BMW to phase out the 5 Series

Drive_carcar

Read this from ------.com; I have been dreaming of owning a 5 series for ages, so I can drive my family around in comfort. Now that they are phasing out the 5 series, it makes me so eager to see what might take it's place.

Certainly there is this segment of the market who desires a luxury sedan that is in between 3 and 7 series, which BMW had pretty much ignored for too long. The "old" 5 series has been in dire need of a major facelift.

Edited by Drive_carcar
↡ Advertisement

Like this also can make news....

BMW got no other news to excite people is it?

So I guses PML will be selling 5-Classic or 5-Executive or 5-Masterpiece soon for the remaining stocks till CNY?

Will the price be cheap cheap and fully loaded with features......can consider if the price point is ok as this current model is still HOT looking.

Won't be cheap la. The 525 now going for 190 plus. In 2006, my mum paid 173 for a new 523 through a friend's help. can't believe that it's so ex considering its quite an old model.

I don't think PML will lelong their current 5 series model, but i see 2nd hand value will go further down when the new model arrive. Ppl who still want the current model should consider 2nd hand instead of brand new from PML. Just my view.

Neutral Newbie

I don't think PML will lelong their current 5 series model, but i see 2nd hand value will go further down when the new model arrive. Ppl who still want the current model should consider 2nd hand instead of brand new from PML. Just my view.

spot on

my friend bot a second hand 1 year old 5 series for $130k. i thought was a good buy.

Read this from ------.com; I have been dreaming of owning a 5 series for ages, so I can drive my family around in comfort. Now that they are phasing out the 5 series, it makes me so eager to see what might take it's place.

Certainly there is this segment of the market who desires a luxury sedan that is in between 3 and 7 series, which BMW had pretty much ignored for too long. The "old" 5 series has been in dire need of a major facelift.

http://www.------.com/news/news.php?newsid=3492#

spot on

my friend bot a second hand 1 year old 5 series for $130k. i thought was a good buy.

Wow, i suppose the 1st owner loss at least 40k in 1 yr for the car. [sweatdrop]

BMW to phase out the 5 Series

Posted by azfar 7 Oct 2009 Email this news

Current 5 Series will be axed to make way for new model

BMW will end production of the current 5-series (E60) in December.

While this is sooner than expected, it seems logical since the Dingolfing factory will be closed for the holidays, and retooling for the F10 production in several months. The remaining production run will likely be an assortment of moderately equipped cars, destined to become dealer inventory.

Dealers have reportedly been instructed only to take "special orders" for the outgoing 5, with the new 5 Series Gran Turismo version scheduled to hit the streets as early as the end of this year.

Neutral Newbie

Found the link to a respectable Singapore website......

It may not be getting rid of the 5-series but the present model will be phased out to introduce the replacement 5-series.....the 5 GT lah.

PML cannot do away with the money making 5-series that caters to the yuppies. But to get the 5 GT must as well buy the more sporty X6. Surely the PIs will beat PML to bring in first and definitely with more options as standard.

depend which 5 series model lah. There is a time where the lowest model only selling at 140k. So selling at 130 for 2nd car is not a good buy if in this arena

Edited by Axela72

Neutral Newbie

come to think of it, ya hor, owner made a huge loss, it is a 07 model i think, i not that familiar with bmws

probably car got prob, got into accident before or smtg, or owner is ang moh gg back home....

Lowest price for 520i in line 4 in history was early this year at between $130K to $133K, brand new from PML. I am getting a used 4.5yrs old 520i 2.2L inline 6 for $73K, Collecting car in 2 weeks time, will hold onto it for 1 to 2 yrs before exporting

Edited by Amazon777

Neutral Newbie

Lowest price for 520i in line 4 in history was early this year at between $130K to $133K, brand new from PML. I am getting a used 4.5yrs old 520i 2.2L inline 6 for $73K, Collecting car in 2 weeks time, will hold onto it for 1 to 2 yrs before exporting

wow 130k brand new is super good deal!!

u got any pics of ur upcoming car? 73k is a good deal too. makes me itchy la

Seems like they are only eliminating the current model to make way for a new model. Can't possibly phase the whole model out of BMW's model line-up.

↡ Advertisement