Spray painting for rims.

Extramint

(edited)

Bro hope you are not referring to Sze kang. I intend to get my kerb rashed rim resprayed at Sze kang.. Pls advise

Their biz reduce quite abit compared to many years back. I have very mixed feelings about this workshop.

I hold back my review online because a lot of bros from Honda forum like this ws ( as such my feelings may not be representative).

In the worst case, if nobody is confident of matching the color then you either have to spray two on one side of the car or spray all four.

Edited by I_RIDE_DEEP

(edited)

Their biz reduce quite abit compared to many years back. I have very mixed feelings about this workshop.

I hold back my review online because a lot of bros from Honda forum like this ws ( as such my feelings may not be representative).

In the worst case, if nobody is confident of matching the color then you either have to spray two on one side of the car or spray all four.

There's another option which is to find the exact same rim (used/new).

I understand where you are coming from. However if the original color is nicer than the resprayed color then spraying all 4rims defeats the purpose.

You will only be contributing extra $$ to the incompetent ws (for my case). So why spend more $$$ and inconvience (downtime 1-2days) to make your car uglier?

Furthermore, there will be a difference in texture.

Edited by Seanboi

(edited)

There's another option which is to find the exact same rim (used/new).

I understand where you are coming from. However if the original color is nicer than the resprayed color then spraying all 4rims defeats the purpose.

You will only be contributing extra $$ to the incompetent ws (for my case). So why spend more $$$ and inconvience (downtime 1-2days) to make your car uglier?

Furthermore, there will be a difference in texture.

Bro Seanboi. I have replied to your PM on my sobstory. [bigcry]

Edited by I_RIDE_DEEP

digging out old thread, any bros can recommend spray painting for rims? what is the price range like? dont feel like wasting money to buy new rims. If price for spraying is reasonable will consider giving my sets of rims a fresh coat of paint.

Midnight Customs (at Northpoint Bizhub) is the worst car spray/wrapping workshop to go to and here is why.

To note: Scope of work included spray painting of tyre rims and the chrome segment at the back of the car, and wrapping of car handles.

On 7th Oct 2017, they promised to have the car ready by 7pm and we ended up waiting till 11.30pm.

Upon reviewing the work done, Husband saw that the wrapping job done on the car handles was terrible. They offered a touch-up on a separate occasion and my husband agreed to that but shared that he will only pay for the tyres and back of car paint job. They said they will have to then remove the wrapper and my husband agreed to that as well. Who would want to retain such poor work?

Tom (name given by me for one of the staff) proceeded to remove the wrapper and by then it was already way past 12 midnight.

Husband went to check on his handles only to find one of them really loose and he told the staff.

Tom tried to fix the handle but to no avail. Thereafter staff no. 2 (whom i will now refer to as Dick) claimed it was originally already loose. How convenient is that?

Dick then said the indemnity form my husband signed at the start absolves Midnight Customs from all responsibility should there be any damages to the car. We asked to read the form again and nope, no such luck Lying Dick: the form only has a term that absolves Midnight Customs from loss of belongings.

Lying Dick knew he had no way out of this and declared that there was nothing he can do except glue the handle back. Ridiculous.

Anyway, we knew they had no intention to take responsibility for anything at all and since our saturday night was already ruined as it is, we didn’t want to drag it out any further.

We paid $200 and left.

Moral of the story: Midnight Customs might make you wait for 3 hours past the promised time of delivery, do a bad job, spoil a part of your car in the process but god forbid it’s their fault.

And just this morning, upon inspecting the back of the car in daylight, we saw that there were specks of dried paint all over. Husband brought the car down to another workshop for verification and they confirmed it is paint which we cannot remove ourselves. Now we’ll have to send the car for polishing. This is really atrocious service and end result.

Husband texted the boss of Midnight Customs to relay this new finding and he did not receive any response until he shared that he will be proceeding to Small Claims Tribunal. The boss then quickly called him to offer a full refund, but not without adding that the attempt to file our claim with Small Courts is pointless. If that’s the case then why not let us proceed? The boss also said we had to reach before 2pm to receive the refund. It was already 1.15pm.

We immediately set off to meet this ridiculous timeline only to receive a call from the boss mid-way that he will not be proceeding with the refund after all. It doesn’t end here. When we reiterated that we’ll be proceeding with our small claims submission, he again offered to refund us $100 instead and we finally managed to collect this refund from Tom. The boss never turned up. In all honesty, his words and actions so far truly speak volumes of his values and integrity as a business owner.

