Singapore University of Technology and Design (SU)

Babyt

The name for 4th uni is out. Its called Singapore University of Technology and Design

CNA displayed the short form as SU but my fren thinks it sld be called STD

I thought they have a naming contest for this 4th uni...but ended up the name is so generic...lol

↡ Advertisement

The name for 4th uni is out. Its called Singapore University of Technology and Design

CNA displayed the short form as SU but my fren thinks it sld be called STD

I thought they have a naming contest for this 4th uni...but ended up the name is so generic...lol

how come all must have the "singapore" name inside?

NUS lah, SMU lah.. other than Nanyang which was not named by gahmen

i always tot UniSim is the 4th Uni but its not.

they dont recognise UniSim as 4th Uni coz its private.

Nanyang is an old name for Singapore, same for Temasek.

why cant they name is Changi South University,? lol...why overseas uni can have uni named after the area it is located ;p

Neutral Newbie

why cant they name is Changi South University,? lol...why overseas uni can have uni named after the area it is located ;p

Because their "area" is sometimes 10 x times the size of Singapore.

why not replace 'technology and design' with a collective term 'Polytechnic'?

i think the word 'polytechnic' has been stained as diploma churning schs...

is that name confirmed? or will they pay some disgusting amount to some consultant to think of some names? then in the end, the consultant call it ......Singapore University...

Where will it be located? Tampines? Hmmm... Tampines University? hahhaha...

As a matter of time, maybe we will see more uni up n in no time it will be name such as Chai Chee University, AMK uni or CCK. hahaha juz like our primary n secondary sch.

i always tot UniSim is the 4th Uni but its not.

they dont recognise UniSim as 4th Uni coz its private.

Nanyang is an old name for Singapore, same for Temasek.

UniSIM has already undergone accreditations by the official board, but until now it's already like more dan 1/2 a yr the accreditation result still unknown... and anyway btw, if u said they dont recognise UniSIM dan why does MOE provide 40% subsidies for students of UniSIM???

tis grey area is getting bigger and bigger... noting to do, come out another so called SU... accreditation oso dun wan released...

UniSIM has already undergone accreditations by the official board, but until now it's already like more dan 1/2 a yr the accreditation result still unknown... and anyway btw, if u said they dont recognise UniSIM dan why does MOE provide 40% subsidies for students of UniSIM???

tis grey area is getting bigger and bigger... noting to do, come out another so called SU... accreditation oso dun wan released...

the stigma cannot be removed.

if you scored really well and even if SIM gets recognized, would you want to go unisim, if you were offered places in smu, nus, ntu?

MOE provides subsidies for UniSim coz no choice, generally polys, A lvl (who cant make it) will come here.

to be frank, i think the gov agencies prefer to hire NTU, NUS, SMU, SU rather than UniSim.

Neutral Newbie

MOE provides subsidies for UniSim coz no choice, generally polys, A lvl (who cant make it) will come here.

to be frank, i think the gov agencies prefer to hire NTU, NUS, SMU, SU rather than UniSim.

All businesses making $$$$ by attracting foreign students who study here, spend here, play here, eat here, "work" here.

but problem starts when they grad & look for jobs here, and our local workers/ future gens will be marginlised.

I felt not fair that Singaporean student with average results has to apply for the not so "good" institutions or go study overseas.

be prepared to report to a Foreign fresh grad in the near future.

Edited by Angmokio

accredited y not say its the 4th uni leh? y say 4th uni coming up in changi leh?

the stigma cannot be removed.

if you scored really well and even if SIM gets recognized, would you want to go unisim, if you were offered places in smu, nus, ntu?

I am one of those who go sim to study even when i am able to get a place in the local Unis. I did it to save time because i am doing sim in my NS.

Neutral Newbie

It should have been named as Singapore Technology and University of Design.

In short.....STUD. Enrollment sure high.... :D

↡ Advertisement