Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
71 replies to this topic | 97 praises

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:51 AM

Sbc55
  • Sbc55
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

if anyone want, i have one set of orange TPMS to let go. Bought recently but never use because i installed the OEM type. PM me. Thanks.

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:52 PM

mindwatcher
  • Premium member
    mindwatcher
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

if anyone want, i have one set of orange TPMS to let go. Bought recently but never use because i installed the OEM type. PM me. Thanks.

Hi Bro
Care to share your OEM TPMS ... I also looking for one.
Thanks in advance.
Watch your mind ... purify your thoughts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:04 PM

Sbc55
  • Sbc55
    Clutched
    Author Image

Sorry bro i just sold it.

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:50 AM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Supercharged
    Author Image

guys, wanna ask.

what do you think if i get a set of tpms, those valve type.

only use when going for long distance.

other than that, will just remove it and store in the box.

my concern is the battery life and replacement of such valve. thanks

bluey Tiko Ranger

like a V6

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

guys, wanna ask.

what do you think if i get a set of tpms, those valve type.

only use when going for long distance.

other than that, will just remove it and store in the box.

my concern is the battery life and replacement of such valve. thanks

Get those which you can DIY and do not need any 3rd party installer.

I'm using this btw.

Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System-TPMS-by-

No need to splice any wire for power source. Sensor is outside the valve but with lock nut to secure it but looks big. It's silver in colour same as my rims so not very obvious. Sensor is very light weight plus I could change the battery on my own, only downside it's mounted externally and it looks big. The display is plug and play to any power socket plus it has a 1A usb port built in to charge your smartphone.

Anytime if I dun wish to use it I can just uninstall w/o the hassle of finding a tire shop. This is also cheaper dan most TPMS but no warranty though. Sensor can be sold separately but at what price I'm not sure.

Display can do bar, psi and temperature in degree Celsius.

tpms.JPG

For this price, cannot hiam. It serves its purpose well.

Kurty and Vid praised this
Winter is Coming!

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:44 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Get those which you can DIY and do not need any 3rd party installer.

I'm using this btw.

No need to splice any wire for power source. Sensor is outside the valve but with lock nut to secure it but looks big. It's silver in colour same as my rims so not very obvious. Sensor is very light weight plus I could change the battery on my own, only downside it's mounted externally and it looks big. The display is plug and play to any power socket plus it has a 1A usb port built in to charge your smartphone.

Anytime if I dun wish to use it I can just uninstall w/o the hassle of finding a tire shop. This is also cheaper dan most TPMS but no warranty though. Sensor can be sold separately but at what price I'm not sure.

Display can do bar, psi and temperature in degree Celsius.

attachicon.giftpms.JPG

For this price, cannot hiam. It serves its purpose well.

upz your point,

yeah, looks good and simple to me, especially you mentioned that you could change the battery yourself.

what kind of battery it actually uses? the same type with watches?

just to share my story,

i had an incident whereby i was travelling to NSHW, going around 150-170km..

until i feel my steering was kinda weird..

the whole car can't even go straight..

pull over to the road side and realized that the side wall of my rear tyre had came out.. a nice circular cut..

since then, i believe a good tire really helps..

my intention of having this tpms, is to pre alert me, should i ever had such encounter again..

least, i saw the drop in psi.. i cant slow down and identify the clause.

does this thing have any alarm?

if it does, its deserved a thumb up.

bluey Tiko Ranger

like a V6

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

upz your point,

yeah, looks good and simple to me, especially you mentioned that you could change the battery yourself.

what kind of battery it actually uses? the same type with watches?

just to share my story,

i had an incident whereby i was travelling to NSHW, going around 150-170km..

until i feel my steering was kinda weird..

the whole car can't even go straight..

pull over to the road side and realized that the side wall of my rear tyre had came out.. a nice circular cut..

since then, i believe a good tire really helps..

my intention of having this tpms, is to pre alert me, should i ever had such encounter again..

least, i saw the drop in psi.. i cant slow down and identify the clause.

does this thing have any alarm?

if it does, its deserved a thumb up.

Yeah. If drop below 1.8 bar there's an alarm to alert you. Battery should be those CR type which you can get anywhere.

The reading will be accurate when the car starts moving at about 40km/h. It doesn't need to reset like some tpms when you change or rotate tires.

Forgot to mention it does have memory of your last reading after switching off ignition.

Edited by Watwheels, 15 May 2015 - 03:07 PM.

Winter is Coming!

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:44 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sensor is outside the valve but with lock nut to secure it but looks big. 

Secure i.e. won't fly off without the lock nut ? 

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:49 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Secure i.e. won't fly off without the lock nut ? 

Sensor screw thread is cw, lock nut is ccw. It's more for anti theft. If you dun put the lock nut also no problem.
Kklee praised this
Winter is Coming!

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:00 PM

Ghostrider8
  • Premium member
    Ghostrider8
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

dekitting my orange TPMS on my current car soon.

Thinking of installing  the SingTech TPMS, any picture of the sensor when installed of the wheel?

Edited by Ghostrider8, 16 May 2015 - 04:02 PM.

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

simons
  • simons
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

You need to test your car after the monitering system was installed.

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:00 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sensor screw thread is cw, lock nut is ccw. It's more for anti theft. If you dun put the lock nut also no problem.

I need this type of setup cos I pump air quite frequently.

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users