Shipping in Wheel/tires

Oregon

Has anyone shipped in tires or wheels sets from overseas - eg Tirerack, etc? Seems to make economical sense but I'm newbie on this.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Has anyone shipped in tires or wheels sets from overseas - eg Tirerack, etc? Seems to make economical sense but I'm newbie on this.

seems more expensive [sweatdrop]

its possible to ship in, the only thing u need to do is find a shipping company that deal with sharing of containers, ie, many customer share small item in 1 containers, the company will arrange it,

but , u still need arrange for pick up from the place u buy the good to container , and from local habour to your location ,

end of days for all your trouble, i not sure how much u can save .

if the item its impossible to get in sg, then it might be worth it, or maybe u parallel import in cars, it can work , the cost to transport a car from eng to sg, only 1.5k +-, with extra space for tyres rims etc.

got.. from US. but depends on the rim you are getting.. the shipping charges for 4 rim is not cheap

Lots of our RAV4 members shipped in their rims & tyres from USA.

Not cheap but also not expensive. For Tirerack, u need to email to

one of their sales rep, they will quote you the total cost with shipment.

If you agree the total charge, you need to TT the full payment to them

before they ship out the items.

Just to high light to you, ship the items directly to the workshop that

you prepare to install. So, you save all the trouble to send all those

heavy items from your house/office to workshop.

Just my small experience [:)]

Was in BKK and saw a lot of wheel shops. Cannot resist and bought a set of 18 inchers. Under $1200. Checked in on plane FOC. Dunno whether cheap but what the heck - had a lot of fun shopping from the variety. Got cheaper ones around $1000 but paid a little more for better quality stuff. Now shopping for the 225/40 R18 LS2000. Hopefully all in under $2K a set.

↡ Advertisement