2010 Suzuki Kizashi

Whitecvt

(edited)

Kizashi is a under-rated car and not many people will think about buying one in Singapore.

If you do not mind the brand then it is a very good car to own, I have driven one before and the interior is better than some

Japanese cars.

Power wise, it is subjective and from my experience is I never have to push the pedal hard to accelerate.

A few things you need to take note off:

The Kizashi is available only with the 2.4 litre engine, so the road tax may be heavy on the wallet.

Fuel consumption wise, in heavy traffic the best I can achieve is between 8 to 9 km/l when driving with a light foot.

For cross country runs it can achieve between 12 to 14km/l again driven with a light foot.

Resale wise, you may have some problems because this car is not on everybody's mind when it comes to cars.

Boot space is small if you compare it with the Camry or Accord.

Like other Suzuki models, the seating is high and upright which is good for looking ahead. It was tiring for me initially but after a

few days I got used to it.

As for the CVT transmission, it was this car that proved me wrong.

very tempted. [nosebleed]

Edited by Razer_Blaze
↡ Advertisement

Am also currently driving this car.

Heard that the Kizashi was a flop in the USA, hence I think, Suzuki Singapore will not be indenting much more of this great car.

Too bad cos this car is good value for money....

My only gripe is that its a bit thirsty but hey, there's always Petron and Petronas... lol...

Hope the next sedan by Suzuki will be better.

PS: I kinda like that Suzuki is not a popular make here. Servicing at the AD not so crowded...lol...

Twincharged

I think Champion Motors is doing a lelong on this car. Now listed on sgcarmart at $132900; less than an 1.6L Civic and not much more than an Altis.

Maybe clearing MY2013's stock.

Maybe clearing MY2013's stock.

Kizashi has to price lower than the Mazda 6 else it will be difficult to sell.

Very likely trying to clear stock... I think they only indent a couple of cars at a time anyway as it is hard to move. Most likely they are hoping to concentrate on the Swift and new S-Cross and maybe the Solio IF the COE prices drop.

Twincharged

Kizashi has to price lower than the Mazda 6 else it will be difficult to sell.

Agreed,anyway,it is already a 2010 model...

(edited)

In December 2013, Suzuki announced that Kizashi will be gradually discontinued on global markets, and will not get a successor. Despite good technical record, the car had suffered from poor market record in the context of global financial crisis and Suzuki's withdrawal from American market in 2012. Comparatively high price and lack of available engines also contributed to the poor sale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Kizashi

I think they jinx it by calling it Kizashi which means "something great is coming". Such irony.

Edited by Watwheels

At the time it was launched Suzuki and VW were bed partners.

So it was thought that there was to be a 2L Hybrid 6 speeder as well as a 2.4 Turbo manual. Perhaps even TSI engines and DSG boxes?! Haha not sure if that would have actually been better!

In December 2013, Suzuki announced that Kizashi will be gradually discontinued on global markets, and will not get a successor. Despite good technical record, the car had suffered from poor market record in the context of global financial crisis and Suzuki's withdrawal from American market in 2012. Comparatively high price and lack of available engines also contributed to the poor sale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Kizashi

I think they jinx it by calling it Kizashi which means "something great is coming". Such irony.

Maybe they jinxed it by not checking with China for dialect pronunciations..... KI ZAR Si...

;)

When their partnership was formed in 2009, there were speculation that the Swift Sport will be fitted with TSI engine and DSG transmissions. Who knows that might even be a 1.8 TSI Kizashi and a 1.2 TSI Swift.

Both partners wanted a partnership for mutual gains; Volkswagen wanted more access to the Chinese & Indian car market and small car manufacturing know how while Suzuki wants access to Volkswagen's engine & transmission technology. Things started to turn sour when Suzuki was not allowed to have the TDI engines and so Suzuki continue relying on Fiat for diesel engines. Volkswagen was not happy about Suzuki's business dealing with Fiat and accused Suzuki of breaching their contract.

It got so ugly that both went to court over the issue; Suzuki wanted to buy back the shares it sold to Volkswagen (part of the partnership

is Volkswagen will own 19.9% of Suzuki's shares).

Things got even worse when Suzuki used the GTi branding for their latest Swift Sport model in Europe, Volkswagen sued Suzuki for that.

There are some speculation that Suzuki is developing (on their own) a new range of diesel and super charged gasoline engines which would be introduced from 2016. If that is true, I do hope Suzuki will succeed.

At the time it was launched Suzuki and VW were bed partners.

So it was thought that there was to be a 2L Hybrid 6 speeder as well as a 2.4 Turbo manual. Perhaps even TSI engines and DSG boxes?! Haha not sure if that would have actually been better!

Turbocharged

When their partnership was formed in 2009, there were speculation that the Swift Sport will be fitted with TSI engine and DSG transmissions. Who knows that might even be a 1.8 TSI Kizashi and a 1.2 TSI Swift.

Both partners wanted a partnership for mutual gains; Volkswagen wanted more access to the Chinese & Indian car market and small car manufacturing know how while Suzuki wants access to Volkswagen's engine & transmission technology. Things started to turn sour when Suzuki was not allowed to have the TDI engines and so Suzuki continue relying on Fiat for diesel engines. Volkswagen was not happy about Suzuki's business dealing with Fiat and accused Suzuki of breaching their contract.

It got so ugly that both went to court over the issue; Suzuki wanted to buy back the shares it sold to Volkswagen (part of the partnership

is Volkswagen will own 19.9% of Suzuki's shares).

Things got even worse when Suzuki used the GTi branding for their latest Swift Sport model in Europe, Volkswagen sued Suzuki for that.

There are some speculation that Suzuki is developing (on their own) a new range of diesel and super charged gasoline engines which would be introduced from 2016. If that is true, I do hope Suzuki will succeed.

I remember Suzuki did well with their previous Swift models as well as the current ones. They dont make too many models in their line up, but do well with what they have. Their jeep / suv are not too bad also.

(edited)

Suzuki is one of the more profitable Japanese automaker, their cash cow comes from

selling small cars in India and Africa...

Edited by Notsogoodman

Neutral Newbie

Suppose you are Suzuki fans. Am considering buying a 2nd hand Suzuki vitara mainly to be used for long journey up north. Any pros and cons advice welcome. Thanks.

Can't really comment on this except for the 2.4 Vitara as that shares the same engine as my Kizashi. Motor is quite smooth but a bit noisy.

I believe the 2L model is 2WD only while the big engine ones (like the 2.7 V6) are AWD.

Try asking the guys at the Suzuki club

http://www.suzukiclubsg.com/suzuki-grand-vitara/?PHPSESSID=ddac886012fce9f3a2d64da0589ae425

It's quite dead there though.

Should be a fairly reliable car for M'sia trips. Probably not as targeted by car thieves as a CRV or RAV4 also as the brand is not as popular there.