The thing with keyless...

Ericongy

any idea for Nissan.... anyone got any problem using keyless key/

Using nissan keyless for 6 months liao. Very happy with that.

Its a normal remote + key + keyless function all in one nice device.

↡ Advertisement

r u sticking w TC for each engine oil change??

do u know if TC allows me to opt for engine oil change only? coz i dont want to pay for the package F.

my fc is now better...avg 11-12km/l after 10k and 3rd engine oil change compare to last time of 9-10km/l.

r u sticking w TC for each engine oil change??

do u know if TC allows me to opt for engine oil change only? coz i dont want to pay for the package F.

my fc is now better...avg 11-12km/l after 10k and 3rd engine oil change compare to last time of 9-10km/l.

Yes, still sticking with TC, currently still within the 3 free servicings. Car juz passed the 10K mileage.

Whats package F? Will they void warranty if I go out and do an equivalent of package F?

package F is just some vehicle point check.

oh ya they called me, they only offer packages, dont have simply change engine oil service..

package F is just some vehicle point check.

oh ya they called me, they only offer packages, dont have simply change engine oil service..

I c..

Nyway, ur QQ's FC is good!

I'm only getting between 10-11km/l. 60% highway + slightly heavy foot (always first or 2nd car off the red-light [laugh] ).

Keyless cars are convenient, but can lead to a deadly error

[NEW YORK] It seems like a common convenience in a digital age: a car that can be powered on and off with the push of a button, rather than the mechanical turning of a key. But it is a convenience that can have a deadly effect.

On a summer morning last year, Fred Schaub drove his Toyota RAV4 into the garage attached to his Florida home and went into the house with the wireless key fob, evidently believing the car was shut off. Twenty-nine hours later, he was found dead, overcome with carbon monoxide that flooded his home while he slept.

“After 75 years of driving, my father thought that when he took the key with him when he left the car, the car would be off,” said Mr Schaub’s son Doug.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/transport/keyless-cars-are-convenient-but-can-lead-to-a-deadly-error

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Even keyless you still need to press the button to turn off the engine lo, took the key off when left the car doesnt mean the engine would turn off itself la.

haha ya

auto start stop you take your foot off the brake the engine will start again liao

push start stop is the definitive way to turn off the engine for good

the article anyhow link to technology...I dunno any car that will turn off engine automatically when u just walk away with the key fob

this feature does not exist in the first place, anyhowly attribute sia

I align with below:

I'm pretty sure that if the engine has stopped automatically as soon as you open the drivers door or take off your seatbelt the stop/start function gets disabled. It certainly does in my normal-keyed E91 anyway and is what is described on the BMW website here; http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/technology/tech...

Once I open the door, engine goes off

IMO the keyless system is bad.

1. I have no idea how to turn ignition on without turning on the engine.

2. I have to change my key battery every 6 months to a year.

3. You cannot start your car if the battery is dead. The physical key only opens the door.

There was once even my physical key could not open the door.

3. You cannot start your car if the battery is dead. The physical key only opens the door.

My key after 5yrs then change

Dunno why so much resistance to new tech

My key after 5yrs then change

Dunno why so much resistance to new tech

Because new doesn't mean good.  [;)]

Take the electronic hand brakes for an example. If your car brakes fail, you can still use the normal handbrake and slow down. With electronic hand brakes you only can wait for the engine brakes to kick in.

Also the start stop system. 

Not all new tech is good/useful. 

As for me , no such issues and into the 4th car with the new tech embed

Gets better

keyless system is SO convenient! I quite like it. until the key battery dies...happened to me when driving my family's nissan note a few months back. They provide the physical key to unlock the door (presumably in expectation of such scenario) but I cannot understand why there is no way for the physical key to start the car as well :a-bang:

↡ Advertisement