Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)

Achtung

Supercharged

thank you for sharing your experience on them.

the purpose of me getting a tpms is road safety, intend to place tpms in my in law ride (Malaysia) as we frequent travel around 500km each trip, hence road safety matters.

i ever encounter a burst Tyre in NSHW hence appreciate and understand the good quality means of a tyre.

TMPS is an additional tool whereby in the event of such mishap, least we could be alert and start to slow down speed.

the only hindrance of me getting tmps is theft and the reliability of battery.

after reading you guys' review, i guess tyredog seems to be better and convenient.

hopefully, no one steal them :D

thank you for sharing your experience on them.

the purpose of me getting a tpms is road safety, intend to place tpms in my in law ride (Malaysia) as we frequent travel around 500km each trip, hence road safety matters.

i ever encounter a burst Tyre in NSHW hence appreciate and understand the good quality means of a tyre.

TMPS is an additional tool whereby in the event of such mishap, least we could be alert and start to slow down speed.

the only hindrance of me getting tmps is theft and the reliability of battery.

after reading you guys' review, i guess tyredog seems to be better and convenient.

hopefully, no one steal them :D

If your tyres are not low profile, I'd recommend Orange internal instead.

In the event you still stick to the TyreDog external type, don't forget to balance the wheel because each sensor weighs about 25g.

The batteries last long, but keep in mind if tire pressure goes too low, the sensor transmit continually and uses up battery quickly. Say if you go overseas extensively and leave your car parked with low tire pressure, this could drain the battery quickly.

I dont think your statement is correct since it is a one-way transmission From the sender side, the transmission and energy taken should be identical in all tyre conditions. It is the reciever that determines if this is low pressure and whether an alarm needs to be sounded.

Therefore, battery consumption from the sender side should be linear in all situations.

Neutral Newbie

if anyone want, i have one set of orange TPMS to let go. Bought recently but never use because i installed the OEM type. PM me. Thanks.

if anyone want, i have one set of orange TPMS to let go. Bought recently but never use because i installed the OEM type. PM me. Thanks.

Hi Bro

Care to share your OEM TPMS ... I also looking for one.

Thanks in advance.

Supercharged

guys, wanna ask.

what do you think if i get a set of tpms, those valve type.

only use when going for long distance.

other than that, will just remove it and store in the box.

my concern is the battery life and replacement of such valve. thanks

guys, wanna ask.

what do you think if i get a set of tpms, those valve type.

only use when going for long distance.

other than that, will just remove it and store in the box.

my concern is the battery life and replacement of such valve. thanks

Get those which you can DIY and do not need any 3rd party installer.

I'm using this btw.

Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System-TPMS-by-

No need to splice any wire for power source. Sensor is outside the valve but with lock nut to secure it but looks big. It's silver in colour same as my rims so not very obvious. Sensor is very light weight plus I could change the battery on my own, only downside it's mounted externally and it looks big. The display is plug and play to any power socket plus it has a 1A usb port built in to charge your smartphone.

Anytime if I dun wish to use it I can just uninstall w/o the hassle of finding a tire shop. This is also cheaper dan most TPMS but no warranty though. Sensor can be sold separately but at what price I'm not sure.

Display can do bar, psi and temperature in degree Celsius.

post-18163-0-13643100-1431662961_thumb.jpg

For this price, cannot hiam. It serves its purpose well.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

Get those which you can DIY and do not need any 3rd party installer.

I'm using this btw.

No need to splice any wire for power source. Sensor is outside the valve but with lock nut to secure it but looks big. It's silver in colour same as my rims so not very obvious. Sensor is very light weight plus I could change the battery on my own, only downside it's mounted externally and it looks big. The display is plug and play to any power socket plus it has a 1A usb port built in to charge your smartphone.

Anytime if I dun wish to use it I can just uninstall w/o the hassle of finding a tire shop. This is also cheaper dan most TPMS but no warranty though. Sensor can be sold separately but at what price I'm not sure.

Display can do bar, psi and temperature in degree Celsius.

attachicon.giftpms.JPG

For this price, cannot hiam. It serves its purpose well.

upz your point,

yeah, looks good and simple to me, especially you mentioned that you could change the battery yourself.

what kind of battery it actually uses? the same type with watches?

just to share my story,

i had an incident whereby i was travelling to NSHW, going around 150-170km..

until i feel my steering was kinda weird..

the whole car can't even go straight..

pull over to the road side and realized that the side wall of my rear tyre had came out.. a nice circular cut..

since then, i believe a good tire really helps..

my intention of having this tpms, is to pre alert me, should i ever had such encounter again..

least, i saw the drop in psi.. i cant slow down and identify the clause.

does this thing have any alarm?

if it does, its deserved a thumb up.

(edited)

upz your point,

yeah, looks good and simple to me, especially you mentioned that you could change the battery yourself.

what kind of battery it actually uses? the same type with watches?

just to share my story,

i had an incident whereby i was travelling to NSHW, going around 150-170km..

until i feel my steering was kinda weird..

the whole car can't even go straight..

pull over to the road side and realized that the side wall of my rear tyre had came out.. a nice circular cut..

since then, i believe a good tire really helps..

my intention of having this tpms, is to pre alert me, should i ever had such encounter again..

least, i saw the drop in psi.. i cant slow down and identify the clause.

does this thing have any alarm?

if it does, its deserved a thumb up.

Yeah. If drop below 1.8 bar there's an alarm to alert you. Battery should be those CR type which you can get anywhere.

The reading will be accurate when the car starts moving at about 40km/h. It doesn't need to reset like some tpms when you change or rotate tires.

Forgot to mention it does have memory of your last reading after switching off ignition.

Edited by Watwheels

Sensor is outside the valve but with lock nut to secure it but looks big.

Secure i.e. won't fly off without the lock nut ?

Secure i.e. won't fly off without the lock nut ?

Sensor screw thread is cw, lock nut is ccw. It's more for anti theft. If you dun put the lock nut also no problem.

• Praise 1

(edited)

dekitting my orange TPMS on my current car soon.

Thinking of installing the SingTech TPMS, any picture of the sensor when installed of the wheel?

Edited by Ghostrider8

Sensor screw thread is cw, lock nut is ccw. It's more for anti theft. If you dun put the lock nut also no problem.

I need this type of setup cos I pump air quite frequently.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi guys, anyone knows where to buy TyreDog tpms?

also considering Oro tpms - anyone knows where to buy this as well?

Read abv that Tpms with internal sensors can easily spoil sensors as I go up msia on nshw pretty often?

Any good brands to buy, cost, and buy from where please?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Vt88