The thing with keyless...

Ericongy

For mine the mirrors will fold when i lock it. Perhaps u could look for some signs to show if its locked.

bro...this feature of automatically folding not stock rite?

Bro ...ask a bit here..how far the distance between you and your car...the system proximity function..

how much the damage..

antenna location may I know..

Thanks.. [sunny]

U can set the proximity distance. When installing, just let the installer know what distance u want to set.

Disadvantage is what if your family members or mrs just wanna go open the car to put or take something? Say I sitting in a coffee shop near the parked car - for conventionally alram users - I can just take out remote and press "unlock"

For this keyless entry - cannot rite?

There is a button to manually lock and unlock the car also. Using the same button, u can activate or de-activate the keyless function. This is useful when u send ur car for servicing or polishing and the other party dont know how to use such keyless function or u dont want him to know u have a keyless function.

When I was staying in Japan I had a car with keyless function, and if my car was not locked as I walked away, I will get an sms (email) on my mobile phone to tell me it's not locked.

And for the longest time I couldn't lock it properly so I was doing 4x10m shuttle runs like IPPT.

I'd still go with the manual controls.

For mine, when any doors not closed properly and the transponder is not within range, it will sound its alarm and lights.

There should be some indications when you lock and unlock your

car. For mine is blinkers and sound. One beep means lock, two

beeps means unlock.

Keyless is definitely a great function to have. Would like to have it

for our my future cars too. [thumbsup]

My previous ride had keyless, i think it's almost a standard feature now for most japanese rides. now my ride is a renault, no keyless entry.. Only push start button. It's abit of a hassle i find, when in the past, I just had to go near and it unlocks already. Now need to take out the key from my pocket, especially troublesome when hands are tied. same thing with leaving the car.

And if i'm not wrong, my current car needs to be unlocked first before i can freely open my boot from the button near the rear number plate.. :(

no complains with suzuki keyless

the spare key comes with the keyless feature too.

there will be a click sound to lock/unlock. to double confirm whether locked, either try opening the door or look at the red locked signal light.

Neutral Newbie

Mine is after-market keyless alarm from Soxxi. No need to press button or anything, just walk near the car and it unlocks. Walk away and it locks with blinkers and alarm horn sounded. It came with two immobaliser so if I lost one, still got one more. [thumbsup] But I rather get them to re-do the alarm if I ever lost it cos anyone can just drive my car away. :D

The only thing abt it is if I am near my car after it locks, it will keep unlock and then lock itself with the blinkers on. Ppl tot my car going crazy. So I will move far away from my car after it locks or park it far away. :D

use the manual lock function by pressing the transponder once.

There's one downside about all these remote locking and keyless stuffs. Happened to my previous ride, the relay to the locking mechanism on driver door spolit. When alarm armed, all doors are locked except the driver's door. God knows how long my door had been left unlocked had my OC didn't assumed I had already disarm the alarm.

There's one downside about all these remote locking and keyless stuffs. Happened to my previous ride, the relay to the locking mechanism on driver door spolit. When alarm armed, all doors are locked except the driver's door. God knows how long my door had been left unlocked had my OC didn't assumed I had already disarm the alarm.

Its like that de lah. This is technology. It helps you if it works; kills u if everything fails

Hi all,

Anyone own the after market keyless? e.g. Singtech etc.

Can share the experience, good or bad one.

Regards

I have a aftermarket keyless alarm installed. It suppose to sense the transponder within range of 2m and unlock itself. Once I'm at JB petrol station and I left the key (transponder) inside the car and it went to lock it by itself. [bigcry]

Never trust keyless anymore, I rather use manual from the transponder. [thumbsdown]

rgds

now they integrating the immobiliser of the car to the driver's handphone...

i think the keyless only works well if there is a button on the door handle...you must still press to lock or unlock.

the versions which doesn't require you to touch any button is not really safe...read a UK car magazine that when this person wanted to travel overseas, he called for pick-up service from his car brand, so that when he was overseas for 3 days, he could also service the car at the same time.

it was only when he checked in that he realised that he still had the keyless car keys with him. but somehow or rather, the driver had already driven off without the car keys with him. the car did show a warning sign on the dash that there wasn't any key, but that still didn't stop the car from moving. the pick-up driver could still drive the car without the keys!

same for Richard hammond in Topgear when they were filming in USA...his Dodge Challenger had this keyless system. His car was parked more than 1m away, but Jeremy Clarkson could still get in the car, start it and drive it to the middle of the road, blocking motorist...

it all depends la i guess...

I have a aftermarket keyless alarm installed. It suppose to sense the transponder within range of 2m and unlock itself. Once I'm at JB petrol station and I left the key (transponder) inside the car and it went to lock it by itself. [bigcry]

Never trust keyless anymore, I rather use manual from the transponder. [thumbsdown]

rgds

Wow, in the end, how u manage to get in?

↡ Advertisement