Pre-2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GD & GE Series)

Thugstercena

Neutral Newbie

One set of 4 pcs window Visor for Fit / Jazz to go at $30 (pre-own). It was taken down after short period and change to Mugen type.

9.6.6.1.9.6.1.5 Mr.Ram

Edited by Mytechcom

Sorry to hijack, (new here)

I'm intending to buy a new car for next year due to family needs. I'm having a hard time deciding between jazz or fit!

I've spent the whole day looking through the forum and carmart and I'm still caught in between both models. Personally I prefer the 1.5 version.

Is there anyone who can give me any pointers?

Much appreciated

• Praise 2

I'm intending to buy a new car for next year due to family needs. I'm having a hard time deciding between jazz or fit!

I've spent the whole day looking through the forum and carmart and I'm still caught in between both models. Personally I prefer the 1.5 version.

Much appreciated

My mum has been driving the facelift jazz model 1.5L for 3 years.

Omv is high at 23K. Fit is for 1.3L.

A pair of front fog lights gives it a much sportier look over the 1.3L.

Aircon is also digital.

Despite the higher horse power for the 1.5L over the 1.3L, i've driven the 1.3L

Before and found it to b adequate. .

• Praise 2

Much appreciated

My mum has been driving the facelift jazz model 1.5L for 3 years.

Omv is high at 23K. Fit is 11-13K for 1.3L.

A pair of front fog lights gives it a much sportier look over the 1.3L.

Aircon is also digital.

Despite the higher horse power for the 1.5L over the 1.3L, i've driven the 1.3L

Before and found it to b adequate. .

Brought two air filter for my Honda jazz. But got it wrong as mine is a old Honda jazz idsi model, the air filter I purchase is for new honda jazz / fit GE model.

Selling them off for $15per pieces or both for $28. OEM paper filter.

SMS 91285080, simply pop open your Bonent , locate the air intake box and open up to replace the filter element.

• Praise 1

Guys i just brought a 07 Honda Fit GD 1 not long ago, recently i charge a phone using the cigarette lighter, i observe that the phone was not charging after awhile. then i notice my steering is not as hard as before.

when i on the car, the steering light and battery is lighting up, could it be the battery going to up lorry soon?

Im having a amaron battery, not sure how to check the date, the previous owner/dealer must have taken out the label.

i read from other forum that it could be alternator up lorry as well.

any brother can advise how to check the alternator as well? TIA

• Praise 2

Supercharged

when i on the car, the steering light and battery is lighting up, could it be the battery going to up lorry soon?

any brother can advise how to check the alternator as well? TIA

unless you wanna buy batt/alternator tester,

else go workshop with said tester to test...

• Praise 1

after i change my battery, the steering is still feel heavy, sign.... i nearly lost control of the car when i negotiate a bend today.

the turning is not very stiff, but it just not as light before, anyone repair their EPS before and how much it cost?

Hi, Im new to the forum and considering getting a second hand Fit (2009 onwards).

I can't find any threads that specifically talk about Honda Fit Problems and what to note when buying second hand Fits.

Appreciate if anyone can offer me your opinions, or even state the problems here so everyone can learn from each other.

Of course, I understand the individual experience varies.. but I need some opinions before throwing in the money...

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

2 quick little questions:

1. I'm looking at buying a (2nd hand) Honda Jazz or Fit and see that their names have those letters at the back, e.g:
    1. Honda Fit 1.3A
    2. Honda Fit 1.3A G
    3. Honda Fit 1.3A GF
    4. ​Honda Jazz 1.3A

Can anyone tell me what they mean?
  2. Secondly, how do you differentiate between a 1st generation and a 2nd generation Honda Jazz/Fit?

Thanks!

• Praise 2

Hi, can I check if the petrol tank capacity for honda fit GE6 1.3 auto is 42L ?

And, when low petrol warning indicator lights up...how much petrol is left ??

Yes 42L.

6-8L. I am able to pump 34-36L when light just on. pump till max, not auto-click stop.

• Praise 2

Hi. check engine light is on after pumping petrol. google say likely is due to loose fuel gap. i tightened it already but still lights up.

Any suggestion what should i do?

• Praise 2

Much appreciated

Since Jazz and Fit are basically the same car, all from Japan factory, you may want to consider the following:

1) reliability and trust of authorized agent (Kah Motor) or PIs, which you prefer?

2) Do u need more power? 1.5L is quite powerful, but 1.3L at almost 100BHP for a 1000kg car is quite more than enough (KM Jazz also have 1.3L version). More powerful engine means more cost, higher rd tax/insurance and more depreciation per yr

3) Do u need or want all the nice to have gadgets (paddle shift, build in navigation, etc) and aesthetic features authorized agent provide? All these also means more cost and higher depreciation

4) servicing, warranty and freebies, you may want to compare what Kah Motor and PIs are offering

Jazz/Fit is a great reliable car. Good choice you've made :)

• Praise 2

Since Jazz and Fit are basically the same car, all from Japan factory, you may want to consider the following:

1) reliability and trust of authorized agent (Kah Motor) or PIs, which you prefer?

2) Do u need more power? 1.5L is quite powerful, but 1.3L at almost 100BHP for a 1000kg car is quite more than enough (KM Jazz also have 1.3L version). More powerful engine means more cost, higher rd tax/insurance and more depreciation per yr

3) Do u need or want all the nice to have gadgets (paddle shift, build in navigation, etc) and aesthetic features authorized agent provide? All these also means more cost and higher depreciation

4) servicing, warranty and freebies, you may want to compare what Kah Motor and PIs are offering

Jazz/Fit is a great reliable car. Good choice you've made :)

1.3 and 1.5 are a big difference in road performance, not just for additional features like paddle shifters and bigger rims. Running cost for the 1.5 is not that much higher than the 1.3 but the performance is a big difference. If you tested the pick up for both cars, you understand what i mean.

I have no doubt 1.5L performance is good, but the cost is higher.

- the depreciation for a 1.5L Jazz is about $9500/yr. 1.3L Jazz (KM) or Fit (PI) is about $9200 or even lower. That is $300 or more per yr difference

- Road tax is $100/yr more for 1.5L

- insurance premium is likely more for 1.5L than a 1.3L

- FC may also varies (although it depends alot on how you drive)

Both 1.5L and 1.3L are equally reliable, I think both can run till 150000 to 200000km and still ok with regular maintenance and upkeeping at decent cost. If you are using this as a family car or leisure car, and concern about the cost, 1.3L may be the version to seriously consider. Otherwise, 1.5L is tempting.

Just realize that PI Fit doesn't have traction control, cruise control and using 5 speed auto gear box while KM 1.5 and 1.3 both have and using CVT. I will prefer CVT. These are taken from sgcarmart. Not sure how true. Can check with PIs when you test drive.

Edited by SWUBIZ
↡ Advertisement