Buying Xbox 360 Questions

Ogima

Neutral Newbie

hello comrades,

me facing dilemma in deciding which Xbox 360 package to buy to reward my boy for doing well in his studies.

don't think will be going Xbox Live for the following reasons. below some pros & cons that i have gathered.

Xbox Arcade

1) unable to go online due to small memory size

2) not sure if HDMI enable

3) cheaper @ $350 ?

Xbox Elite

1) can go online, but cannot use wireless unless spend $100+ MS wireless adapter

2) use LAN cable will be messy....morever Xbox Live is chargeable.

3) more expensive @ $650 ?

4) Elite is backwards compatible...ie. play first generation xbox games.

is there still the 20 or 60gb Xbox Pro around ?

any bro ever play Xbox Live can comment ?

say if i want to play Halo ODST Live, do i still need to put the disc in the console ?

do not have the disc means cannot play ?

how much do i need to pay to play Live ?

how are the charges like ?

thank you in advance in helping a noob. [wave]

note : hearsay thereis a new console that support wireless coming soon & any idea if there are offers in the coming SITEX 2009 ?

Edited by Ogima
↡ Advertisement

hello comrades,

me facing dilemma in deciding which Xbox 360 package to buy to reward my boy for doing well in his studies.

don't think will be going Xbox Live for the following reasons. below some pros & cons that i have gathered.

Xbox Arcade

3) cheaper @ $350 ?

Xbox Elite

1) can go online, but cannot use wireless unless spend $100+ MS wireless adapter

say if i want to play Halo ODST Live, do i still need to put the disc in the console ?

note : hearsay thereis a new console that support wireless coming soon & any idea if there are offers in the coming SITEX 2009 ?

Bro, get PS3. Go goggle "Should I buy Xbox360 or PS3".

if dun wan go online, take arcade and buy 1 seperate 20gb in game shop they selling $40+ from old model

u can copy ur game into ur hdd which is average 7-8gb but still need use game to play, if not developer will broke.

live 1 year about $80+, by month is $10+

can mode the set,and play friendly game but if live not original

Neutral Newbie

bro Thargor & Spike,

not that type of answer that i am looking forward to lehz....nevertheless, thank you for your response [thumbsup]

Do drop buy at the PS3 thread where we have a panel of "experts" to poison u y u should get a PS3 instead of a 360 [laugh]

U no good lah..... ppl state clearly he wan Xbox360 liao.....

actually good to own 2,

360 to play ahem games which 2 platform got

ps 3 to play live and ps exclusive game

now aiming wii for my gf..

wa lao, i always at home liao,now more excuse to be at home..Zai Nan liao..hahaha

Neutral Newbie

<< actually good to own 2,>>

Eh bro Freestyle,

you lagi jiak lat lehz...buy two somemore <_<

OK OK people, let's not OT hor bo !?! already prefer Xbox to PS liaoz. its a matter of which package should i buy.

hearsay again, better not buy pre-owned units.....right from the service guy's mouth.

Xbox Live costs S$88 per year. For the latest games, you need the game disc to play. There are some classic games which you can purchase as a software download and do not require the disc. If I'm not wrong, the original Halo is one such game.

If you buy original Elite, you should still get complementary 1-month Live subscription, unless there is change in policy. The interesting part is you can create a few accounts, and each account will receive that same complementary 1-month subscription. Well, when I bought mine, I heard it was 5 accounts, but I actually used up only 3 because I decided to go permanent with the GamerTag that I chose. So, you don't have to subscribe to Live immediately, but can try out for free. Do choose the gamertag properly though.

hello comrades,

I guess you already chosen xbox as your choice of gaming platform. To answer your questions

Xbox Arcade

1) unable to go online due to small memory size.

Ans: Are you talking about the HDD size? Dont think that is a factor. It is more of whether u subscribe to xbox live or not. You can buy the HDD seperately.

