All New Volvo S60

Blackseal

Just under a year ago Volvo released the first images of the S60 Concept car before its debut at the 2009 North American International Auto Show. Signaling an imminent reveal, a few teaser articles filtered through recently, and finally today we have these official pictures of the luxury sedan.

"The all-new Volvo S60 is sculpted to move you," says Stephen Odell, President and CEO of Volvo Cars. "It looks and drives like no other Volvo before and the car's technology will help you to be safer and more confident behind the wheel."

One of the car's biggest selling points is called the Pedestrian Detection system which as the name implies, can detect pedestrians and apply brakes automatically should the driver fail to do so in time.

"Our aim for 2020 is that no-one should be killed or seriously injured in a Volvo," said Volvo Senior Safety Advisor Thomas Broberg previously regarding the brand's overall safety strategy.

Nothing was said about engines but it can be safely assumed that turbocharging will still play a significant role. Plug-in hybrid vehicles have also been testing.

The all-new S60 will be publically unveiled at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show followed by the start of production in the summer.

Just hot from the oven...this is the official production version..Enjoy !

Perhaps a Soon to be China brand car. Nice though but I prefer the more classic looking Volvo.

Regards,

Perhaps a Soon to be China brand car. Nice though but I prefer the more classic looking Volvo.

Regards,

agree. Front looks a bit too bubbly.

But somehow, this cars reminds me of the XC60 which is freaking damn sweeeee. =DDDDDD

same thoughts, its swee and modern but will it lose its identity ? lloks like it came out of kimchi land ...

I think Volvo's knows that if they were to sell cars in volume...they have to appeal to the younger crowd....and the first thing is not to have ah pek designs....I think they are following Mercedes recent design policy.....

i think it looks very sporty...way to go.

but it is likely to cost much like a beemer 3 series.

It will surely cost more than the 3 series(except maybe the 335).

but I'm loving this!

And might even get it in its "brownish orange" color.

:D:D:D

Neutral Newbie

[rolleyes]

IMO , it's quite nice and I like it . Hope the price also nice as in cheaper since it's taken over by Geely ..

hehe.....dun think price will drop even if Geely going to take over....Geely knows that its diff market altogether.

might go up instead with its reworking of new design. [rolleyes]