2010 Suzuki Kizashi

Whitecvt

yo bro, which 19" rims did u get? i saw from researching the web there is a kizashi sport version launched in USA... only exterior changes but has a diff rim from the one locally.

heard the Sport version coming to our shores next year!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Any interested in exchange for new sport rims with new kumho tyres for vitara. I'm selling my car, so I need to exchange with stock rim plus top up.

Very nice and new rims/tyres.

Please PM me.

Hi all,

Just want to revive this thread after test-driving the latest Kizashi K-Sport.

Internally still the same as the first launched, but have more features like Rockford Fosgate 7+1 sound-system, 6 airbags (vs 4 in the old) and 10mm lower for a sportier stance.

It handles very well for a car its size, though it is smaller than most other mid-sized Jap cars like Camry and Legacy.

It's power figure may not be mind-blowing, but displays an eagerness to pick up speed.

The CVT is quite quiet and acceleration is really smooth.

Price wise it suffers the same fate as other Jap cars in the segment, being overpriced as compared to more 'luxurious' conti brand names.

Was looking at Legacy 2.0i prior to this and the Kizashi have the advantage with 400cc more. It also have a better interior in terms of features and touch feel materials. The Legacy 2.5GT will of course eat it for breakfast but it won't be a fair comparison.

So price aside, between a Legacy vs Kizashi K-sport, which would you choose?

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Just want to revive this thread after test-driving the latest Kizashi K-Sport.

Internally still the same as the first launched, but have more features like Rockford Fosgate 7+1 sound-system, 6 airbags (vs 4 in the old) and 10mm lower for a sportier stance.

It handles very well for a car its size, though it is smaller than most other mid-sized Jap cars like Camry and Legacy.

It's power figure may not be mind-blowing, but displays an eagerness to pick up speed.

The CVT is quite quiet and acceleration is really smooth.

Price wise it suffers the same fate as other Jap cars in the segment, being overpriced as compared to more 'luxurious' conti brand names.

Was looking at Legacy 2.0i prior to this and the Kizashi have the advantage with 400cc more. It also have a better interior in terms of features and touch feel materials. The Legacy 2.5GT will of course eat it for breakfast but it won't be a fair comparison.

So price aside, between a Legacy vs Kizashi K-sport, which would you choose?

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks.

I would go with Legacy (if possible GT) as it looks better and bigger than Kizashi. If you do not care for look / size much, Kizashi has more power and features.

Turbocharged

Legacy's maintenance could be higher on wear and tear due to the boxer engine's design limitation. Beside size and looks efficiency would also matter.

I think Kizashi fails to hit the spot yet due to it's relatively new namesake. It's after all, Suzuki's first attempt on a mid-size luxury segment. This is not battle-proven Swift Sport and people are not willing to part so much of their money with unproven luxury car of the brand yet....esp in SG.

Maybe after a generation or two then people might consider. Another thing is the Kizashi is targetting people of that age-group and stature that would consider the brand inaupicous, After all the brand Suzuki literally meaning "Lose everything" in Hokkien/Teochew.

Youngsters dun might and dun care but Youngster buys Suzuki Swifts, Vitrars and SX4s....so it's a bummer for the Kizashi.

Legacy's maintenance could be higher on wear and tear due to the boxer engine's design limitation. Beside size and looks efficiency would also matter.

I think Kizashi fails to hit the spot yet due to it's relatively new namesake. It's after all, Suzuki's first attempt on a mid-size luxury segment. This is not battle-proven Swift Sport and people are not willing to part so much of their money with unproven luxury car of the brand yet....esp in SG.

Maybe after a generation or two then people might consider. Another thing is the Kizashi is targetting people of that age-group and stature that would consider the brand inaupicous, After all the brand Suzuki literally meaning "Lose everything" in Hokkien/Teochew.

Youngsters dun might and dun care but Youngster buys Suzuki Swifts, Vitrars and SX4s....so it's a bummer for the Kizashi.

