Property Agent Commission

Jubilong

If you dont understand or cannot comprehend, please dont reply.

Or you end up contradicting yourself

It really makes you look damn bloody stupid.

Dont , please, for your own sake.

ð

Aiyoh.

No need to take up course and be agent also can do that. ð¤£

What about posting ad in propertyguru?

And also can earn cobroke fee right when u buy another property lol

↡ Advertisement

Whether Oahu or New York, it is the same 6% comm!

And you think NY property cheaper than Singapore?

Hahaha.....I think you don't know how propertyguru and SRX make money out of agents!

It is never a fix cost! You think Propertyguru stupid is it? The more the agent list, the more they repost for you (so that your house is on the top page), the more they pay by burning up their credits!! I think those "feature agents" in PG paid about 4 figure every month! Internet advertising is more expensive than papers, otherwise how do you think Facebook earn their billions?

I got to get my agent friends come in to laugh at this thread sia..... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

You saying ptyguru more expensive than newspaper advertising? You know what you are talking? Straits Times charges $30+ for just 4 lines and that is for one day of advertising. You telling forumers here that propertyguru charges by the day more than $30 per ad? Don't make our toes laugh please. Edited by LPPL
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

You saying ptyguru more expensive than newspaper advertising? You know what you are talking? Straits Times charges $30+ for just 4 lines and that is for one day of advertising. You telling forumers here that propertyguru charges by the day more than $30 per ad? Don't make our toes laugh please.

LOL!. Before your toes start to blister from laughing, please go call PG and ask them how much is their feature agent ad cost per month. Then compare to your $30 per day papers  [laugh]  [laugh]

If really cheaper, then i go [rifle]  my agent friends

Edited by Starry

LOL!. Before your toes start to blister from laughing, please go call PG and ask them how much is their feature agent ad cost per month. Then compare to your $30 per day papers [laugh][laugh]

If really cheaper, then i go [rifle] my agent friends

Two of you won't be able to compare apples to apples la.

By the way, which demographic still checks ST for rental or purchasing of housing? I can only think of property agent and fresh of the boat foreigners.

Turbocharged

By the way, which demographic still checks ST for rental or purchasing of housing? I can only think of property agent and fresh of the boat foreigners.

nowadays i believe most people will go online to search for housings rather than newspaper. If advertise just purely on newspaper likely won't get any viewer.

How come still have so many adverts in papers?

Good question. That's why I asked what kind of demographics still uses papers.

If really want to scrutinize, property agents aren't the only one asking for top dollars....why do parents pay so much to tuition centers, pay so much to eat out, pay lawyers to write a simple letter, see a doctor to get the same paracetamol one can get off the shelves, spend hundreds to have their hair colored, trim their nails, pay the plumber, pay the electrician, pay IT expert to format your hard disk, recover your files, etc. All that are stated can also do it yourself.....why need to pay money? Ultimately, it's just one's profession lah. No need to hamtam one's trade. If cannot accept the cost, just DIY or go for cheaper alternatives lor. I see many still go to HC to get the cheap thrill. You can even stitch yourself up like him. Who needs a surgeon?

• Praise 3

LOL!. Before your toes start to blister from laughing, please go call PG and ask them how much is their feature agent ad cost per month. Then compare to your $30 per day papers [laugh][laugh]

If really cheaper, then i go [rifle] my agent friends

Stop embarrassing yourself, what a joke. You go check with ST how much it cost to have an ad with pictures everyday for a month in the classified first. If you want to compare using the same advertising content fairly, however many words and pictures you use in PG for property description, use that same number of words and pictures in ST for fair comparison. After the comparison then come back and tell us which is more expensive.

If really want to scrutinize, property agents aren't the only one asking for top dollars....why do parents pay so much to tuition centers, pay so much to eat out, pay lawyers to write a simple letter, see a doctor to get the same paracetamol one can get off the shelves, spend hundreds to have their hair colored, trim their nails, pay the plumber, pay the electrician, pay IT expert to format your hard disk, recover your files, etc. All that are stated can also do it yourself.....why need to pay money? Ultimately, it's just one's profession lah. No need to hamtam one's trade. If cannot accept the cost, just DIY or go for cheaper alternatives lor. I see many still go to HC to get the cheap thrill. You can even stitch yourself up like him. Who needs a surgeon?

its all about ''perceived'' value adding... afterall.. we are paying for a service...  

