Police Road Block

Ahtong

Sometimes I see TP conducting roadblocks during daytime around those industrial estates or construction sites. What are they looking for? Is it illegal immigrants?

↡ Advertisement

Sometimes I see TP conducting roadblocks during daytime around those industrial estates or construction sites. What are they looking for? Is it illegal immigrants?

TP? You said TP?

Why would the TRAFFIC POLICE be bothered with Illegal Immigrants?

I also don't know. But what's there to catch on a weekday afternoon? Anyway, TP just took a quick glance at my road tax and waved me on.

TP? You said TP?

Why would the TRAFFIC POLICE be bothered with Illegal Immigrants?

Think sometimes it not TP but the Traffic Enforcement Unit from the Police Div.

I come across before cos during the day I will drive the company's van. They will check your road tax and the speed watching device whether it's working, if not $50 fine(not too sure about the amount) on the spot. At one time I saw a lot of illegal modified cars kena stop on a Saturday in the morning about 10am. All of which are TP road blocks. I come across before in residential and industrial area. For me, luckily everything is paid and working, otherwise tio fine liao.

I also don't know. But what's there to catch on a weekday afternoon? Anyway, TP just took a quick glance at my road tax and waved me on.

I think its ROV lar. Look at the bike plate, if starts with TP then Traffic Police, if not will be ROV or F is normal auxilliary police. All look the same, but plate differentiates.

Neutral Newbie

Alot of lorries, commercial use vehicles nvr pay road tax. Some Ah bengs drive vans, pick-ups bt mod till like "furlali". Some Banga drive w/o license or suspended license. Trust me, u will be surprised at hw many cases there are. Its the new "in" thing for the TPs & ROVs to get revenues for their employer. More profitable thn illegal mods frm pte cars, safer thn drunken drivers, less taxing thn nite blocks, lower chances at gettin complain at etc.

Well i got stopped by a TP in WRx on my way to my bike prac at Ubi CDC. He let every car go, and stopped me on my bike. I guess he was just there to check on those bikers who ride without license, and see if their road tax and insurance expires.

Probably targeting commercial vehicle as there were new regulation in place like height limit for rear passengers, front cabin must be occupied before filling up the rear space

I think its ROV lar. Look at the bike plate, if starts with TP then Traffic Police, if not will be ROV or F is normal auxilliary police. All look the same, but plate differentiates.

haaa bro, think now difficult to see ROV plate... all show LTA liao....

Police setup road block for many many reasons.... common reason is to check road tax, or drink driving..... rare occasions like the Mas Nasi Lemak run away type of reason..... ^_^ .... of course kena the OC siao on wanna tekan his man also can ask them to setup road block.... <_<

Would I be fined if I dont display my road tax disc?

depend lar bro..... the officer good mood, he radio back, check check, see that you pay, let you go... at most advise you to show the disc next time..... the fella bad mood then kena left right centre.... say why neber show, waste their time to check...... [;)] ..... but anyway if you pay, then wont kena 3 million....

Neutral Newbie

[:p] I wonder why people don't want to display road tax disc...unless they got something to hide...

some times it no real reason...just never display.

↡ Advertisement