Ans: If you are talking about HD gaming, yes, it is HD enabled but there is no provision for HDMI cable. But you can buy the component cable and select to HD settings in your panel.

3) cheaper @ $350 ?

Ans: Not sure about price now but definitely cheaper than the elite and pro version.

Xbox Elite

Ans: Yes correct, or u can hardwire the connection to your modem/router.

Ans: Yes, Live is $88 per yr

Ans: Elite is the best one. Black one correct? Most exp but dono price.

Ans: Not really. Whether pro or arcarde or elite should be able to play old xbox games.

Ans: There should be. They bundle with the HDD which costs about $50?

Ans: Good servers quite stable and download quite fast. Got those old arcade games like golden axe, delta force and demos and trailers etc. Better than PSN, but PSN also catching up

Ans: Yes i believe u need to.

Ans: No cannot. Unless u buy over Xbox Live and play.

Ans: Yes. $88 per year. PSN is free.

Ans: Not that i heard of. I know they are trying to slash prices further.

Hope this helps

As some bros mention, y don get PS3. Most value for money blu-ray and gaming platform. Visit the PS3 threads for more info.[:p]

Edited by Skylander

hello comrades,

Xbox Arcade

3) cheaper @ $350 ?

Xbox Elite

Buy PS3 better else get a good PC, skip the xbox360....

Only 2 good things about xbox360 are it plays ahem disc and most games are 1080p.

Given a choice, I still lean towards PC.

Xbox Arcade

New Jasper set is HDMI enabled: use HDMI cable.

Pricing:

Modded Arcade $419, Elite $579; 20gb harddrive $60.

Non-modded, check the stores.

FYI: New Elite with 2 free games cannot be soft modded.

Important: I do not sell these consoles, just sharing info.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

thank you people for your valuable inputs/suggestion.

i did my fair share of research for the differences between the Xbox models. a good readup for those intending to get one this holiday. see link below.

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-is-the-Differ...Xbox-360-Models

also, i recalled reading a cat. when they are still selling the Arcade/Pro/Elite, that only the latter two is backward compatible....however, again from the following link, looks like NOT all games. i may be wrong.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardco...tygameslist.htm

check this afternoon, courts selling the Elite @ $499 with two free games. not sure if the price will go down further ? understand that US have launched in Nov 2009, a 250GB Super Elite together with the game Call of Duty Modern Warefare 2. google it [:)]

from what i have read, this price will be around SGD650...but with 02 wireless controllers + either the Forza3 or the CODMW2. my take is, IF i spend $499 (Elite console set) + $70 (2nd controller) + $70 (01 premium game) = $640 now.....it makes better sense to wait for the arrival of this Super Elite. but problem is when ? school exams just ended with holidays around the corner. any bro have ideas of when this will reach singapore shores ?

finally, someone told me that it is better to use wired controller than the wireless for driving games as our hands or even whole body will swing during the game & wireless maybe out of range !?! do we necessary point the wireless controller at the console at all time during game play ?

appreciate any experience members' comments & input. [gossip]

for now, i will take the Elite over the Arcade. [wave]

p.s forget to add....surely now most if not ALL, the sets from bigger retail shop are Jasper ? unable to see the rating as it is fully boxed.

Edited by Ogima

yah this super elite i also dono when they will launch. Aiyah by the time they launch, xbox720 already lah..... [laugh]

as for the controller wise, u mean they still bundle the wired controller? i thought no more liao? I wired controller the problem is i find too short. If your tv those 50" type, ho seh liao...... sit too near make eyes groggy.... [crazy] The wireless wont go out of range one. Unless u play the racing game until u go berserk and go until behind the console. :D no need to point the controller, it can cover a wide range.

the wireless only thing is the battery. u either buy the xbox batt or rechargeable batt but need constantly to change (depending on your usage). Anyway, i cant find any shops selling the wired controller nowsadays.

↡ Advertisement