• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
173 replies to this topic | 264 praises

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

Ericongy
  • Premium member
    Ericongy
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

when i bought my car, i bought the keyless version coz i tink its a new technology n interesting to have..
After using it for a while, this is wad i tink:-

pros:-
when taking alot of stuff, dunit to find my key, juz poke any finger in n door open.
eehh... nothing else i can tink of..

cons:-
1k more den the normal version
only given one keyless key.. (the other one is juz a key, dun even have remote control)
expensive to duplicate, abt $500-$700.... imagine if i lost my key... heavy damage
when i lock my door, by pressing the button, i cant double confirm it's locked, coz once my fingers is in, the door open, so have to chk the back door (make me feel like ah gong)

i feel i have pay more to have more trouble.. haiz..
I am Banned but I am not banned

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:53 AM

Icyfreakass
  • Premium member
    Icyfreakass
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

For mine the mirrors will fold when i lock it. Perhaps u could look for some signs to show if its locked.
Visit our one-stop bulbstore at the sponsor's thread.!!!!

Tons of pictures added.(page 27)
Go to last page for new products.

New DRLs are in.--->
http://www.mycarforu...o...2970&st=580
Pg29 for installed pics.

---------------------------

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:27 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mine is after-market keyless alarm from Soxxi. No need to press button or anything, just walk near the car and it unlocks. Walk away and it locks with blinkers and alarm horn sounded. It came with two immobaliser so if I lost one, still got one more. thumbsup.gif But I rather get them to re-do the alarm if I ever lost it cos anyone can just drive my car away. biggrin.gif

The only thing abt it is if I am near my car after it locks, it will keep unlock and then lock itself with the blinkers on. Ppl tot my car going crazy. So I will move far away from my car after it locks or park it far away. biggrin.gif
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:47 AM

KoseiWish
  • Premium member
    KoseiWish
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Mine is after-market keyless alarm from Soxxi. No need to press button or anything, just walk near the car and it unlocks. Walk away and it locks with blinkers and alarm horn sounded. It came with two immobaliser so if I lost one, still got one more. thumbsup.gif But I rather get them to re-do the alarm if I ever lost it cos anyone can just drive my car away. biggrin.gif

The only thing abt it is if I am near my car after it locks, it will keep unlock and then lock itself with the blinkers on. Ppl tot my car going crazy. So I will move far away from my car after it locks or park it far away. biggrin.gif

Bro ...ask a bit here..how far the distance between you and your car...the system proximity function..
how much the damage..
antenna location may I know..
Thanks.. sunny.gif

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:58 AM

Picanto
i read that its about 70m

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:06 AM

Yattokame
  • Premium member
    Yattokame
    6th Gear
    Author Image

When I was staying in Japan I had a car with keyless function, and if my car was not locked as I walked away, I will get an sms (email) on my mobile phone to tell me it's not locked.

And for the longest time I couldn't lock it properly so I was doing 4x10m shuttle runs like IPPT.

I'd still go with the manual controls.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:10 AM

KoseiWish
  • Premium member
    KoseiWish
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

70m maybe far..can it be set to nearer or possible..
Then if let say u go for filling up at a station..went for payment still unlock..SG still ok..MY not ok..

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:23 AM

Picanto

70m maybe far..can it be set to nearer or possible..
Then if let say u go for filling up at a station..went for payment still unlock..SG still ok..MY not ok..

i think different brands will have different operating range. better consult the experts as its beyond my knowledge.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:37 AM

Leepee
  • Leepee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Other car have to manually press the remote button to lock the car. If you feel stupid to press the door handle to lock it, then just do the Normal way by pressing the remote or use the metal key to lock the door.

You have many choice with the keyless keys. Don't feel sad.
++++++++++++++++++
+ I am handsome hor! +
++++++++++++++++++

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:50 AM

Wllim
  • Wllim
    Clutched
    Author Image

If you want keyless with big damage... go Nissan!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

Leepee
  • Leepee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Why big damage with nissan?
I think it's great that all nissan has the keyless feature as standard.

What damage?
++++++++++++++++++
+ I am handsome hor! +
++++++++++++++++++

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:35 AM

Digthis1
  • Premium member
    Digthis1
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Disadvantage is what if your family members or mrs just wanna go open the car to put or take something? Say I sitting in a coffee shop near the parked car - for conventionally alram users - I can just take out remote and press "unlock"

For this keyless entry - cannot rite?

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:42 AM

Icyfreakass
  • Premium member
    Icyfreakass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Some of them has manual buttons.
Visit our one-stop bulbstore at the sponsor's thread.!!!!

Tons of pictures added.(page 27)
Go to last page for new products.

New DRLs are in.--->
http://www.mycarforu...o...2970&st=580
Pg29 for installed pics.

---------------------------

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:14 PM

Picanto

Why big damage with nissan?
I think it's great that all nissan has the keyless feature as standard.

What damage?

maybe he nissan hater

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:29 PM

Goldeneye
  • Premium member
    Goldeneye
    Clutched
    Author Image

keyless is good so far... even got manual fail-safe just in-case the keyless electronics go abit hur.gif ...
no real downside...

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:36 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

there is nothing wrong w Nissan keyless.

you can do manual lock/unlock via buttons. in case battery fails, u can detach the key and open manually

otherwise, u can just put the keyless device in your pocket.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

Tweakmax2
  • Tweakmax2
    Banned

any idea for Nissan.... anyone got any problem using keyless key/

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:46 PM

Fkadir
  • Fkadir
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Mitsubishi keyless rocks too. No downsides that I can think of.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:50 AM

Wllim
  • Wllim
    Clutched
    Author Image

If you want keyless with big damage... go Nissan!

It should be without :)

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:18 AM

Lex250
  • Lex250
    4th Gear
    Author Image

For mine the mirrors will fold when i lock it. Perhaps u could look for some signs to show if its locked.

bro...this feature of automatically folding not stock rite?
“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: thing, with, keyless

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users