• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:08 AM

Zenithpool
  • Premium member
    Zenithpool
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone heard of this workshop or had been to this workshop before? Its located behind Tampines SAFRA.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:33 AM

Mr_biscuit
  • Premium member
    Mr_biscuit
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Yup,been there to service my ride back in 2003 when I 1st owned a car.
Nothing to shout about for this workshop, prices isn't exactly cheap as stated in their advertising leaflets.
The Chief mechanic always wear a white Coverall, long hair.

If u looking for a better workshop in this area, I would rather u go to Chip Soon located just behind this workshop for your car's servicing.
The mechanics there are more proficient in their jobs.
http://www.chipsoonauto.com.sg/

Cheers

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:52 AM

Nitro
  • Nitro
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

The "Super Cheap" servicing shop ah? lipsrsealed.gif

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Tried their service a few time in the 90's...ok for normal servicing...but they will almost always tell you parts that need to be replaced.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Tried their service a few time in the 90's...ok for normal servicing...but they will almost always tell you parts that need to be replaced.

Exactly. I had the same experience as well

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:38 PM

Zenithpool
  • Premium member
    Zenithpool
    4th Gear
    Author Image

errr... then I willn't bother to go down liao. cause saw they ad, oil + filter $58, plus plug $69, plus check here check there $99. was thinking of trying actually.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:04 PM

Darkblue
  • Darkblue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

MT ? Super-HARD sell tactics... while waiting for your car to be service, the experience is painful and stressful

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:18 PM

Zenithpool
  • Premium member
    Zenithpool
    4th Gear
    Author Image

MT ? Super-HARD sell tactics... while waiting for your car to be service, the experience is painful and stressful

got it! idea.gif

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yup...I think most will agree. I reckon they have to make the money somewhere.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:38 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Exactly. I had the same experience as well

Guess there is always a catch.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i serviced my car a few times there back in 04 & 05. was charged $48 for a so call fully syn oil change with oil filter replaced. they claimed that they were using elf 10W40 oil if i remember correctly. those barrel oil, not those retail bottle... performance wise? so so only... lucky enof never kena any hard sales tactics b4..

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:50 PM

Robo
  • Premium member
    Robo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i never try that area before athou i stay very near there but if wanna try i rather go erev
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Albert Schweitzer

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:52 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

If the shops have the sales volume , it's wise and economical to buy direct from oil companies /agents in 200 litre drums. Disposing those plastic bottles and oil containers and oil filters is a messy job.
Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:04 PM

Robo
  • Premium member
    Robo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If the shops have the sales volume , it's wise and economical to buy direct from oil companies /agents in 200 litre drums. Disposing those plastic bottles and oil containers and oil filters is a messy job.

i have this believe

plastic bottles harder to tamper with.

drums inside they mix with old oil u also dunno....
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Albert Schweitzer

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:46 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Oil companies are very strict on such matter. Off course there are few black sheeps in each and every profession. The final guide line to visit or not to visit depends very much on the owner/shop reputation and the type of price and service expected by the car owners. There are many workshops that have questionable reputations but they are still in business for the last few decades.How come they can survive, very simple reason because there are still many car owners who only want cheap services - the word quality service is not in their dictionary.

Edited by Yeobh, 15 October 2009 - 07:22 PM.

Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

Gabriel
  • Premium member
    Gabriel
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

dont realli like their service..
wonder if they noe wad is customer service or not

feels like entering those shops that will carrot u

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Be very cautious of shops that sweet talk and carry yr marbles.Once the deal is on they will drop them like hot potatoes.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:24 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i have this believe

plastic bottles harder to tamper with.

drums inside they mix with old oil u also dunno....

Agree. Honestly, no one know what kind of engine oil is in the drum. I went there cos it was cheap and I was doign my NS then. But after 2-3 visits...I decide to save up , buy my own oil + parts and DIY.

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:29 PM

Sammy_koh
  • Sammy_koh
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

tired once. admit its cheap buden the oil they use tink dirt cheap.
its lousy. once engine heats up would start vibrating. bring your own oil they charge 38 wth.
fed up change to redline instant results

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

Amortifiedpenguin
  • Amortifiedpenguin
    5th Gear
    Author Image

errr... then I willn't bother to go down liao. cause saw they ad, oil + filter $58, plus plug $69, plus check here check there $99. was thinking of trying actually.

ok lah, if you know your stuff they wont try to push anything. i recently went there for oil change with plugs and top up coolant. $69 bef gst.
Need cheap cable TV? Need broadband? Need 7pm-10pm job? Find me!

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: Motogard

Tags: Motogard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users