Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:08 PM

Sofarsogood
  • Sofarsogood
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hello all,

As above. So far, HSBC quote me $104 for Classic Couple Plan.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

Pentrain
  • Pentrain
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hello u can get a quote from NTUC..from their website

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:40 PM

eloop123
  • eloop123
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I took out a travel insurance policy with Tokio Marine Insurance Singapore through Singcapital for my family. The policy holds valid for a period of 12 months and covers worldwide (TM Xplora Classic Family).

My family and I planned to travel to Japan for holiday. However, my wife experienced increase abdominal girth gradually and had heavy bleeding and two other bleeding earlier. She was referred for ultrasound pelvis (to investigate gynaecological tumour). It was diagnosed she is pregnancy and her expected date of pregnancy coincide with our traveling plan.

The attending consultant has certified she is unfit for travel.

Tokio Marine Insurance Singapore replied that
Section 16 (trip cancellation) “Pregnancy is not listed as one of the conditions". Tokio Marine Manager, Underwriting - Personal Lines (A&H) & Customer Service Centre replied "The above clauses are all stipulated in the policy terms and conditions (policy wordings) and Pregnancy is excluded for all sections of the policy except for Benefit 6 – Medical Expenses – Pregnancy Related Expenses." Citing Pregnancy not listed as one of the conditions" for trip cancellation.

Misrepresention??? I was only given a pdf copy of the policy schedule. No hard copy on the policy terms was given! I have been renewing the annal travel insurance.
Fine print: You may request for a hardcopy if you need.

You will be surprise the "hidden clauses" when you file the claims.

This is not a pre-exisiting condition of illness/pregnancy! It did not specifically state Pregnancy cannot claim.

I will definitely not renew or purchase any other insurance policies with
Tokio Marine and Singcapital.

After this bad experience, I think there is no need to purchase travel insurance. Just buy flexible air tickets(can reschedule date) and paid a little extra for free cancellation(hotel). You can charge the full cost of your tickets or travel package to the credit card that provide free insurance. It should include Travel Accident, Overseas Emergency Medical and Assistance travel expenses.

Note: Make sure you have sufficient term policy and hospitalisation plan.

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: good, travel, insurance and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users