Australia: Car Rental in Perth

Tjkbeluga

yea.. perth reminds me of malaysia... with 10x better scenery tho.. 

At least won't kena robbed on the highway or petrol station. Highway roads are better quality too. Drivers are more considerate and seldom use high beam. They will giveway when you signal.

global warming you either get a surprise which is less likely or get hotter. A friend who is there this week say is 33 deg.

hot and dry and the flies.

Their summer can be very hot, do watch out for bush fire alert on the highway.

Just returned from Perth and sharing my experience. Booked with Hertz and collected at the Airport. They will try to sell $0 excess insurance which I declined. The excess insurance easily 200 AUD more. I took the fuel option and returned it empty. Not sure it was cheaper this way. Price including tank of fuel was 456 AUD for 1 week. Booked a Qasqhai but they gave me a Mitsubishi ASX 2.0. Their cars are quite new (<5,000 KM). The return process was smooth.

Drove 700km+ in a week. The highways outside the city are fun to drive. Long straight roads to nowhere.

Always cheaper to pump full tank then return back.

The bloody excess in NZ is $3450!

I didn't buy the zero excess anyway, lucky bo taichi.

One suggestion, always buy travel insurance with high rental car excess coverage, like $1500.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Just returned from Perth and sharing my experience. Booked with Hertz and collected at the Airport. They will try to sell $0 excess insurance which I declined. The excess insurance easily 200 AUD more. I took the fuel option and returned it empty. Not sure it was cheaper this way. Price including tank of fuel was 456 AUD for 1 week. Booked a Qasqhai but they gave me a Mitsubishi ASX 2.0. Their cars are quite new (<5,000 KM). The return process was smooth.

Drove 700km+ in a week. The highways outside the city are fun to drive. Long straight roads to nowhere.

That's useful to know - thanks!

Was worried that their MPV Kia Carnival could be the old Grand Carnival which imo CMI.

If mostly <5000 km, then i think should be the new Carnival launched 2 yr ago. Was surprised that their specs says can take only 1 big and 2 small luggages, when a Kluger (7-seater SUV) can take 2 big 2 small... Carnival supposed to be much bigger than SUV...

might be useful to u guys

Rent a car with Avis & get the 6th day free*. SGP_ICSS_Avis_6thdayfree_00_01Nov2016_41 Road tripping around Australia just got that much more rewarding with Avis. From 11 November 2016 to 10 April 2017, simply rent a car for 6 consecutive days or more at any Avis Australia location, and receive your 6th day free of time and kilometre charges. SGP_ICSS_Avis_6thdayfree_00_01Nov2016_41 This offer is exclusively available to American Express® Card Members only. SGP_ICSS_Avis_6thdayfree_00_01Nov2016_41

That's useful to know - thanks!

Was worried that their MPV Kia Carnival could be the old Grand Carnival which imo CMI.

If mostly <5000 km, then i think should be the new Carnival launched 2 yr ago. Was surprised that their specs says can take only 1 big and 2 small luggages, when a Kluger (7-seater SUV) can take 2 big 2 small... Carnival supposed to be much bigger than SUV...

if u rent from hertz, they give u new kia carnival, i saw the car upon collecting my car. most of their fleet are less than 2 yrs old

might be useful to u guys

Rent a car with Avis & get the 6th day free*. SGP_ICSS_Avis_6thdayfree_00_01Nov2016_41 Road tripping around Australia just got that much more rewarding with Avis. From 11 November 2016 to 10 April 2017, simply rent a car for 6 consecutive days or more at any Avis Australia location, and receive your 6th day free of time and kilometre charges. SGP_ICSS_Avis_6thdayfree_00_01Nov2016_41 This offer is exclusively available to American Express® Card Members only. SGP_ICSS_Avis_6thdayfree_00_01Nov2016_41

if u rent from hertz, they give u new kia carnival, i saw the car upon collecting my car. most of their fleet are less than 2 yrs old

OK. Great - tks!

Should check out Avis too...

yw

probably the klugger they measure based on 5 seater cargo space

but 7 seater cargo space for carnival

ai yo... then they si bey misrepresentation lor...

They clearly put 7-seater. Imagine anyone who doesn't know better think with 7 seats still can put so many luggages, go there pick up car, then realise dio-pian'ed, and got no more cars. Then must strap the luggages above the roof liao  [laugh]

ai yo... then they si bey misrepresentation lor...

They clearly put 7-seater. Imagine anyone who doesn't know better think with 7 seats still can put so many luggages, go there pick up car, then realise dio-pian'ed, and got no more cars. Then must strap the luggages above the roof liao  [laugh]

also cannot they dont have the roof rack [:p]

must be misrepresentation i think, remember mine after all seats up left small luggage to fit in

post-61366-0-87811400-1479351770_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

also cannot they dont have the roof rack [:p]

must be misrepresentation i think, remember mine after all seats up left small luggage to fit in

Yah, i'm sure all (almost) SUVs if got 3 rows of seats, sure got v little luggage left one. A colleague drove an old XC90. 3rd row leg room was a joke, but at least got bit boot space for luggage. I doubt any other 7-seater SUVs will have more space.

Exception is maybe the infiniti giant SUV i saw at car@expo recently. Can't remember boot, but that vehicle got space... 8-seater some more.

• Praise 1

just pick up a corolla in melbourne

from budget ... mileage 6800km

yes budget ... i am sibei cheapskate

Edited by Wt_know

Yah, i'm sure all (almost) SUVs if got 3 rows of seats, sure got v little luggage left one. A colleague drove an old XC90. 3rd row leg room was a joke, but at least got bit boot space for luggage. I doubt any other 7-seater SUVs will have more space.

Exception is maybe the infiniti giant SUV i saw at car@expo recently. Can't remember boot, but that vehicle got space... 8-seater some more.

That Infiniti QX80 is a scary beast. I wouldn't want to be driving in front of it.

The height of the bonnet is at my chest level and I am 1.88m tall...damn.

Always cheaper to pump full tank then return back.

The bloody excess in NZ is $3450!

I didn't buy the zero excess anyway, lucky bo taichi.

One suggestion, always buy travel insurance with high rental car excess coverage, like $1500.

If look for travel insurance with high rental car excess, should go for those with $2k.  $2k excess is enough to cover the excess of rental car company.

No diff btw 1500 and 2000 in terms of premium.

If look for travel insurance with high rental car excess, should go for those with $2k.  $2k excess is enough to cover the excess of rental car company.

No diff btw 1500 and 2000 in terms of premium.

the last time i went i also only depend on the travel insurance car rental $1500 excess, praying hard nothing happen in the trip   [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement