Car inspection Question

Macrosszero

I am going for routine inspection.

Suppose I have a non-LTA approved modification in my car, and it is spotted during the inspection. Will the inspection issue me a fine on the spot, or tell me to go and rectify it? I know that for items such as tinted glass, the car will fail the inspection and get told to rectify it. I don't think they get fined.

I'm deciding whether or not to return my car to stock to pass inspection.

↡ Advertisement

No fine if get inspected at inspection station for your routine inspection but will get fine by TP/LTA if bring by them to inspection centre.

I see. What if during the normal inspection halfway, then one lta bike appear and see ur ride with illegal mod leh? i noe LTA 22 U always like to appear at thompson inspection centre de :)

Neutral Newbie

Buying a 2nd hand car and requesting the dealer to sent to do a inpsection by (STA or Vicom)

Like to check if who would be a better choice? STA or Vicom??

During to"shopping" period, saw lot of dealer gng for STA.. not a lot for Vicom?? any insider note on that??

STA obviously, vicom is basically all "ah bang" business

you want even more stringent, AAS, but only for AAS member or you find someone who is AAS member

i sent a fren's choice car for AAS before and picked out a few flaws with the STA "A" grade car

By law you have to present yr cars for inspection when you rec the inspection notification letter.If you fail to do so , you will not be able to renew yr road tax.

PS In some of the nearby countries, you just go for " under the table inspection" and complete the process by greasing the inspector's hands.

Edited by Yeobh

Neutral Newbie

I am going for routine inspection.

Suppose I have a non-LTA approved modification in my car, and it is spotted during the inspection. Will the inspection issue me a fine on the spot, or tell me to go and rectify it? I know that for items such as tinted glass, the car will fail the inspection and get told to rectify it. I don't think they get fined.

I'm deciding whether or not to return my car to stock to pass inspection.

they will not fine you, they just ask you . pls come again! after you restor back to stock thinngg!

But you got to waste your trips down to STA or Vicom, and they charge you two times fee for inspection lol\

i just passed my inspection today, as i have modify quite lots of stuff in my ride, lucky lucky

they will not fine you, they just ask you . pls come again! after you restor back to stock thinngg!

But you got to waste your trips down to STA or Vicom, and they charge you two times fee for inspection lol\

i just passed my inspection today, as i have modify quite lots of stuff in my ride, lucky lucky

HIDs can pass ?

i also thinking midpipe whether can pass, but that one like no chance...

Authorised LTA Car inspection centre at Bukit Batok use to belongs to AAS and since then have sold to Vicom. The AAS centres are just Car evaluation cntres and merely carrying out road worthiness test for customers. They do not have the fully computrised car inspection test lanes that is mandatory require in all LTA approved inspection centres.

So far only two companies in Singapore are operating the approved centres - they are STA and Vicom

Authorised LTA Car inspection centre at Bukit Batok use to belongs to AAS and since then have sold to Vicom. The AAS centres are just Car evaluation cntres and merely carrying out road worthiness test for customers. They do not have the fully computrised car inspection test lanes that is mandatory require in all LTA approved inspection centres.

So far only two companies in Singapore are operating the approved centres - they are STA and Vicom

u think those AAS/STA/VICOM dont want do business meh?

if everytime fail ppl, who still want to go to that inspection center.

Stay away from Vicom @ Kaki Bukit. I overheard a guy with a burnt light bulb, they make him come back and re-inspect! They just want more $$$.

↡ Advertisement