polishing machine grooming

• Search this thread
28 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

Davidcks
  • Premium member
    Davidcks
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

so using those 12V cigarette lighter type are useless?? Those who DIY at their HDB car park, no choice but to hand polish?? Any suggestion?

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

Crazybugger
  • Premium member
    Crazybugger
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

yeah soft 99 stuff rocks ... i used to use AUTHENTIC paste wax

since i got the RO, so far i tried only Formula 1 carnauba wax ... looks good! but it don't last leh

i got too many car to wax la - my 2 cars, sister car, father car.... do by hand, shack la ... back pain la ... i old man leh sweatdrop.gif

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

Vivant511
  • Vivant511
    2nd Gear

Oh good, you're familiar with Soft99 products...was going to suggest as its VERY good, but just more expensive.

Then easy solution...don't wax!

There is a spray sealant twin set from ArtDeShine also sold at Autobacs. First spray on sealant, wipe off, the spray on hydrophobic water repellant, wipe off. Easier than eating rice biggrin.gif

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

Vivant511
  • Vivant511
    2nd Gear

so using those 12V cigarette lighter type are useless?? Those who DIY at their HDB car park, no choice but to hand polish?? Any suggestion?

Yes, I would render them useless for attempting paint correction, that is to level the clear and remove scratches.

Although, you can use them to lightly polish and bring back some gloss or to apply glazes and fill in scratches with a finishing pad.

Can't do much more as when you apply a bit of pressure, they will stop orbiting which prevents them from doing anything useful but spreading product around

Edited by Vivant511, 29 May 2013 - 10:21 PM.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor

Yo bro David..

Agreed with Vivantt511..unless you are looking to do some correction then forget about those ciggi type..this are fine with wax or sealant application or maybe a white polishing pad with an AIO..remember to use the correct pads for different products.

Alternatively..you can get an ac converter or a small generator for a DA..You might wana check with HDB for the electrical supply..Some folks told me you could rent it.

Edited by Maddriver, 30 May 2013 - 07:49 AM.

Website Duragloss Car Care products
Website Optimum Car Care products

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

Davidcks
  • Premium member
    Davidcks
    4th Gear

Yo bro David..

Agreed with Vivantt511..unless you are looking to do some correction then forget about those ciggi type..this are fine with wax or sealant application or maybe a white polishing pad with an AIO..remember to use the correct pads for different products.

Alternatively..you can get an ac converter or a small generator for a DA..You might wana check with HDB for the electrical supply..Some folks told me you could rent it.

Wah Benny, did not know got such thing about renting the power outlet... maybe will check it out... in the meantime will have to slowly slowly use my pair of hands to do it.... going to be siong liao..... hahaha..... free will pick up from you the stuffs... : )

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

BshineGrooming
  • BshineGrooming
    Neutral Newbie

The 12v polishers are only good enough for application of wax/sealant.

If you actually need to do some paint corrections like swirlmarks and light scratches. They will not be good enough.

If you have not had any experience with a buffer before.

I do suggest using a Dual Action polisher as they are rather easy to use and nothing too drastic will happen even if you make a mistake.

A Rotary will probably be much more efficient under a trained hand but done wrongly. The holograms or even paint peel will occur.

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users