Spray painting for rims.

Extramint

hi. my dad felt itchy one day and bought a new set of rims for my ride which i didnt like.. i couldn't get my $$$ refunded as well as my stock rims returned because the boss wasnt keen. all i could do was to find another set of rims at the shop which looked nicer than the one my dad chose.. damn.

the thing is, i have looked around and it seems that newer designs nowadays are chrome, dark chrome or black chrome usually. those silver / polished metal also will have something dark or black. mine is half polished metal, half black spray painted (9 spokes). (the spokes are polished metal.. the side of the spokes where brake dust is usually found is black). i would like to keep the polished metal untouched and spray paint the black to silver.. can be done right?

any lobangs? no point getting new rims, this is a new set but to any other rims shop, it's considered 2nd hand and only worth 200+.. zzz.

thanks in advance.

one day im gg to change my dad's rims when he's not around.

Edited by Extramint
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

sorry im new to these.. powder coat, where can i get this service? any lobang? rough cost estimate?

time taken for the whole thing to finish? as in leave my car at the workshop for how long.

thanks again.

Neutral Newbie

Go to any tyre shop.. They will have lobang.

Sprayed mine for $100 total.. ANd lasted for more than 3 years already. Somemore is white colour.

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

hi. my dad felt itchy one day and bought a new set of rims for my ride which i didnt like.. i couldn't get my $$$ refunded as well as my stock rims returned because the boss wasnt keen. all i could do was to find another set of rims at the shop which looked nicer than the one my dad chose.. damn.

the thing is, i have looked around and it seems that newer designs nowadays are chrome, dark chrome or black chrome usually. those silver / polished metal also will have something dark or black. mine is half polished metal, half black spray painted (9 spokes). (the spokes are polished metal.. the side of the spokes where brake dust is usually found is black). i would like to keep the polished metal untouched and spray paint the black to silver.. can be done right?

any lobangs? no point getting new rims, this is a new set but to any other rims shop, it's considered 2nd hand and only worth 200+.. zzz.

thanks in advance.

one day im gg to change my dad's rims when he's not around.

bro you can DIY yourself. with any normal spray paint. just make sure you clean your rim before you spray on it.

any after that use a hair dryer to blow it dry. use hot air to blow it dry.

than your paint will not peel off easy.

• Praise 3

DIY spray is not for amateurs unless you have good knowledge and skills.

My buddy's sprayed wheels only lasted 10 months before the first cracks appear.

• Praise 3

Sprayed mine for $100 total.. ANd lasted for more than 3 years already. Somemore is white colour.

i am interested to know the contact, pls pm me.

thanks alot.

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

I bought the rims from Justin shop in AMK Ave 10... Then I said I like the design but not the color... So he said just top up another $100 and he can send the rim for spray paint.. And with powder coat too. The paint doesnt crack even till 3 years. just that changed color already.. yellowish... coz mine is white color... brake dust and things like that will dirty it easily.

Hi Teriyaki, can share where you spray your rims?

Mine got ketb rash and I think I may need to ask them to do some spraying on thoese area.

Thanks

• Praise 3

Buddy,can pm me the shop for the powder coating? i just wanna spray a thin yellow lining around the rim,shld cost less than the spraying of whole rims bah :) thx alot ..

• Praise 2

I bought the rims from Justin shop in AMK Ave 10... Then I said I like the design but not the color... So he said just top up another $100 and he can send the rim for spray paint.. And with powder coat too. The paint doesnt crack even till 3 years. just that changed color already.. yellowish... coz mine is white color... brake dust and things like that will dirty it easily.

Hi

Can tell me address where u sprayed ur rims :)

thanks

• Praise 1

Hi all,

Sorry for digging up thread as I don't wish to start a new thread to ask a similar question.

Anybody have lobang for spraypainting of rims? Preferably powdercoat method.

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your responses.

• Praise 1

Hi all,

Sorry for digging up thread as I don't wish to start a new thread to ask a similar question.

Anybody have lobang for spraypainting of rims? Preferably powdercoat method.

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your responses.

21 Inches Pte Ltd.

Supercharged

Spraying of rims seem to be the in trend nowadays, in the past, was only black or white.

Now, we got pink, red, yellow. Myself is green.

I also did mine plus touch up for $100. If keen, you can search under my nick, threads.

Thank you for the responses.

No la, I am not intending to go for those fanciful colours. I am hoping to repair rims as well as to give a new coat of paint.

Sorry to dig out this old thread .Anyone can recommend me a good shop to respray my rims? thinking to have it spray for fresh coat of paint. Any inputs will be much appreciated.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1