Use this workshop at your own risk.

If very particular about workmanship, advisable to find body repair shop to respray the rims or Tyre shop. They charge higher but should be much better. At least from what I have seen. They also will repair kerb rash before respray. Should take at least 1 (full day, morning - night) - 2 days. Those 2-3 hour kind expected to have rubbish quality.

Those single unit all in one shop usually the quality of their work really cmi if you look closely. They will sand down but can’t repair the kerb rash. Before doing, u ask them everything also can no problem or 99% similar don’t worry. Upon collection, when u question their workmanship they will tell u no choice, they done their best..101 excuses. Likewise with those mobile door step spray rims. Went to 2 different places to respray my rims but both turned out way below my expectations.

Edited by youpapalite

when workmanship is involve , go to WS that you know well and learn to accept the price (to me is not cost is the Value).

modern business way many new player advertised on low cost platform which many consumers like to find and check information. 

some consumer attracted by Price,

Price is not = Value

Midnight Customs (at Northpoint Bizhub) is the worst car spray/wrapping workshop to go to and here is why.

To note: Scope of work included spray painting of tyre rims and the chrome segment at the back of the car, and wrapping of car handles.

On 7th Oct 2017, they promised to have the car ready by 7pm and we ended up waiting till 11.30pm.

Upon reviewing the work done, Husband saw that the wrapping job done on the car handles was terrible. They offered a touch-up on a separate occasion and my husband agreed to that but shared that he will only pay for the tyres and back of car paint job. They said they will have to then remove the wrapper and my husband agreed to that as well. Who would want to retain such poor work?

Tom (name given by me for one of the staff) proceeded to remove the wrapper and by then it was already way past 12 midnight.

Husband went to check on his handles only to find one of them really loose and he told the staff.

Tom tried to fix the handle but to no avail. Thereafter staff no. 2 (whom i will now refer to as Dick) claimed it was originally already loose. How convenient is that?

Dick then said the indemnity form my husband signed at the start absolves Midnight Customs from all responsibility should there be any damages to the car. We asked to read the form again and nope, no such luck Lying Dick: the form only has a term that absolves Midnight Customs from loss of belongings.

Lying Dick knew he had no way out of this and declared that there was nothing he can do except glue the handle back. Ridiculous.

Anyway, we knew they had no intention to take responsibility for anything at all and since our saturday night was already ruined as it is, we didnât want to drag it out any further.

We paid $200 and left.

Moral of the story: Midnight Customs might make you wait for 3 hours past the promised time of delivery, do a bad job, spoil a part of your car in the process but god forbid itâs their fault.

And just this morning, upon inspecting the back of the car in daylight, we saw that there were specks of dried paint all over. Husband brought the car down to another workshop for verification and they confirmed it is paint which we cannot remove ourselves. Now weâll have to send the car for polishing. This is really atrocious service and end result.

Husband texted the boss of Midnight Customs to relay this new finding and he did not receive any response until he shared that he will be proceeding to Small Claims Tribunal. The boss then quickly called him to offer a full refund, but not without adding that the attempt to file our claim with Small Courts is pointless. If thatâs the case then why not let us proceed? The boss also said we had to reach before 2pm to receive the refund. It was already 1.15pm.

We immediately set off to meet this ridiculous timeline only to receive a call from the boss mid-way that he will not be proceeding with the refund after all. It doesnât end here. When we reiterated that weâll be proceeding with our small claims submission, he again offered to refund us $100 instead and we finally managed to collect this refund from Tom. The boss never turned up. In all honesty, his words and actions so far truly speak volumes of his values and integrity as a business owner.

Use this workshop at your own risk.

Gotta dig up a month old reply and ask if you sent your car to an alternative ws to redo? If yes, how was the workmanship? Mind sharing with me which ws you went to?
  • Praise 2

Some of the recommendations here are 5 years or older. Any updates on new recommendations? My backside a little itchy. Thinking of spraying rims.

Edited by Megadark

Some of the recommendations here are 5 years or older. Any updates on new recommendations? My backside a little itchy. Thinking of spraying rims.

Hahaha ok let me "ease" your itch

Google for SXEVOLVE, workshop is at ubi area.

I am running old jap rims so I don't bother if it greatly depreciate it's value after spraying.

• Praise 1

Hahaha ok let me "ease" your itch

Google for SXEVOLVE, workshop is at ubi area.

I am running old jap rims so I don't bother if it greatly depreciate it's value after spraying.

Do they repair rims as well??