• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
170 replies to this topic | 336 praises

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

Jubilong
  • Premium member
    Jubilong
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

I would like to confirm for private apartment under $2mil the agent commission from seller is 1.5% ? There are so many agents so how do you choose the most suitable to market?

Edited by Jubilong, 08 October 2009 - 08:48 PM.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

I would like to confirm for private apartment under $2mil the agent commission from seller is 1.5% ? There are so many agents so how do you choose the most suitable to market?

Football agent or property agent? dry.gif

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

Blackforte
  • Blackforte
    4th Gear
    Author Image

secret agent

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

Karchooi
  • Karchooi
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

Why let them earn. Those jokers are not educated.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:19 PM

Jtmk
  • Jtmk
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Can we really buy & sell without going thru agent?
Anyone can share their experience?

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

Karchooi
  • Karchooi
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Can we really buy & sell without going thru agent?
Anyone can share their experience?

Of course...

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:34 PM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear
    Author Image

what an uneducated comment. thumbsdown.gif

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:43 PM

Karchooi
  • Karchooi
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

what an uneducated comment. thumbsdown.gif

I look down on those jokers.
They better get a proper job.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:49 PM

Leslielai
  • Premium member
    Leslielai
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Right. What's your highest qualification?

You'll be surprised at how many agents hold degrees and even post graduate degrees. rolleyes.gif

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:50 PM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Another uneducated comment.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

Zniper
  • Premium member
    Zniper
    6th Gear
    Author Image

You'll be surprised at how many agents hold degrees and even post graduate degrees. rolleyes.gif

maybe tat bro is a pHd or full professor u are toking about... rolleyes.gif
next einstein...
failing to plan is planning to fail...
should i or should i not.......?

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

Xspace
  • Xspace
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What's wrong with being a property agent? Weird leh...
Please follow the signature guidelines.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

2bfree
  • 2bfree
    4th Gear
    Author Image

FYI, I jus joined ERA.....I got a proper job, i m an interior designer. I wish to sell my HDB flat so out of curiousity, i paid $700 to join ERA. After 2 classes, i enroled for the CES. Yes, there are alot of jokers in the local property sector cos alot of them are part-time like me. Maybe I will become one to. Hahaha. Maybe u are like me, had some bad experiences with property agents, thats why I join to sell my flat myself. Bt after knowin a few agents there who are doin veri well, I realised dat they are really professional & with veri strong ethics. They even advised me hw to market my HDB flat n oso remind me to tell my buyers dat I m an ERA agent selling my own HDB flat n nt claim commission frm my buyers etc. I finally realised dat the comm we pay to them is for the advertising, the hassel of answerin numerous phone calls, n oso fight for the best sellin price etc. There are always bad sheeps in every industry. Same goes for mine. N the comm we pay our agents r quite low in fact, I found out in Aussie land or USA etc, its 4-5%.

For ppl who invest or bought properties in Aus or States, u wld knw hw much the same property here n there cost. Imagine its 4-5% there.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

YellowFlash
  • YellowFlash
    6th Gear
    Author Image

hes a "elite" with "elitist" mindset...just look at the thread on "can you come my house wash car"....anyway this member just joined ytd...probably a clone, computer clone, split personality?...do not need to take his words seriously i guess..

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:20 PM

Blackforte
  • Blackforte
    4th Gear
    Author Image

hes a "elite" with "elitist" mindset...just look at the thread on "can you come my house wash car"....anyway this member just joined ytd...probably a clone, computer clone, split personality?...do not need to take his words seriously i guess..

GIVE HIM A YELLOW CARD!!

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:22 PM

Xspace
  • Xspace
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Actually I also tot of being an agent... Keke...
Please follow the signature guidelines.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:24 PM

Karchooi
  • Karchooi
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Almost 99% agents I know got retrenched or cant find a REAL job

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:26 PM

2bfree
  • 2bfree
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

Back to TS question. Hw do u chose? See who can give u a beta presentation, understandin of the neighbourhood past transactions, hw often do they come over to ur neighbourhood for rounds etc. That was wat I was tought by my seniors. As a broker/agent, we are here to help u fight for the best price from the buyer, of which we hav to spend some time to educate/justify on the amount of which they are gona pay. We need to be very familiar with the area transactions, price patterns etc in order to convince the buyer......Bt before dat we oso need to educate the seller too on wat is the most reasonable amount after valuation takin into consideration the time frame. If u need to sell the property fast, the price cant be high, the comm for the broker maybe will hav to be 1.5-2% which is the standard one cos the agent need to advertise it intensely. Pls understand that the advertising cost is frm the agent upfrnt before u pay any comm. Wat if the property takes a long time to sell? The cost will be bigger. Its an investment risk for agents/brokers sellin the property before any comm, of which we hav to take.

PS: If u not in a hurry to sell, then can neg to 1%. Bt nt much advertising will be done cos most agents will want to cut cost or not risk it.
I do hav a few customer who are not in a hurry to sell so they wait for me to find a potential buyer for them. Thus a lower comm.

Edited by 2bfree, 08 October 2009 - 10:28 PM.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:27 PM

Kelvinlev
  • Kelvinlev
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

bro, think something wrong with him.................got " look down" lah..........got jokers lah...................
Such childish and senseless remarks coming out..........well, think we better don't take some others words so
seriously, its a proper job and i also know that it is not easy to become an agent.....need to sacrifice quite a fair bit.

Edited by Kelvinlev, 08 October 2009 - 10:28 PM.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:30 PM

Jensen
  • Jensen
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Fren. Cool it lah. Even fellow forumers feel your behaviour is no better than that so-called uneducated agent of yours. Even if the SG public have had bad experiences with property agents, let our law handle it. See no point in stereotyping and bad mouthing agents in general. You can find black sheep in every trade.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users