Malaysia: Road Trip to Desaru.....

Ticklish8

How nice if there is a ferry service to bring our cars to Tg Pengelih too! Then I would visit the area more often cos no need to drive 2 hours and braved the Causeway jams.......

I think we did have a car/passenger ferry service from Changi Point to Desaru area. [idea]

But it closed down after a few years prob due to lack of biz. [sleeping]

IIRC the charges werte quite ex too. Maybe thats why no biz. pple just drive there only cost a few RM in petrol n cway toll charges. [drivingcar]

Maybe now with the bad jams, more pple wil use the ferry? But then the ferry wil also b jammed like the cway. Hahaha. [laugh]

• Praise 2

I think we did have a car/passenger ferry service from Changi Point to Desaru area. [idea]

But it closed down after a few years prob due to lack of biz. [sleeping]

IIRC the charges werte quite ex too. Maybe thats why no biz. pple just drive there only cost a few RM in petrol n cway toll charges. [drivingcar]

Maybe now with the bad jams, more pple wil use the ferry? But then the ferry wil also b jammed like the cway. Hahaha. [laugh]

Ya last time got this service, I took it as a passenger and saw cars driving into the ferry below. That was so many years ago like 24 years ago when I was a teenager.

Maybe that time Singaporeans were not so well travelled and well to do to afford a car and media was not so advanced where people rely on travel agent to book. Now with the internet and social media, everyone is going free and easy.

I prefer to have direct ferry to Tioman. Last time got ferry from harbourfront to Tioman de, then it was discontinued due to poor response. :(

And 24 years ago, the ringget exchange was not very high like SGD1.00 : RM1.20 something like that if i am not wrong.

• Praise 1

That time, Desaru was a hot destination with Singaporeans.

Ya last time got this service, I took it as a passenger and saw cars driving into the ferry below. That was so many years ago like 24 years ago when I was a teenager.

Maybe that time Singaporeans were not so well travelled and well to do to afford a car and media was not so advanced where people rely on travel agent to book. Now with the internet and social media, everyone is going free and easy.

I prefer to have direct ferry to Tioman. Last time got ferry from harbourfront to Tioman de, then it was discontinued due to poor response. :(

And 24 years ago, the ringget exchange was not very high like SGD1.00 : RM1.20 something like that if i am not wrong.

Supercharged

Can use those online booking system for the ferry ticket. Once booked, your car is secured a lot on-board the ferry, so those who didn't secure a lot need not come n queue up.

Perhaps now not many people will use the ferry cos the Desaru area still not much development yet. -_-

Can use those online booking system for the ferry ticket. Once booked, your car is secured a lot on-board the ferry, so those who didn't secure a lot need not come n queue up.

Perhaps now not many people will use the ferry cos the Desaru area still not much development yet. -_-

Wahaha 24 yrs ago, there isn't any internet. All use fax. I was using pager tat time.

That time, Desaru was a hot destination with Singaporeans.

Ya i agree. I still remember the day trip to desaru is very popular.

legal boh? Walkie Talkie is controlled items in many countries.

guys i have lobang for walkie talkie. its very useful for road trips up north. contact me for more info 98threesix883one.

guys i have lobang for walkie talkie. its very useful for road trips up north. contact me for more info 98threesix883one.

dropped you a PM. I bought a motorola one from Qoo but its not that good though it states it can cover 10km. The channels are unsecured type.

Wahaha 24 yrs ago, there isn't any internet. All use fax. I was using pager tat time.

Ya n the fax damm slow one. One line at a time.

I even used to use telex if some still rememeber.

But Telex is legally recognised. Fax not. [:p]

Early pager no number display even. U just call back office to check whats the message. Then got handphone as big as a brick. But still was a big deal if u have one. Hahaha. [:p]

Ya i agree. I still remember the day trip to desaru is very popular.

But now Desaru have better resorts n makan around there. [thumbsup]

I drove there abt 25 yrs back not much to see or do.

Just go the beach n eat at the food centre at the beach. Then walk around a bit then drive all the way back.

Now I go Desaru n stay 2-3 days even. Resorts cheap n good. Makan all over the place have. Can even go Kota Tinggi town for more variety. [thumbsup]

dropped you a PM. I bought a motorola one from Qoo but its not that good though it states it can cover 10km. The channels are unsecured type.

Now the Motorola mostly made in China. Quality n reception very poor. [shakehead]

If u buy, try to get the better quality one. Sim Lim has many shops selling. [nod]

They say on packing 10Km but thats only on flat level ground with battery on full charge without any obstructions n sometimes the weather also affect reception.

Last time we go road trips in Msia we use n only a few KM already cannot receive. Also got other pple using on same channels will cut u off while u toking.

I rememeber we used on trips to Kuantan. Quite shiok that time cos had abt 5-7 cars. [drivingcar]

Guys,can we take 2nd link and reach the desaru highway(E22?) directly? i vaguely recalled it can be done. I prefer driving thru 2nd link and usually I will follow the GPS but it will direct me to exit from 2nd link at and I will have to drive thru some minor roads in JB with more traffic and exit desaru highway(E22).

causeway will be more direct and shorter. 2nd link is circuitous to Desaru iirc, but not too sure if there are other newer and shorter links now?

Guys,can we take 2nd link and reach the desaru highway(E22?) directly? i vaguely recalled it can be done. I prefer driving thru 2nd link and usually I will follow the GPS but it will direct me to exit from 2nd link at and I will have to drive thru some minor roads in JB with more traffic and exit desaru highway(E22).

↡ Advertisement