Pre-2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GD & GE Series)

Thugstercena

I have no doubt 1.5L performance is good, but the cost is higher.

- the depreciation for a 1.5L Jazz is about $9500/yr. 1.3L Jazz (KM) or Fit (PI) is about $9200 or even lower. That is $300 or more per yr difference

- Road tax is $100/yr more for 1.5L

- insurance premium is likely more for 1.5L than a 1.3L

- FC may also varies (although it depends alot on how you drive)

Both 1.5L and 1.3L are equally reliable, I think both can run till 150000 to 200000km and still ok with regular maintenance and upkeeping at decent cost. If you are using this as a family car or leisure car, and concern about the cost, 1.3L may be the version to seriously consider. Otherwise, 1.5L is tempting.

Just realize that PI Fit doesn't have traction control, cruise control and using 5 speed auto gear box while KM 1.5 and 1.3 both have and using CVT. I will prefer CVT. These are taken from sgcarmart. Not sure how true. Can check with PIs when you test drive.

For 10 years, difference in depre ($3k) and road tax ($1k) are quite negligible. Paddle shifters can be useful when you want to do a fast overtaking by dropping one gear. CVT has its pros and cons, the good thing is that you don't feel jerkiness during gear change like in conventional auto cars when you do fast acceleration. The downside is of course wear and tear. 

↡ Advertisement

Jazz 1.5 is direct injection.

It's a cheap implementation vs those ex German cars.

Get the 1.3

Current BMW technology and many luxury German car makes use direct injection engine for better fuel economy these days, not just Honda. If you think direct injection is bad, then you are largely criticising German car technology.

Hi guys, I am planning to buy 2008 Honda Fit 1.3 auto for my sibling to travel daily from point a to point b. Anything to look out for when buying this model? Can fuel consumption hit more than 10km/l?

Currently driving Civic FD for myself but fuel consumption is only 8km/l so don't think its suitable for him to take over. 

• Praise 1

Hi guys, I am planning to buy 2008 Honda Fit 1.3 auto for my sibling to travel daily from point a to point b. Anything to look out for when buying this model? Can fuel consumption hit more than 10km/l?

Currently driving Civic FD for myself but fuel consumption is only 8km/l so don't think its suitable for him to take over. 

You mean this?

GE08RS350-02.jpg

My previous car was this 2nd gen Fit.

Fuel consumption is roughly from 12-13km/l.

Pretty good fuel saving car and almost problem free car.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

left how many years? 

• Praise 1

Hi.im new to this. I am getting a Honda Fit 1.3A G. COE car. Can i know the pros and cons in getting this vehicle. I have never kwn a car nefore. This will ne my first car.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

You mean this?

My previous car was this 2nd gen Fit.

Fuel consumption is roughly from 12-13km/l.

Pretty good fuel saving car and almost problem free car.  [thumbsup]

am getting about the same FC with my new shuttle 1.5G petrol ...

Hi.im new to this. I am getting a Honda Fit 1.3A G. COE car. Can i know the pros and cons in getting this vehicle. I have never kwn a car nefore. This will ne my first car.

Pros: fuel efficient, easy to maintain and almost problem free, boot space spacious compared to competitors of its class, many cup holders, a lot of internal space with rear seats fold down, easy to park

Cons: not spacious enough for big sized people, no rear air con, no digital clock, noisy engine, tall body makes inertia body lean at turnings, front headlights easily turn yellowish fog

Cos im getting a COE car. Means after 10 years. So how about the maintenance wise. Do I still need to go for servicing every 10K km.

• Praise 1

Cos im getting a COE car. Means after 10 years. So how about the maintenance wise. Do I still need to go for servicing every 10K km.

It would be good to get a mechanic to check the brake pads/shoes, engine mount, change engine oil, gear oil and filters. Maintenance is just like our three meal lah! You take care of it, it will serve you well!

• Praise 1

For my previous Fit, I will take it for maintenance for every 10k km to have a peace of mind.

Somemore yours is a COE car. Better to maintain it for lesser problems later. You cannot run away from normal wear and tear issues.

For my previous Fit, I will take it for maintenance for every 10k km to have a peace of mind.

Somemore yours is a COE car. Better to maintain it for lesser problems later. You cannot run away from normal wear and tear issues.

Thanks. Will send for maintenance regularly for better performance.
  • Praise 1

Hi. Im a bit noob here. Can i know once u have purchased a car, what documents will u need to check? I bought a COE car.

• Praise 2

Current BMW technology and many luxury German car makes use direct injection engine for better fuel economy these days, not just Honda. If you think direct injection is bad, then you are largely criticising German car technology.

Read my post carefully
  • Praise 1

Read my post carefully

How does Honda's "cheap implementation" of direct injection pale in comparison to German technology's direct injection when it comes to making the engine fuel efficient? Care to explain?
↡ Advertisement