Malaysia: Road Trip to Desaru.....

Ticklish8

Thks. I am staying at Jurong so I reckon its nearer and less traffic to go via Tuas Checkpoint. I will try to take E3-E22 next time and ignore the GPS.

I think usually GPS will ask me to go thru Bukit Indah route then exit E33. I checked Googlemap, taking E3-E33 takes 1hr25mins to reach Desaru and if I take the Bukit Indah Route, will take 1hr 28mins :P

Edited by Extremme
↡ Advertisement

Yup quite a long distance if you go by 2nd link...

BTW... Any new developments there? The resorts there cmi imho. Only nice stuff is the lobster & seafood.

Supercharged

Guys,can we take 2nd link and reach the desaru highway(E22?) directly? i vaguely recalled it can be done. I prefer driving thru 2nd link and usually I will follow the GPS but it will direct me to exit from 2nd link at and I will have to drive thru some minor roads in JB with more traffic and exit desaru highway(E22).

Yes, can. But it will be a much longer route, all highway traffic and got to pay tolls.

IIRC, after exiting 2nd Link, head towards Senai airport and JPO. After passing JPO you head towards Senai Airport (or E22 or Desaru if the signboard shows). Just before the exit to Airport, there should be a turn into E22, and there you be on your way to Deasru.

• Praise 1

Yup quite a long distance if you go by 2nd link...

BTW... Any new developments there? The resorts there cmi imho. Only nice stuff is the lobster & seafood.

Still the same old stuff but I feel its still better than staying in Singapore. Either a day trip or 1 night stay is sufficient else it will be too boring. Its mainly for my family with young kids. Its good to get away from the overly populated Singapore. At least some peace and quiet moment.

I heard Sheraton will be opening a resort middle of 2015

https://www.facebook.com/princebaydesaru.my/posts/323272351144862

Edited by Extremme

Supercharged

Thks. I am staying at Jurong so I reckon its nearer and less traffic to go via Tuas Checkpoint. I will try to take E3-E22 next time and ignore the GPS.

I think usually GPS will ask me to go thru Bukit Indah route then exit E33. I checked Googlemap, taking E3-E33 takes 1hr25mins to reach Desaru and if I take the Bukit Indah Route, will take 1hr 28mins :P

Bukit Indah route is shorter but heavier traffic, especially at the Pasir Gudang Highway near Tebaru. E3 is longer route but very light traffic. So their ETD is almost the same.

If you really wanna take the E3 route, you can set your GPS to JPO first, then reach JPO set it to Desaru - this way the GPS will not direct you to Bukit Indah.

Bukit Indah route is shorter but heavier traffic, especially at the Pasir Gudang Highway near Tebaru. E3 is longer route but very light traffic. So their ETD is almost the same.

If you really wanna take the E3 route, you can set your GPS to JPO first, then reach JPO set it to Desaru - this way the GPS will not direct you to Bukit Indah.

Thks TVT!! :)

Anyone went to lotus recently? Just wondering is the water theme park still open? The last time i went, it is closed.

My friend went 19-21 June 2015. Saw her posting in her fb playing the waterpark. Thus I presume it is still open?

Was open when I went during Vesak day weekend, packed though!

Don't see why it would be closed but no harm calling the hotel to check if they have scheduled maintenance works etc

Anyone went to lotus recently? Just wondering is the water theme park still open? The last time i went, it is closed.

Was open when I went during Vesak day weekend, packed though!

Don't see why it would be closed but no harm calling the hotel to check if they have scheduled maintenance works etc

bobian.. hot place

Turbocharged

My friend went 19-21 June 2015. Saw her posting in her fb playing the waterpark. Thus I presume it is still open?

It's quite run down imo. Some of the floor tiles have cracked and the rubber mat under the coconut slide also got worn off.

Hi,

I'm back from Lotus Desaru. It was quite easy with no traffic and jam except that the Woodlands side, a little jam as there was an accident near the Woodlands immigration,

Dun know how the lorry driver drive, he drove from the car lane into the motorcylces lane and one man was injured and his windscreen was shattered.

It was an easy drive and straight forward road, just look for E22. Coming back is also easy just look for ulu tiram and johor bahru.

Lotus Resort has changed since I went 5 years ago. In the past, children game room and the tubes at the water park is FREE. And no wrist band was required to use the facilities.

