Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic | 30 praises

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:55 PM

Sstar
  • Sstar
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, need to check with you guys, where is the better place for chinese food along the NSH? don't like the food stall in R& R.

1) yong peng: lots of coach stop over there, how is the food there? take the south exit or north exit?

2) Ayer keroh or Ayer hitam, can not remeber, was told there is a restaurant in the overhead bridge.

any other recommendations? Thanks

Edited by Sstar, 04 November 2009 - 12:22 AM.

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:06 AM

Diamond2006
  • Premium member
    Diamond2006
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

yong peng, you can try the restuarant bus terminal or the anthony fish noodle in the town.

Ayer Keroh, there is few cafe + fast food the overhead bridge.

Enjoy!
Nissan Sunny '02
Nissan Sylphy '07
Nissan Qasqhai '17 (unbelievable... Nissan again)

(to be continued...)

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:24 AM

Sstar
  • Sstar
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi, need to check with you guys, where is the better place for chinese food along the NSH? don't like the food stall in R& R.

1) yong peng: lots of coach stop over there, how is the food there? take the south exit or north exit?

2) Ayer keroh or Ayer hitam, can not remeber, was told there is a restaurant in the overhead bridge.

Thanks for the info, should take yong peng south or north exit?

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:56 AM

Rawsushi
  • Rawsushi
    1st Gear
    Author Image

If you're going north of KL then the Dengkil rest stop (northbound) is highly recommended for the Kajang Satay stall.

You will never get satay anywhere near as good in Singapore! Big huge chunky slices!

JohnSHL, JohnSHL and Dleodleo praised this

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:45 AM

Dumb
  • Premium member
    Dumb
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Along the NSH?? There is nothing edible at any of the R&R, unless you are really hungry or you exit the hwy to towns. At most I stop to pee and move on.

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

Sstar
  • Sstar
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Along the NSH?? There is nothing edible at any of the R&R, unless you are really hungry or you exit the hwy to towns. At most I stop to pee and move on.

Near NSH also can recommend, thanks

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:06 PM

Lex250
  • Lex250
    4th Gear
    Author Image

If you're going north of KL then the Dengkil rest stop (northbound) is highly recommended for the Kajang Satay stall.

You will never get satay anywhere near as good in Singapore! Big huge chunky slices!

Wah how much per stick ah? Had Kajang satay in PJ SS2 area....60 sen per stick....chunky sticks of meat! Cannot remeber the name of resturant...but my Msian frds brought me there....really cool...and at 60 sen i ain't complaining
“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:07 PM

Lex250
  • Lex250
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Can get "siew pau" at Seremban but that is already almost to KL ....pends on where u going mate
“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:09 PM

Newcar
  • Premium member
    Newcar
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Wao...!

U makes me hungry even though just after my dinner...! tongue.gif

Well, me will try it soon... biggrin.gif

I remembered the satay is also good at the rest toll along Guthrie Corridor Express way. wave.gif

But, it has been coming to 2 years me did not use that route..!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

Hermitage
  • Hermitage
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hmmm...you guys must be fussy eaters. I kinda like the food at the rest stops along the highway, but I always go for the malay food, hot & spicy sedaaaap lah! Chinese food? Sorry mate, can't really help you out there...
No matter where you come from, as long as you are Human...you are an AFRICAN.

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:22 AM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

From Singapore to KL, exit Yong Peng south.
Then, heads to the town. I usually stops at newer shop houses as it is easier to park.
When you are done, you need not turn back. Just go forward and get back to NSHW using Yong Peng North toll.
If you are from KL, then it is the other way round. Can save a few RM of toll. happy.gif

No other nice pit stop along NSHW. At Malacca, you might want to branch out to Malacca.
But the damage is easily 1 hour, excluding time spend on makan.
Champion of the Champions 2016 & 2017!

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:28 AM

Tby
  • Tby
    Clutched
    Author Image

Rest and Service Area (RSA)
There are many and one of the 1st ones is Machap KM73 (heading north)

Overhead Bridge Restaurants (OBR)
There are 2, Ayer Keroh OBR KM210 and Sungai Buloh OBR KM458

If heading to KL or beyond, its better to use these 2 OBRS for meals as variety is more.

Edited by Tby, 07 November 2009 - 06:28 AM.

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:03 PM

Voodooman
  • Voodooman
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Anyone tried the beef noodle at Tangkak?

Is it worth the detour? Getting tired of the food in Melaka.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:57 PM

Rustyz
  • Premium member
    Rustyz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry to bring up this old thread, any updates from guru where or near NSHW where got good makan?

Thanks

If anyone can have it, I don't want it.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

Owner-driver
  • Owner-driver
    5th Gear
    Author Image

kajang-satay.jpg

Looks yummy-yummy

Pagoh along the north-bound more variety of food stalls than many other R & R.

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:10 PM

Extremme
  • Premium member
    Extremme
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

yong peng, you can try the restuarant bus terminal or the anthony fish noodle in the town.

Ayer Keroh, there is few cafe + fast food the overhead bridge.

Enjoy!

The food at(ayer keroh ) ayam penyet coffeestall is pretty decent at least to me.

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:41 PM

Owner-driver
  • Owner-driver
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The food at(ayer keroh ) ayam penyet coffeestall is pretty decent at least to me.

Food at other R&R along NSH to KL limited variety and does not suit my taste.

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I'll be driving in to malacca later this month... starting around 7:30am on Saturday morning.. where is good place along NS highway to stop for breakfast?  Machap R&R?

iHerb discount code - TEC163

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'll be driving in to malacca later this month... starting around 7:30am on Saturday morning.. where is good place along NS highway to stop for breakfast?  Machap R&R?

if going to malacca i will usually stop at one stop i.e. machap, but dun expect nice food from there other than the usual nasi lemak, mee soto, fried rice, etc.quickly finish and move on.

Tkseah praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

RCTP
  • Premium member
    RCTP
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Usually when go Malacca I'll stop at Yong Peng for a meal.

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users