Terrible accident in Tuas

So_nice

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...us_in_tuas.html

female_driver_dies_after_accident_with_bus_in_tuas-thumbnail.jpg

A Chinese female driver died in a traffic accident involving a bus and a car at the junction of Tuas Link 4 and Tuas West Road early this morning (Oct 18).

SCDF said in a news release:

"At 07.22am, SCDF received a call informing of a road traffic accident involving a bus and a car at the junction of Tuas Link 4 and Tuas West Road.

"Upon receiving the notification, SCDF dispatched one fire engine, one red rhino, one support vehicle and one ambulance immediately to the incident location.

"On arrival, the crew found the female driver of the car trapped in her seat.

"SCDF rescuers extricated the driver using hydraulic spreader and cutter within 15 minutes.

"The driver was pronounced dead at scene by paramedics.

"There was no one else injured in this incident."

↡ Advertisement

That stretch of road have lots of heavy vehicles on high speed as it is very wide like a runway. I used it occassionally but becomes very aware of these big beasts when one nearly slammed into me when trying to overtake me heading towards the 2-lane road leading to AYE. [sweatdrop]

Hope the deceased rest in peace.

Edited by WTF

no idea. not stated in the reports. but looks like the car was making a right turn while the bus going straight.

Yah, I thought so too...

Oni way to accident in such scenario is beating the red lights ba or fall aslp liao...

Once in a while sure have vehicles running red lights at Tuas, esp from night till early morning.. I alway slow down and look left and right whenever driving across the traffic light junction..

Also look out for blanga workers who like to sit in the middle of the road.. [shakehead]

Today, shouldn't have many vehicles at that area right? Really wonder how they could have made this fatal mistake.

Perhaps both drivers were thinking the same that Sunday should see light traffic and let their guards down. [shakehead]

should be an kenari wif tat headlights. kanna smack right at the driver side. looks really jialiat. lots of accident over the weekends. in sembawang alone i saw 2.

The roads ard Tuas areas are very dengerous when turning right from small roards to main road. A lot off small roads are not allowed to turn right. They hv to turn left and make a U turn at the red light junction and get to the right side of the main road. A lot of drivers nvr abide the rules and turn right to the opposite side. The main road is very broad and it will take some times to get to the right side. If judgement is no good or the car cannot make a fast dash, thats it. Accident will occur. Cause the main road cars are driving very very fast, [shakehead]

This place has a lot of lorries and trucks who think that they are F1 drivers.

Even worse than Loyang area.

If I am not wrong, this is the junction outside Epson. (oops...think I can see a bit of Epson in the picture)

Was there recently only...you really need to know this place well to anticipate properly.

To people seaching for a company in this area or new to this area, please do your map work first before going there. Make sure you know roughly where to turn and all that. The road is very broad, if needed just drive more and make a U-turn rather than dashing across.

Edited by Starry

As Starry had mentioned is true. All the lorries, trucks motorcycles, cars and even busses travelled that road are all F1 drivers. Pls be very very carefule when you are turning from small lane to main roard. Espesically turning RIGHT to main road. Rather drive a bit further down and make U turn at the U turn junction,

it gives mi no pleasure to read MCF members tryin to b CSI here. While giving advices n warnings r gd, speculating it is simply 马后炮。。。。。sori if i sound blunt <_<