Agent is sister in law

:XD:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Last time I buay song pay commmission

But now i pay 2% i happy because

Agent is sister in law

:XD:

Uh... what so happy about that? Got rebate back to you?

Frankly, I would prefer working with people I don't know. Easier to be tough on them and fire them if necessary.

Relatives.... later fight and spoil relationship.

• Praise 4

I have used agent twice in selling.

Paid 0.5% (random) and 1% (to relative)

Anything more is a pure rip off in my absolute most honest opinion.

The market today is more efficient than ever and social media is more available than ever before.

We have greater reach at lower prices than ever.

I am not saying that it is easy to sell.

It isnt, to find that match in todays market.

But thats why its 1%, otherwise it should be less.

• Praise 2

Pty agent bashing thread, nothing better to do, give up  :we-all-gonna-die:

Sillyporean brain like " pea in a pot ", only want to earn $$$, to pay for $3-5Million pty, only KPKU, what is 1-2% comms to the agent who closes it, most time is it external cobroke deal.

• Praise 3
  • Dislike 1

Pty agent bashing thread, nothing better to do, give up  :we-all-gonna-die:

Sillyporean brain like " pea in a pot ", only want to earn $$$, to pay for $3-5Million pty, only KPKU, what is 1-2% comms to the agent who closes it, most time is it external cobroke deal.

ai pi ai chi ai tua liap ni  [:p]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

The market today is more efficient than ever and social media is more available than ever before.

I personally find 2% a rip-off, maybe 1% is still high, but can still stomach. If the agent representing the seller needs to cobroke to close the deal, he/she isn't really doing much other than just throwing ads out for a cobroke agent to respond and bite, hence not deserving of the lion's share of the commission. I also find private property deals handled by lawyers more straightforward compared to hdb transactions where agents have to appear at first appointment and completion and have to submit the cumbersome checklists etc. 

As for car broker, they have a reason to buying in cheap as there is a risk. What if they cant sell off .Everyday is a depreciation to bear.However for an agent , they only need to pay for advertisments fees.All they have to do is to manage the adv fees , if they cant sell the house there is not much lost comapre to a car broker.If the agent is good,he wont even ask for more comms unless he help to sell higher or buyer lower for you.Do becareful when the agent do staging.Let me give you an example, lets say you are selling. You said you wish to sell $350k.The agent starts to tell you that your property can only sell at $320k.So you take his words.THen comes the buyer. He told the buyer you unit can sell at $370k.In this case the buyer likes your property, he tell the agent he wish to offer $370k or slightly lower.The agent knows that he already can closee the deal.Now is how much he can make from the comms. He turns to the buyer and tell him if he can help the buyer to save money if he is able to persuade the seller to sell at $350k .Of cos the buyer will be very happy right. So in this way the agent can also ask for extra comms.Sounds good to pay a few K in comms to save 20k right. Then the agent goes to the seller. He told the seller that , the buyer is only willing to offer $310k.Usually the seller will not accept the offer.then the agent will then say what if he can persaude the buyer to offer more will he pay more comms. An experienced agent will stage it slowly to prevent loopholes and make it more convincing.Hope you will find it useful.

However, do take note not all agents use that to make extra comms.After all during negotiation, staging is very important.It is how the agent does it.Is he doing for his own interests or he is doing for his clients interests?? ONLY he knows! drivingcar.gif

There are seriously too few honest agents around helping to change the view of people think about this profession. Some agents claimed it for survival so they have no other choice, so it seem correct for them to use such dishonest method. To join this business is already a choice they made, hope they realise they decided to stay on. They should consider leaving this profession and switch to a job (real skill and knowledge based which will contribute more to the economy) if they are serious care about better name and dignity working.

There are seriously too few honest agents around helping to change the view of people think about this profession. Some agents claimed it for survival so they have no other choice, so it seem correct for them to use such dishonest method. To join this business is already a choice they made, hope they realise they decided to stay on. They should consider leaving this profession and switch to a job (real skill and knowledge based which will contribute more to the economy) if they are serious care about better name and dignity working.

These days, honesty doesn't exist anymore. Just look at how self employed file their tax returns and you will know. How many will fully declare their real income? I can safely say less than 1%.

These days, honesty doesn't exist anymore. Just look at how self employed file their tax returns and you will know. How many will fully declare their real income? I can safely say less than 1%.

It is a choice which they decided, risk and consequences, KP whistle blower, competitors slaughtering each other, dog eat dog. In property, they must accept "If you can't stand the heatget out of the kitchen" nothing glamorous at the kitchen in fact, but only a few lucky top ones can shake leg everyday yet receive big bucks.

Edited by Odyssey2011

It is a choice which they decided, risk and consequences, KP whistle blower, competitors slaughtering each other. In property, they must accept "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" nothing glamorous at the kitchen.

In buyer's market where the number of sellers far outweigh buyers, agents will be very yaya papaya towards sellers.

nowadays alot of online matching website ... those help I dont know but I know agents sure kpkb  :D

• Praise 5

nowadays alot of online matching website ... those help I dont know but I know agents sure kpkb :D

Do these sites work? I tried carousell n gumtree but end up agents calling me. Think buyers too daft to search anything else other than ptyguru... lol Edited by LPPL
  • Praise 1

Do these sites work? I tried carousell n gumtree but end up agents calling me. Think buyers too daft to search anything else other than ptyguru... lol

What you looking to sell?

Share share lah

Do these sites work? I tried carousell n gumtree but end up agents calling me. Think buyers too daft to search anything else other than ptyguru... lol

I managed to rent out a studio in woodlands with those 2 platforms you mentioned (together with some others).

Yes, plenty of agents called and I entertained them too but in the end, I managed to find a tenant on my own. Can't be that woodlands tenants are more sophisticated than whichever group you are looking at right? 

• Praise 2

I managed to rent out a studio in woodlands with those 2 platforms you mentioned (together with some others).

Yes, plenty of agents called and I entertained them too but in the end, I managed to find a tenant on my own. Can't be that woodlands tenants are more sophisticated than whichever group you are looking at right?

I tried with hdb rental before and I did get response, but for condo sales and rental only agents call me asking to advertise my unit. After selling my condo, will stick to hdb, private pty in Singapore very hard to offload. My hdb was sold in less than 2 weeks. Edited by LPPL

I tried with hdb rental before and I did get response, but for condo sales and rental only agents call me asking to advertise my unit. After selling my condo, will stick to hdb, private pty in Singapore very hard to offload. My hdb was sold in less than 2 weeks.

So it isn't about the sophistication levels of the potential buyers/tenants....

More like they are extremely willing to go thru agents cuz they don't mind the $.

I tried with hdb rental before and I did get response, but for condo sales and rental only agents call me asking to advertise my unit. After selling my condo, will stick to hdb, private pty in Singapore very hard to offload. My hdb was sold in less than 2 weeks.

Adding on... now you know why agents demand that 2% lor.

Im very happy to pay more if my agent can close at my price i want Muahahah!

Why come here and bash pty agent, insurance agent or what ever agent thy may be . . . time to check mate oneself

↡ Advertisement