Wat polishing machine to buy for DIY grooming???

Tanly

Neutral Newbie

Can I chk with DIY groomers on wat kind of polishing machine groomers here use? Do you use those amatuer cig lighter socker plug in types or thoses AC powered professional grinders?

My experience with a cheapo <$50 buffing machine was that the speed was not fast enough and the machine did not last (Think used less than 30 hours and the machine died)

Oso where to buy those polishing compounds and wax in bigger bottles???

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Can I chk with DIY groomers on wat kind of polishing machine groomers here use? Do you use those amatuer cig lighter socker plug in types or thoses AC powered professional grinders?

My experience with a cheapo <$50 buffing machine was that the speed was not fast enough and the machine did not last (Think used less than 30 hours and the machine died)

hello TS,

i have a USED & Working Makita 9227C (230VAC) buffing machine & a whole box of polishing compound & accessories to rid off @ $200. according to Benny, this is the usual reliable set for DIY. these belong to a ungrateful chap who uses my premises without paying rent & run road [furious]

contact me via PM if you are keen. thks

Edited by Ogima

To add in..This machine 9227 Bro Ogima is selling is in working condition..I have seen it.. [thumbsup]

This is good for those upgrading from DA to rotary machine..I wont recommend for newbie to used..

Edited by Maddriver

Neutral Newbie

Why need bigger bottle? You might have applied too much product. I have lots of Meguiars #82, can PM me i you want some to try, bring your own bottle.

Neutral Newbie

thank you guys for showing your interest via PMs for this USED Makita 9227C.

i run into difficulty replying to all the PMs & in order not to spam this thread with replies, i have listed the Makita 9227C in the Garage Sale Misc. section.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2645228

thank you for your interest.

note : the buffer itself is selling for $200. the rest are given FOC.

Neutral Newbie

hi guys, i was thinking of getting a polishing machine...what u guys recommend, how about the black & decker KP600? anywhere can get it cheaply, anyone can please enlighten me, really appreciate. thanks

Where to buy these polishers.

Actually I'm looking for a polisher for my kitchen granite worktop but reckon a car polisher would do the job.

What about spare where to buy buffing pads?

Not possible bro..the biggest pad is 8 inches..may takes u a week to polish up the kitchen

Twincharged

its not about the speed of spinning.... its whether the thing can spin or not when you are forcing it down on your carbody.

those that use the cig-lighter sockets bo-lat one .... just press down only, cannot spin liow !! bought one from Autobacs, used once and then throw donno where liow ....

Bought the GEX 270AE from bro Wailyc. Looking for advice on where to get the cutting / polishing pads for this machine. Thanks.

Bought the GEX 270AE from bro Wailyc. Looking for advice on where to get the cutting / polishing pads for this machine. Thanks.

I have some 6inch lc pads...let me know if u keen

I have some 6inch lc pads...let me know if u keen

Bro, I current have 2 LC tangerine, 2 LC finishing pad and 1 wool pad. Which pad is missing from this set? Looking at removing light oxidization, water spots, swirls and polishing.

Neutral Newbie

I strongly advise you use an Orbital or dual action type polishing machine if you are not familiar with machine polishing, its easy to use and minimise swirls if you are not familiar with machine polishing. Also, being familiar with the pads you need to use for different applications is very important. Cutting requires a low PPI sponge pad and gloss finish a high PPI(pores per square inch). Make sure you test the polish you are using in a small area(lower part of the rear bumper etc...) before you start on the most visible areas of your car e.g. the bonnet, roof or boot lid. I am not sure how familiar you are with polishing or waxing techniques, just remember that preparation is the most important part before you start applying your polish or wax.

Edited by Rewired

Neutral Newbie

For a beginner, definitely a random orbital as it's more forgiving and you're less likely to make a mistake with little no no chance or burning through your paint.

If you want to do any sort paint correction, 12V cigarette lighter is useless. If fact, you'd need something with at least 600-900 watt motor so that it doesn't bog down under pressure. Look into Das-6 Pro, Buff Daddy, Meguiars g220 or Concours 900. Good value for money machines with good correction ability.

If money is no object, then I would not hesitate to say Rupes Big Foot.

For similar money and a those with abit more experience, Flex 3401 VRG. A professional grade machine which will not disappoint

↡ Advertisement