Pastry Shop threaten to sue blogger over comments

Ahtong

I passed by the place a couple of times when I am back.

Thought of trying but now, after their kind of reaction, I think I will pass. [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement

they are such bullies.

trying to intimidate her.

assh0les.

the blogger seems like a nice person.

even telling her readers not to give up on obbla [or whatever] because of her letter.

she only said she finds the pastries too sweet and stuff like that.

instead of wasting time, i think they should improve on their recipes instead.

blogger's comments look fair to me ... dunno why pastry shop so sensitive ...

thats what i thought too...so much for constructive criticism...

Pastry shop owner is more clever than we think. She is getting all the free publicity now. Everyone of us would like to try the pastry to taste for ourselves how lousy they really are. She will then give us a big surprise by serving fantastic pastry to prove blogger is wrong.

Edited by Asdfghjkl

Pastry shop owner is more clever than we think. She is getting all the free publicity now. Everyone of us would like to try the pastry to taste for ourselves how lousy they really are. She will then give us a big surprise by serving fantastic pastry to prove blogger is wrong.

Could have reverse effect. End up some boycott the shop.

the way the blogger write, IMHO The pastry shop (obolo ?) has no right to sue.

The blog is written without any overt intention to slander.

the shop seriously made the wrong move

First they don't know what is PR

2nd, they didn't established the fact if they have a case to sue b4 asking for a take down.

3rd they underestimate the influence of the internet media. which is now spreading their folly in handling blogger.

Why not go to http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/obolo/

and get a court order to reveal who are the people who voted anything less than favourable and sue them.

Also, they might just pissed off people (who have never eaten there b4) enough to register and vote unfavouritely against them. not that i suggest anyone should.

it's good to have critisizations when doing bussiness . this critisization can help you to improve more on sth and take a step ahead . why this shop sooo sensitive ?

Neutral Newbie

ignorant arrogant shop owners.dun see anything the blogger wrote to warrant a legal letter.no malice on her part,purely personal comments,& she even mentioned some positive remarks.

Neutral Newbie

just boycott lah.. think they can bully people ..

1st no one believes they consult laywer cause i think laywer will laugh till get heart attack if can sue other the blogger's opinion over food.

2nd the bosses now keep quiet , dare not even comment anywhere - think they scared already- hide in their hole.

3rd Everyone should boycott and let them close shop- can always find a better shop in singapore - not like they are serving something unique.

4th they are both architectural graduates - read their website - graduates think they so smart? No one teach them about survival skill? how to do business? - maybe architect only know how to draw and design..

Edited by Sting

Latest twist in the tale is that Obolo boss have also criticized other outlets like NYDC and Coffee Bean before.

Link

Competitor criticize competitor = OK

Customer criticize = Cannot

↡ Advertisement