Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
56 replies to this topic | 48 praises

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:37 PM

Extramint
  • Extramint
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi. my dad felt itchy one day and bought a new set of rims for my ride which i didnt like.. i couldn't get my $$$ refunded as well as my stock rims returned because the boss wasnt keen. all i could do was to find another set of rims at the shop which looked nicer than the one my dad chose.. damn.

the thing is, i have looked around and it seems that newer designs nowadays are chrome, dark chrome or black chrome usually. those silver / polished metal also will have something dark or black. mine is half polished metal, half black spray painted (9 spokes). (the spokes are polished metal.. the side of the spokes where brake dust is usually found is black). i would like to keep the polished metal untouched and spray paint the black to silver.. can be done right?

any lobangs? no point getting new rims, this is a new set but to any other rims shop, it's considered 2nd hand and only worth 200+.. zzz.
thanks in advance.

one day im gg to change my dad's rims when he's not around.

Edited by Extramint, 25 October 2009 - 01:38 PM.

Noob79, Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

SaNibOy
  • SaNibOy
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Rims not adviseable to normal spray paint. Wil easily chip off. Its better u powder coat ur rims. The paint wil stay forever.

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:34 PM

Extramint
  • Extramint
    4th Gear
    Author Image

sorry im new to these.. powder coat, where can i get this service? any lobang? rough cost estimate?

time taken for the whole thing to finish? as in leave my car at the workshop for how long.

thanks again.

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:42 PM

Teriyaki
  • Teriyaki
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Go to any tyre shop.. They will have lobang.

Sprayed mine for $100 total.. ANd lasted for more than 3 years already. Somemore is white colour.

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

Soho
  • Premium member
    Soho
    5th Gear
    Author Image

eh bro.. $100? tats cheap.. may i know which shop ui spray? can give me the contacts?

thanx...
Noob79 and Angcheek praised this

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:12 PM

Extramint
  • Extramint
    4th Gear
    Author Image

contacts?

H-tyre quoted me 80 per rim.. i thought it was crazy. thanks.

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

Kennyng
  • Kennyng
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

hi. my dad felt itchy one day and bought a new set of rims for my ride which i didnt like.. i couldn't get my $$$ refunded as well as my stock rims returned because the boss wasnt keen. all i could do was to find another set of rims at the shop which looked nicer than the one my dad chose.. damn.

the thing is, i have looked around and it seems that newer designs nowadays are chrome, dark chrome or black chrome usually. those silver / polished metal also will have something dark or black. mine is half polished metal, half black spray painted (9 spokes). (the spokes are polished metal.. the side of the spokes where brake dust is usually found is black). i would like to keep the polished metal untouched and spray paint the black to silver.. can be done right?

any lobangs? no point getting new rims, this is a new set but to any other rims shop, it's considered 2nd hand and only worth 200+.. zzz.
thanks in advance.

one day im gg to change my dad's rims when he's not around.

bro you can DIY yourself. with any normal spray paint. just make sure you clean your rim before you spray on it.

any after that use a hair dryer to blow it dry. use hot air to blow it dry.

than your paint will not peel off easy.

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

XsenseX
  • XsenseX
    Clutched
    Author Image

DIY spray is not for amateurs unless you have good knowledge and skills.

My buddy's sprayed wheels only lasted 10 months before the first cracks appear.

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

Ryosuke
  • Ryosuke
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Sprayed mine for $100 total.. ANd lasted for more than 3 years already. Somemore is white colour.

i am interested to know the contact, pls pm me.
thanks alot.

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:19 AM

Teriyaki
  • Teriyaki
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I bought the rims from Justin shop in AMK Ave 10... Then I said I like the design but not the color... So he said just top up another $100 and he can send the rim for spray paint.. And with powder coat too. The paint doesnt crack even till 3 years. just that changed color already.. yellowish... coz mine is white color... brake dust and things like that will dirty it easily.

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:36 AM

Saf262801
  • Saf262801
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi Teriyaki, can share where you spray your rims?

Mine got ketb rash and I think I may need to ask them to do some spraying on thoese area.

Thanks

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:43 PM

Heartbreakkidz
  • Premium member
    Heartbreakkidz
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Buddy,can pm me the shop for the powder coating? i just wanna spray a thin yellow lining around the rim,shld cost less than the spraying of whole rims bah :) thx alot ..
Noob79 and Angcheek praised this

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

Sallyril
  • Sallyril
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I bought the rims from Justin shop in AMK Ave 10... Then I said I like the design but not the color... So he said just top up another $100 and he can send the rim for spray paint.. And with powder coat too. The paint doesnt crack even till 3 years. just that changed color already.. yellowish... coz mine is white color... brake dust and things like that will dirty it easily.

Hi

Can tell me address where u sprayed ur rims :)

thanks
Angcheek praised this

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

Jetabout777
  • Premium member
    Jetabout777
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi all,

Sorry for digging up thread as I don't wish to start a new thread to ask a similar question.

Anybody have lobang for spraypainting of rims? Preferably powdercoat method.

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your responses.
Noob79 praised this

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi all,

Sorry for digging up thread as I don't wish to start a new thread to ask a similar question.

Anybody have lobang for spraypainting of rims? Preferably powdercoat method.

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your responses.

21 Inches Pte Ltd.
Kenny Nia & Georgie Pai are MCF's biggest hypocrites:)
The idiot who do unto others first, is a insecure prick. :D

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Spraying of rims seem to be the in trend nowadays, in the past, was only black or white.

Now, we got pink, red, yellow. Myself is green.

I also did mine plus touch up for $100. If keen, you can search under my nick, threads.

bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Jetabout777
  • Premium member
    Jetabout777
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Thank you for the responses.

No la, I am not intending to go for those fanciful colours. I am hoping to repair rims as well as to give a new coat of paint.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry to dig out this old thread .Anyone can recommend me a good shop to respray my rims? thinking to have it spray for fresh coat of paint. Any inputs will be much appreciated.
Noob79 praised this

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

Seanboi
  • Seanboi
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry to dig out this old thread .Anyone can recommend me a good shop to respray my rims? thinking to have it spray for fresh coat of paint. Any inputs will be much appreciated.

I would advise against going to the famous one AMK Autopoint.
Cant match my original color, gave me some half F job and service is f-up ttm.

Wad color are your rims? After respraying, the rims will be more prone to chips.
If you wanna get them resprayed I would suggest going to Sin Ming Autocare.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I would advise against going to the famous one AMK Autopoint.
Cant match my original color, gave me some half F job and service is f-up ttm.

Wad color are your rims? After respraying, the rims will be more prone to chips.
If you wanna get them resprayed I would suggest going to Sin Ming Autocare.

my rims color now is silver. thinking to spray it to the WRX gold colour. Sin ming Autocare? any particular shop name or address? Dont mind if u can PM me if not convinent to post here.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Spray, painting, rims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users