That joker is wrongly claiming ST advertising is cheaper than propertyguru.

Who is whining? You? I started by saying that in this market, I am surprised agents would despise a $15k com for mass market condo. If you think that is peanuts, that is you, but I believe many would agree that selling a condo costing less than a million, $15k is more than reasonable compensation. Of course we can diy anytime, but the point is not about whether seller can diy, the point of this thread is to discuss about agent commission, not whether people can diy.

ok act i didnt wannna reply u cos u r such a "its my way or the highway" guy but well since its a monday......

for starters nobody even knows wats ur asking price, wats ur unit, how many units in your mass mkt condo etc. u do know sometimes there could b 100plus units on sale and if u asking mkt price, thats gonna b some work to even close your deal right? of cos if ur demands are lower than mkt, surely u have reasonable room to ask for that 0.5% lesser.

jus clarify, im not agent. my wife is not agent. my siblings or their spouses are not agents. [:)]   

• Praise 1

Its incorrect to compare agent's commission in other countries (eg US) vs SG.

Its analogous to comparing pay of any other profession in US vs SG, say doctors or construction worker

Different costs of living, different interest rates, different tax rate etc, 

You think he does not know? 

Some people will conveniently ignore the obvious just to fit their narrative.. 

Hi,

I would like to confirm for private apartment under $2mil the agent commission from seller is 1.5% ? There are so many agents so how do you choose the most suitable to market?

really 1.5%?

i bought my hdb from a seller agent that she charges 0.5% on the seller.

so i thought the normal should be  0.5% or 1%

i told my father in law he is making a mistake by giving his property agent friend 1.5%.

so market rate is really 1.5% ah? but really 1.5% is really high leh

Edited by archcherub

ok act i didnt wannna reply u cos u r such a "its my way or the highway" guy but well since its a monday......

for starters nobody even knows wats ur asking price, wats ur unit, how many units in your mass mkt condo etc. u do know sometimes there could b 100plus units on sale and if u asking mkt price, thats gonna b some work to even close your deal right? of cos if ur demands are lower than mkt, surely u have reasonable room to ask for that 0.5% lesser.

jus clarify, im not agent. my wife is not agent. my siblings or their spouses are not agents. [:)]

I don't suppose you know how property agents work, since it is a Monday, I will just entertain you. Let me ask you a question, when agents advertise one unit for sale in ptyguru, srx etc, do you seriously think they are doing all the work for just that one unit? When a buyer responds to the ad, do you think the agent is just going to show the buyer one unit and tell him to go home after that? You heard of the term "swinging buyers"? An agent would probably sacrifice all that time and effort selling one GCB for that 1%, but face it, most agents out there are just throwing ads out waiting for buyers, sellers and other potential clients to bite. Road shows are usually not carried out for one unit but for multiple units and to also find clients whom they can serve for buying or selling, so please spare us the torture by telling us that agents are doing all that work for one seller. It is the same with flyer advertising which agents term are "farming" and "canvassing", with their advertised units placed on the flyer as a means to increase their clientele base, not just selling units on the flyer. It is not a one sided relationship, as much as sellers are using agents, agents are also making use of each seller's property to further their business by getting more clients. If agents have no property to list, they have no business. Edited by LPPL
  • Praise 1

Sinkies very one of a kind! Can pay their garment in millions but can't pay other tradesman what they are suppose to get! [thumbsdown]

Well, if u think u could handle what a property agent could do, by all means DIY! NO need to kpkb!

• Praise 4

Sinkies very one of a kind! Can pay their garment in millions but can't pay other tradesman what they are suppose to get! [thumbsdown]

Well, if u think u could handle what a property agent could do, by all means DIY! NO need to kpkb!

Lol.. your eg not very apt ley....  we cant control that pay can we?  [:p]

but totally agree... why waste time kpkb... not happy.. ownself do lor...  :D

Your statement is flawed. Firstly, we pay government millions not because we want to, but because we are forced. Secondly, what a tradesman is supposed to get is for the market to decide, not what they say they should have. Industry practice for a lot of agents now is collecting less than 2% commission, and commission payable to agents is subject to negotiation, no such thing as "suppose to get" as you claim. One more thing, people can come to the forum to discuss and share, don't accuse people of kpkb just because you buay song about what others say. You heard of the term agree to disagree? Edited by LPPL
↡ Advertisement