Why volkswagen is rate one of the worse reliable car.

Pckwpckw

VW. Audi and Skoda are using the same part. If one is reliable or un reliable, by right all should be the same.

But why we can see Skoda stay top in some reliable chart but not the other VW. Any idea why there is such a huge difference?

Neutral Newbie

VW. Audi and Skoda are using the same part. If one is reliable or un reliable, by right all should be the same.

But why we can see Skoda stay top in some reliable chart but not the other VW. Any idea why there is such a huge difference?

Curious what chart are you refering to? What I understand the most common problem for these cars are the electronics related or ECU software bug. Usually a software update will solve it. Other than that, seldom see much mechanical problems.

if diff in quality of vehicles, it cud possible be due to attitude of staff in vw assebly line [sleeping] ,

whereas in Cze it was 1ce under communist comecom era, no incentive or wat so ever even if u work really hard, u get pay with local currency which was not cnverterble in free markets [sweatdrop][thumbsdown] .

now maybe vw pay them better(still lower than those work in germany), but more free & relax in moral, social activities etc. [thumbsup]

Curious what chart are you refering to? What I understand the most common problem for these cars are the electronics related or ECU software bug. Usually a software update will solve it. Other than that, seldom see much mechanical problems.

Any car reliability chart. see link for eample. Skoda top 10 but Audit last 10 etc

http://www.reliabilityindex.co.uk/top10.ht...128339010848601

if diff in quality of vehicles, it cud possible be due to attitude of staff in vw assebly line [sleeping] ,

whereas in Cze it was 1ce under communist comecom era, no incentive or wat so ever even if u work really hard, u get pay with local currency which was not cnverterble in free markets [sweatdrop][thumbsdown] .

now maybe vw pay them better(still lower than those work in germany), but more free & relax in moral, social activities etc. [thumbsup]

That mean the location of the build/assembly play an important role.

However, there are ppls here commenting build in Thailand honda/toyota is equivalent to build in Japan one.

Edited by Axela72

quality and reliability are 2 different things. Quality is how well the car components are assembled together, and takes into account the materials chosen for producing the car. VW does well in this aspect.

Reliability is mechanical - How many repairs does it require to keep the car on the road, with the lesser there are, the better the reliability. Conti cars do fare well in tropical climates. And VW is not known to be reliable either.

Must be joke of the year saying VW is one of the worse car.If really worse why the TSI/TDI engines can win world award?

The awards is not given due to its reliability hor. This tsi engine has not been proven to last for 10 yr yet

Edited by Axela72

Is it UK?Hate to say this but the English really hold grudge againts German cars.They dare to say that Jaguar is more refined than BMWs,Lotus is better tha Audis as i read in some UK motoring magazine.WTH

Correct what. But depending on model la. How can BMW be more refined than Jaguars (with exception of 3.0 XF, X-type)?

anyone can give advise as i am thinking of buying golf GTI thanks

IMO (my 2 cents worth), GTI has great quality but not reliability. Conti cars require higher maintainance.

Buy the car for its performance and refinement, but in the long run, you do have to spend more for maintainance.

(I'm not trying to say that the car will break down, just that the car requires more attention)

If you want reliability too, buy Japanese.

Edited by Alfisti168
↡ Advertisement