that bill was 3k...  

have been on zero excess ever since... one time i scared liao...  sometimes..  the animals there live such a good and slow paced life they juz wanna kill themselves... keke

i answered u on the carnival above few posts up...  

klugger....when i was there.. cannot collect from the airport itself... which took it out from my considerations... 

FYI.. those websites  that say tarago OR equi.. you get there.. u will get carnival... 

OK. Very useful tip. Let me check what's the chance of us venturing to those 'high risk' roads. If have, better play safe...

Oh, btw, for the carnival you rented, happen to know which year's model is it? And it's the Carnival, and not Grand Carnival hor?

aiyo... somehow missed out this post - paiseh.

you meant you had to fold down one seat for the luggage, and only one sat at 3rd row?

Did you have lots of luggage, or is the boot area not as big as i thought?? Or is it becos your luggages were not stackable?

I would rather the kids both sit on 3rd row without having to sacrifice a seat for luggage space. Else if one sit with my parents on 2nd row, sure complain...

For 0 excess, do you remember roughly how much did you have to pay for the insurance?

in fact, do you remember the rental rates?

Ok, if no more tarago then i dun bother. Was actually trying to find out whether Tarago is like the Previa, or like the Estima, in terms of the way the 3rd row seats fold...

OK. Very useful tip. Let me check what's the chance of us venturing to those 'high risk' roads. If have, better play safe...

Oh, btw, for the carnival you rented, happen to know which year's model is it? And it's the Carnival, and not Grand Carnival hor?

for carnival.. there is small boot space at the back of the last row.. which you would need to stack up ur luggage to max out the space

i went with wife..parents and in laws...   everyone brought their own luggage...   that boot space can put 4 midsize 26'' luggage if stackable...  (i had 5 there)    the additional one was placed in the last row seats..  

the middle row have a foldable chair ..  

ie .. i sat 2-3-1 

info is good 4yrs ago... back then paid about 1.3k sgd for the car (12days i think)... forgot the excess for that trip.. but definitely low hundreds

the model then was a 06 to 08 one i think.. but they have the new one available for rental am sure.. coz the counter staff did say they were replacing the fleet soon when i complained abt the condition..  

for carnival.. there is small boot space at the back of the last row.. which you would need to stack up ur luggage to max out the space

i went with wife..parents and in laws...   everyone brought their own luggage...   that boot space can put 4 midsize 26'' luggage if stackable...  (i had 5 there)    the additional one was placed in the last row seats..  

the middle row have a foldable chair ..  

ie .. i sat 2-3-1 

info is good 4yrs ago... back then paid about 1.3k sgd for the car (12days i think)... forgot the excess for that trip.. but definitely low hundreds

the model then was a 06 to 08 one i think.. but they have the new one available for rental am sure.. coz the counter staff did say they were replacing the fleet soon when i complained abt the condition..  

OK, then it's likely the older grand carnival. The carnival (or sedona) was launched 2 yr ago. Should be in the Estima league, and so space should be quite ok...

Wah, you  [thumbsup]

I very seldom hear got people go with parents AND in-laws for trips. Presumably they are not very old to be able to climb into 3rd row? Or did your wife offer to do that?

Thanks for the info... 

OK, then it's likely the older grand carnival. The carnival (or sedona) was launched 2 yr ago. Should be in the Estima league, and so space should be quite ok...

Wah, you  [thumbsup]

I very seldom hear got people go with parents AND in-laws for trips. Presumably they are not very old to be able to climb into 3rd row? Or did your wife offer to do that?

Thanks for the info... 

no choice i guess... wanted to bring them to ang mo country before they cannot/dont want...  so .. was more my wish then theirs i suppose.. 

all 4 old folks quite healthy 61~58  age range then... .. my wife was with me in front most of the time.. or my dad.. 