Now that you mentioned....Kizashi in teochew is very inauspicious....."Go die earlier...." ??

Think you are spot on about the branding. Reliability I think Suzuki as a brand should be ok just that this Kizashi may have teething problems as a first for Suzuki. What I liked about the car was its handling and features which seems a very eager effort by Suzuki to throw everything possible into it.

The Legacy 2.0i on the other hand, though having a slightly better handling seems a bit bare unless getting the GT.

Kizashi's FC and maintenance will likely be better than Legacy's.

Overall I think it is the next best Suzuki after Swift (which I test drove too). The SX4 and Vitaras are all quite noisy when pushed (this I heard from car owners)

I would go with Legacy (if possible GT) as it looks better and bigger than Kizashi. If you do not care for look / size much, Kizashi has more power and features.

Thanks for your advice bro.

I would like the GT for its power too, but think for my needs, the NA one is enough. The GT is nearly 200K before all the discounts which will make me start to think of BMW 320i instead.... [laugh]

Turbocharged

Now that you mentioned....Kizashi in teochew is very inauspicious....."Go die earlier...." ??

Think you are spot on about the branding. Reliability I think Suzuki as a brand should be ok just that this Kizashi may have teething problems as a first for Suzuki. What I liked about the car was its handling and features which seems a very eager effort by Suzuki to throw everything possible into it.

The Legacy 2.0i on the other hand, though having a slightly better handling seems a bit bare unless getting the GT.

Kizashi's FC and maintenance will likely be better than Legacy's.

Overall I think it is the next best Suzuki after Swift (which I test drove too). The SX4 and Vitaras are all quite noisy when pushed (this I heard from car owners)

Actually I think even the word "Shi" can mean "die" in Japanese...lol

And Suzuki (スズキ) actually means "Sea Bass" in Japanese...

You image google スズキ they show more fishes than the cars in the first page...lol

Edited by Pocus

Thanks for your advice bro.

I would like the GT for its power too, but think for my needs, the NA one is enough. The GT is nearly 200K before all the discounts which will make me start to think of BMW 320i instead.... [laugh]

In my personal opinion, you should get some decent Conti spending little more. Conti's are value for money in this high COE environment.

I think you need to decide very soon, otherwise Cat B may go up further this round. all the best.

In my personal opinion, you should get some decent Conti spending little more. Conti's are value for money in this high COE environment.

I think you need to decide very soon, otherwise Cat B may go up further this round. all the best.

Thanks bro. If the C180 had a bigger rear seat space, I would have considered it. I'm also very pro-established brand names of reliability as I hate to have my car sitting in workshops every now and then. Was even thinking of Camry until I saw the fake wood panels.

The new B Class may be another option. I'm usually not a fan of hatchbacks but the initial pics look promising in terms of space. And a plus is it is Cat A. As for A class, the rear will likely to be cramped.

i've my kizzie for quite a while, my only comment so far.. brilliant drive!

the space maybe lacking, the brand may have fallen in the prestige ladder, the name may have warrant some unwanted attention, but the fabulous drive have all make up of it.. 178bhp or over 220Nm torque for expressway cruise and occasional city driving, my kizzie has performed way beyond my expectation.

P_0704.jpg

[;)]

i've my kizzie for quite a while, my only comment so far.. brilliant drive!

the space maybe lacking, the brand may have fallen in the prestige ladder, the name may have warrant some unwanted attention, but the fabulous drive have all make up of it.. 178bhp or over 220Nm torque for expressway cruise and occasional city driving, my kizzie has performed way beyond my expectation.

[;)]

Swee! [thumbsup]

The one I test drove was white too and it was the same one featured in sgcarmart and other car mags which reviewed it.

It got its share of approving looks.

Quite rare on the road. So far only seen a red one.

Turbocharged

Quite rare on the road. So far only seen a red one.

I've seen few so far since it's release. Latest one being a silverish grey...