Now, you need wristband to use the facilities even the swimming pool. Luckily additional wristband is cheap at RM5 per per pax throughout your stay.

I have requested for a room in good condition during reservations after reading that most rooms were in bad shape. Luckily they acceded my request and given a "good" room in Block P.

Just for info, I read that the Lazy River in the water park will be closed for maintainance from 28 June to 1X July 2015. I have forgotten the date in July. Those going perhaps can check with the resort to double confirm.

• Praise 1

http://www.desarucoast.com/

It stated many resorts:

This premier destination promises an array of luxury resorts such as Aman Country Club and Aman Villas, Westin Desaru Resort, The Datai Desaru and The Desa Hotel. Desaru Coast also offers a beautiful lifestyle village to be known as called The Riverwalk, with a variety of eateries, retail and entertainment outlets. It is targeted to open in 2017.

Some places like theme parks supposedly opening in 2016. But we'll see, especially with the backdrop of MYR crashing.

Ya lor, i read somewhere that the first phrase supposed to be ready be 2015 but now no news liao wahhaahahahahaha.

I think their projects always delay. Nothing new.

Plantation hotel water park:

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Relax/Story/A1Story20121215-389713.html

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2015/06/25/MRCB-bags-RM485mil-Desaru-Coast-hotel-jobs/?style=biz

latest upate. I think the project havent started yet or just started. Above news dated 25 june 2015.

Hi,

I'm back from Lotus Desaru. It was quite easy with no traffic and jam except that the Woodlands side, a little jam as there was an accident near the Woodlands immigration,

Dun know how the lorry driver drive, he drove from the car lane into the motorcylces lane and one man was injured and his windscreen was shattered.

It was an easy drive and straight forward road, just look for E22. Coming back is also easy just look for ulu tiram and johor bahru.

Lotus Resort has changed since I went 5 years ago. In the past, children game room and the tubes at the water park is FREE. And no wrist band was required to use the facilities.

Now, you need wristband to use the facilities even the swimming pool. Luckily additional wristband is cheap at RM5 per per pax throughout your stay.

I have requested for a room in good condition during reservations after reading that most rooms were in bad shape. Luckily they acceded my request and given a "good" room in Block P.

Just for info, I read that the Lazy River in the water park will be closed for maintainance from 28 June to 1X July 2015. I have forgotten the date in July. Those going perhaps can check with the resort to double confirm.

I believe it's much quicker by 2nd Link.

I went up Saturday early AM with my friend. Reached Desaru (the left turn at Petronas) in exactly half an hour after exiting customs at the Malaysian side. Of course, I was driving...um...exuberantly with almost no traffic on the roads, but even driving at a more normal pace, you should be able to do it in less than an hour without traffic.

I share your misgivings about what Lotus has become. I think I'll do Pulai next time. The teh tarik in the cafe is shiok!

• Praise 1

I believe it's much quicker by 2nd Link.

I went up Saturday early AM with my friend. Reached Desaru (the left turn at Petronas) in exactly half an hour after exiting customs at the Malaysian side. Of course, I was driving...um...exuberantly with almost no traffic on the roads, but even driving at a more normal pace, you should be able to do it in less than an hour without traffic.

I share your misgivings about what Lotus has become. I think I'll do Pulai next time. The teh tarik in the cafe is shiok!

OIC. For us, we stopover for Tim sum breakfast near Tebrau and shop at Tesco Tebrau before going to Desaru. It took us around 35+/- mins from Tebrau to Lotus, we drove quite slow at only 110km and 70km depending on the speed limit on the road.

Oh, next time I'll go Pulai and try the teh tarik wahhahaahah.

OIC. For us, we stopover for Tim sum breakfast near Tebrau and shop at Tesco Tebrau before going to Desaru. It took us around 35+/- mins from Tebrau to Lotus, we drove quite slow at only 110km and 70km depending on the speed limit on the road.

Oh, next time I'll go Pulai and try the teh tarik wahhahaahah.

Bro - not possible leh. From Tebrau to Desaru, it's still about 70km. For 35min, that's still an average speed of 120km/h. No way you could've been travelling max 110 (let alone 70), haha. Don't worry, here no Malaysia mata, can speak freely. [laugh]

Actually, on the way back, I went by an alternative route to Tebra (the Autobacs) to buy some engine oil. :D After Tebrau, easier to come back by Woodlands.

↡ Advertisement