• Praise 1

no choice i guess... wanted to bring them to ang mo country before they cannot/dont want...  so .. was more my wish then theirs i suppose.. 

all 4 old folks quite healthy 61~58  age range then... .. my wife was with me in front most of the time.. or my dad.. 

ok  [thumbsup] to you again for being a good son/in-law.

i started to bring my folks along on our trips too when kids were old enough to travel, but age is catching up with my folks, and now around 80, better hurry up...

• Praise 2

I tried a 8d7n melbourne self drive earlier this yr with my in laws too.

They liked it. Perhaps due to the slower pace drive and free n easy. See wat like we stop over. Makan . Sight seeing. Less walking..

I guess this kind of road trip suits old folks a lot

• Praise 1

I tried a 8d7n melbourne self drive earlier this yr with my in laws too.

They liked it. Perhaps due to the slower pace drive and free n easy. See wat like we stop over. Makan . Sight seeing. Less walking..

I guess this kind of road trip suits old folks a lot

Yes, indeed...

Leisurely type. Better than those where they need to wake up 6.30 am, breakfast, board coach at 7.45 am, reached destination quickly alight and go around fast fast and be back to move off in 2 hr, pattern...

Or those ownself take map and go take MRT/bus, then walk for long distance type...

Oh, one thing they did a lot during the drive -- koon  [sleeping]

Yes, indeed...

Leisurely type. Better than those where they need to wake up 6.30 am, breakfast, board coach at 7.45 am, reached destination quickly alight and go around fast fast and be back to move off in 2 hr, pattern...

Or those ownself take map and go take MRT/bus, then walk for long distance type...

Oh, one thing they did a lot during the drive -- koon  [sleeping]

hahaha..  but i prefer to follow those type where there is a language barrier...  also prefer self drive definitely

but i got to warn you first... in perth...  i drank ALOT of soup...  pork + carrot + potato.... and spend a fair bit of time in supermarkets...  

margaret river is really nice...  try and take different routes down and back...  i rem i took cave road back up rather than the high way down

hahaha..  but i prefer to follow those type where there is a language barrier...  also prefer self drive definitely

but i got to warn you first... in perth...  i drank ALOT of soup...  pork + carrot + potato.... and spend a fair bit of time in supermarkets...  

margaret river is really nice...  try and take different routes down and back...  i rem i took cave road back up rather than the high way down

Err... why drank so much of the soup? You cantonese huh?

why should take different routes? The scenery is nice? With so many on board, heavy responsibility, scared lost leh...

why should take different routes? The scenery is nice? With so many on board, heavy responsibility, scared lost leh...

I almost fell asleep driving to busselton and when I was coming back. Their highway is really monotonous. Don't see crap except Bush.

Theres also no natural stopping areas unlike driving in USA or Nz.

old folks very traditional mah... 

different routes to try and avoid the monotonous drive

i drove to leeuwin via highway 10.. and took the cave roads back up to eagle bay area.. stopping and one of the caves for a visit.. 

its not that hard a drive... simple straight and flat routes... 

I almost fell asleep driving to busselton and when I was coming back. Their highway is really monotonous. Don't see crap except Bush.

Theres also no natural stopping areas unlike driving in USA or Nz.

yea.. keeping to 100 can be quite boring... but i rather do that then to do another queenstown to wanaka drive at 8pm + rain...   that was the scariest drive i ever did... 

old folks very traditional mah...

different routes to try and avoid the monotonous drive

i drove to leeuwin via highway 10.. and took the cave roads back up to eagle bay area.. stopping and one of the caves for a visit..

its not that hard a drive... simple straight and flat routes...

yea.. keeping to 100 can be quite boring... but i rather do that then to do another queenstown to wanaka drive at 8pm + rain... that was the scariest drive i ever did...

Hahaha pretty silly to drive in Nz in the dark. The drive up to wanaka via haast pass.

Hahaha pretty silly to drive in Nz in the dark. The drive up to wanaka via haast pass.

bo pian.. underestimated the drive to and from milford sound.. accomodation was at wanaka mah... 

juz came back last week... so ... that scary drive still quite vivid... 

:TT_TT:

↡ Advertisement