Suzuki SX4 or Subaru Impreza?

Bfg22

Neutral Newbie

Hello Guys,

Just looking for some suggestions here on the new Suzuki SX4 or Impreza Sedan... I guess both are them are pretty similar in how unpopular they are with the Singapore market. But I'm not too keen on the Latio or Altis.

Anyway, I'm looking to drive this car for at least 5 years so reliability will be key too.

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

for SX4, think the FL sedan is here.. Hatch's FC wise quite decent.. about 12.6 with 50% City driving ...

hatch version boot pretty small... not much space left if u intend to add woofer and amps..

Sedan has a very big boot...

Edited by Budgetice

Hello Guys,

Just looking for some suggestions here on the new Suzuki SX4 or Impreza Sedan... I guess both are them are pretty similar in how unpopular they are with the Singapore market. But I'm not too keen on the Latio or Altis.

Anyway, I'm looking to drive this car for at least 5 years so reliability will be key too.

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

For subaru, I believe you are looking for the 1.5 since you r looking at 1.6 SX4.

The hatch subaru has a very small boot space. It is a driver's car only for 2.0 and above. I have tested it before. The 1.5 is quite under powered as it has AWD. Maybe you may consider the manual version. Sedan may suit a fmaily man instead. Get 2.0 please.

SX4 Sedan / hatch, both wins the subaru impreza over the looks department. It doesn't have AWD and thus, pick up will be faster. It has 4 disc brakes now and 17 inch alloys as standard. The interior is quite upmarket too. The boot for the sedan is extremely huge.

Both brands are reliable bro... Parts for suzuki r more readily available from stockist than the NA subaru.

Suggest you go for test drive on both brands to let your heart decide.

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, I'm still undecided over the SX 4 hatch or Sedan...

Same with Impreza hatch or Sedan...

But I"ll probably get the sedan since it has more space to put my golf bags...

Thanks!

Neutral Newbie

I already tested the Impreza... Actually I thought the 1.5 was okay.. But probably because I didn't really rev much.

Probably going to test drive the SX4 today. But heard Champion Motors sales people are quite bochup kind? And they take very long to bid for your COE so...

Anyway, I'll follow my heart since I think it's important to look forward to driving the car you chose every morning instead of following mainstream opinions.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks. Kia Forte is a good spec car and I did go test drive but according to the salesperson, need to wait until Dec, don't wanna wait too long. And the Kia sales person that served me was really... [thumbsdown] So no plans to consider Kia at the moment.

If you are keen to test drive the SX 4, I can recommend my SE - she was nice enuff that eventually i was convinced to get my Swift from her.

Just my 2 pence worth - between the 2 cars, SX4 wins almost hands down:

(a) accleration - SX4

(b) FC - SX4 should win

© boot / cabin space - SX 4

The only things that i will not say be the looks and handling - the latter, 4WD handles mostly better than FWD. & SX 4 sits higher than Impreza too, so likely more body roll in SX 4.

The FL SX 4 sedan is def value for money - love the new cluster meter! [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

yeah sure if you can PM me her name that would be great. I'll probably head down to their Pandan location this afternoon.

How about freebies/discounts? Do they throw in any?

Thanks!

yeah sure if you can PM me her name that would be great. I'll probably head down to their Pandan location this afternoon.

How about freebies/discounts? Do they throw in any?

Thanks!

Look for sn SE called Calvin Aw. Not too bad. Obliging to the nines!

how about another options beside this 2 models,

can consider FORD FOCUS one of the best handling in its class,

or CHEVROLET CRUZE on of the best built korean cars with similarities to continentel cars.

For subaru, I believe you are looking for the 1.5 since you r looking at 1.6 SX4.

The hatch subaru has a very small boot space. It is a driver's car only for 2.0 and above. I have tested it before. The 1.5 is quite under powered as it has AWD. Maybe you may consider the manual version. Sedan may suit a fmaily man instead. Get 2.0 please.

SX4 Sedan / hatch, both wins the subaru impreza over the looks department. It doesn't have AWD and thus, pick up will be faster. It has 4 disc brakes now and 17 inch alloys as standard. The interior is quite upmarket too. The boot for the sedan is extremely huge.

Both brands are reliable bro... Parts for suzuki r more readily available from stockist than the NA subaru.

Suggest you go for test drive on both brands to let your heart decide.

Have to agree that if you are looking at a 1.5/1.6L family hatch/sedan, there are better options than the impreza. I can't really see anything going for the 1.5l version since it's down on space as well as power when compared to other makes in the same price bracket. The only versions worth getting are the 2L or the WRX. AWD on the 1.5 only serves to increase FC with the weight penalyt as there isn't enough power to exploit the extra grip provided by the AWD gear.

I have tested all versions before and own a wrx so just my 2 cents worth.

personally... looks come first to me followed by safety and handling... power then priced...

The SX4 would have win hands down in all department except maybe for the All Wheel Drive part...

besides i think the renewal of insurance for SX4 is much lower than the Subaru.. which is spiralling out of control in the last 3 years...

besides.. the subaru gear box is still the old 4 speed gear box if i'm not wrong...

Neutral Newbie

I am looking at SX4. Sales guy was terrible. So then went to Turf City to look at parallel imports - but no SX4. Is that because they are unpopular? There was an impreza. Btw I am new to the forum - how do you start a new topic 'coz do want to find out the diff between PI and AD.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for your advice. In the end I went with my mind and got the SX4 instead. [flowerface]

My heart would have gone for the Impreza though... [lipsrsealed]

sx4 is better looking

too bad, the sx4 came out 1 month later after i got my mazda, else i will have this car instead.

Subaru TS 1.5R, if u are looking for bootspace, get the sedan model, dont get the hatch

but be prepared for the heavy weighted feeling and really slow acceleration..

i will really mean, really slow acceleration....

under powered, overweight

but sound insulation is good, plus stability is there at high speed...

Edited by Byond