Maken place along NS Highway

Sstar

Neutral Newbie

Hi, need to check with you guys, where is the better place for chinese food along the NSH? don't like the food stall in R& R.

1) yong peng: lots of coach stop over there, how is the food there? take the south exit or north exit?

2) Ayer keroh or Ayer hitam, can not remeber, was told there is a restaurant in the overhead bridge.

any other recommendations? Thanks

Edited by Sstar
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi, need to check with you guys, where is the better place for chinese food along the NSH? don't like the food stall in R& R.

1) yong peng: lots of coach stop over there, how is the food there? take the south exit or north exit?

2) Ayer keroh or Ayer hitam, can not remeber, was told there is a restaurant in the overhead bridge.

Thanks for the info, should take yong peng south or north exit?

If you're going north of KL then the Dengkil rest stop (northbound) is highly recommended for the Kajang Satay stall.

You will never get satay anywhere near as good in Singapore! Big huge chunky slices!

kajang-satay.jpg

• Praise 2

Along the NSH?? There is nothing edible at any of the R&R, unless you are really hungry or you exit the hwy to towns. At most I stop to pee and move on.

Neutral Newbie

Along the NSH?? There is nothing edible at any of the R&R, unless you are really hungry or you exit the hwy to towns. At most I stop to pee and move on.

Near NSH also can recommend, thanks

If you're going north of KL then the Dengkil rest stop (northbound) is highly recommended for the Kajang Satay stall.

You will never get satay anywhere near as good in Singapore! Big huge chunky slices!

Wah how much per stick ah? Had Kajang satay in PJ SS2 area....60 sen per stick....chunky sticks of meat! Cannot remeber the name of resturant...but my Msian frds brought me there....really cool...and at 60 sen i ain't complaining

Wao...!

U makes me hungry even though just after my dinner...! [:p]

Well, me will try it soon... :D

I remembered the satay is also good at the rest toll along Guthrie Corridor Express way. [wave]

But, it has been coming to 2 years me did not use that route..!

Hmmm...you guys must be fussy eaters. I kinda like the food at the rest stops along the highway, but I always go for the malay food, hot & spicy sedaaaap lah! Chinese food? Sorry mate, can't really help you out there...

From Singapore to KL, exit Yong Peng south.

Then, heads to the town. I usually stops at newer shop houses as it is easier to park.

When you are done, you need not turn back. Just go forward and get back to NSHW using Yong Peng North toll.

If you are from KL, then it is the other way round. Can save a few RM of toll. ^_^

No other nice pit stop along NSHW. At Malacca, you might want to branch out to Malacca.

But the damage is easily 1 hour, excluding time spend on makan.

Neutral Newbie

Rest and Service Area (RSA)

There are many and one of the 1st ones is Machap @ KM73 (heading north)

Overhead Bridge Restaurants (OBR)

There are 2, Ayer Keroh OBR @ KM210 and Sungai Buloh OBR @ KM458

If heading to KL or beyond, its better to use these 2 OBRS for meals as variety is more.

Edited by Tby

Sorry to bring up this old thread, any updates from guru where or near NSHW where got good makan?

Thanks

@ yong peng, you can try the restuarant @ bus terminal or the anthony fish noodle in the town.

@ Ayer Keroh, there is few cafe + fast food @ the overhead bridge.

Enjoy!

The food at(ayer keroh ) ayam penyet coffeestall is pretty decent at least to me.

Supercharged

I'll be driving in to malacca later this month... starting around 7:30am on Saturday morning.. where is good place along NS highway to stop for breakfast?  Machap R&R?

I'll be driving in to malacca later this month... starting around 7:30am on Saturday morning.. where is good place along NS highway to stop for breakfast?  Machap R&R?

if going to malacca i will usually stop at one stop i.e. machap, but dun expect nice food from there other than the usual nasi lemak, mee soto, fried rice, etc.quickly finish and move on.

• Praise 1