Credit cards - benefits

City100a

is it true that if you have a infinite card is better than a platinum card and is better than a titanum card and is better than a gold card and is better than an ordinary card

better

? better protection on your purchase

? better benefits eg perks eg priority pass

? better points accumulation (faster)

eg

is this true

and how they decide who gets what

seems like there is no definite rules

had dinner with a real "big" time fellow from a huge MNC and believe me he is no small fry, he carries a gold card

but some office girl in my company carries a platinum or titanum card

abit confuse

anybody in this line can share with us

thanks

↡ Advertisement

Why bother? Just cards for convenience. POSB Everyday card already Platinum liao. They can call it Diamond card, Ruby Card, Silicon Card, Marble Card and so and so, it's still a plastic card. Still must pay up fully when charged, otherwise, face the full consequences!

Benefits = Convenience.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

No difference, your credit limit still more or less pegged to your salary rather than what kind of card. I've been invited to many exclusive cards where they start to ask for ridiculous annual fee after the 1st year, no need for them. Some of them do offer some term club membership or concierge service, which might be nice if you like to use them but otherwise useless. Some offer more miles, or more points. Then again, only if you need and use them.

the environment has changed, credit cards are everywhere and so common unlike the early days.

using credit cards give u discounts and offers....using cash can be stupid since u pay the same as credit card holders w/o the discount.

imagine going to pump petrol paying cash...how the hell u gonna get the additional discount credit cards can offer u!

Edited by Babyt
  • Praise 1

1 card is essentially enough....too many cards make the wallet bulky.

as you won't know which shop or restaurant is having a promotion discount with whichever bank, i usually bring out 1 card from each major bank.

whether infinite card or AX Platinum card, it is just a card. No one will cares what card u are holding.

the main thing for cards members is to look for the benefit of the card.

No difference, your credit limit still more or less pegged to your salary rather than what kind of card. I've been invited to many exclusive cards where they start to ask for ridiculous annual fee after the 1st year, no need for them. Some of them do offer some term club membership or concierge service, which might be nice if you like to use them but otherwise useless. Some offer more miles, or more points. Then again, only if you need and use them.

Very well said. One of my friend got a 20k limit but he owned a silver basic card. He do not want to pay a higher annual fee with maybe a little bit more credit limit, As wat Acieed had mentioned you hv to pay a high annual fee for those exclusive cards. Unless you like to flash to show others you had a premium card better than them. :mellow:

Very well said. One of my friend got a 20k limit but he owned a silver basic card. He do not want to pay a higher annual fee with maybe a little bit more credit limit, As wat Acieed had mentioned you hv to pay a high annual fee for those exclusive cards. Unless you like to flash to show others you had a premium card better than them. :mellow:

LEt's put it this way, if they were to ask me to pay annual fees surmounting to thousands, I just cut the card and return to sender lor....all these years, there has never been a need to pay subscription and I carry Infinite and Ultima hor....perks a lot, and freebies during birthday and all can amount to abt 1k. So pretty worth it [thumbsup]

But i must declare, I only sweeper [gossip]

had dinner with a real "big" time fellow from a huge MNC and believe me he is no small fry, he carries a gold card

abit confuse

thanks

When u are a real big time guy you don't need to wear expensive clothes or carry high end credit cards and people will still know u are rich.

But a small fry will need all those to LOOK high class. LOOK only hor.

Of cos, i'm not saying all high end credit cards holders are pretenders.

Edited by Ultramega

abit confuse

thanks

When u are a real big time guy you don't need to wear expensive clothes or carry high end credit cards and people will still know u are rich.

But a small fry will need all those to LOOK high class. LOOK only hor.

Of cos, i'm not saying all high end credit cards holders are pretenders.

yup correct....I have also seen those who just have cards and want to show their worth..sigh....such is our society nowadays...where they feel they have made it once they have the 5Cs [shakehead]

is it true that if you have a infinite card is better than a platinum card and is better than a titanum card and is better than a gold card and is better than an ordinary card

better

? better protection on your purchase

? better benefits eg perks eg priority pass

? better points accumulation (faster)

eg

is this true

and how they decide who gets what

seems like there is no definite rules

abit confuse

thanks

no difference la bro...jus choose the one that most useful to u...eg. POSB if u shop alot at carrefour & pump at SPC... [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

LEt's put it this way, if they were to ask me to pay annual fees surmounting to thousands, I just cut the card and return to sender lor....all these years, there has never been a need to pay subscription and I carry Infinite and Ultima hor....perks a lot, and freebies during birthday and all can amount to abt 1k. So pretty worth it [thumbsup]

But i must declare, I only sweeper [gossip]

Ya I trust u.

share share leh.. PM oso can... [laugh]

other sweeper sweep fallen leaves... u sweep fallen money... [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

yup correct....I have also seen those who just have cards and want to show their worth..sigh....such is our society nowadays...where they feel they have made it once they have the 5Cs [shakehead]

Instead I feel that use debit card will show off how cash rich the person is....