Credit cards - benefits

City100a

I think that applies to the marginal borrowers....who already are more likely to have more frequent defaulted CC bills the more CC you have.

So that is the confounding factor rather than the absolute number of CC itself.

Yes I am quite sure because the banks did a credit bureau check before granting my housing loan

There was no mention of no of credit cards but they did ask to provide credit card statements which I have spending and the bank loan manager advise that my credit rating is A+ so no issues on loan at all

I have a few cards under the same bank i.e. OCBC but it's a combined credit limit with the bank, ditto with other banks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I have not applied for housing loan for the last 7 yrs.....but if I do, I probably just write "please check with Credit Bureau" in that credit card section.

:D

Well anyway if u have too many CC, u have to fill them all up when u apply for the loan. Which in itself is a bitch  [laugh]

I have not applied for housing loan for the last 7 yrs.....but if I do, I probably just write "please check with Credit Bureau" in that credit card section.

Yours is big time loan. Personal banker will fill in everything for you la.

No lah... where got personal banker? 7 yrs ago, I have to fill everything myself line by line okay.....

And recently HSBC wanted to kick me out of their premier account program and started to charge me for the cheque book because my home loan amount fell below their premier account threshold quantum.  Did not even have the courtesy to inform me beforehand.

I only realised when I saw I was being charged for cheque book monthly.......so I buay song, I asked them to just cancel my HSBC savings account totally and it's associated premier credit cards and had wanted to transfer everything to either Maybank or Citibank. While the counter staff was processing the cancellation, the branch manager came out apologized and offered to allow use to revert to premier account and to keep our credit cards. We decided to remain with HSBC mainly for convenience sake.

Yours is big time loan. Personal banker will fill in everything for you la.

No lah... where got personal banker? 7 yrs ago, I have to fill everything myself line by line okay.....

And recently HSBC wanted to kick me out of their premier account program and started to charge me for the cheque book because my home loan amount fell below their premier account threshold quantum.  Did not even have the courtesy to inform me beforehand.

I only realised when I saw I was being charged for cheque book monthly.......so I buay song, I asked them to just cancel my HSBC savings account totally and it's associated premier credit cards and had wanted to transfer everything to either Maybank or Citibank. While the counter staff was processing the cancellation, the branch manager came out apologized and offered to allow use to revert to premier account and to keep our credit cards. We decided to remain with HSBC mainly for convenience sake.

wah. bank manager ran out to apologize to you  :a-happy:  still not bigshot?

• Praise 1

haha.... don't think so leh, I think the counter staff must have activated a protocol when someone wants to close their premier account/cancel their cards suddenly. She probably have to inform the manager of the request. :D

wah. bank manager ran out to apologize to you  :a-happy:  still not bigshot?

Don't like that lah.... he is helping prop up our CPF interest rate also leh..... [:p]

Why are you paying 2.6% for so many years when others were charging less than 1.5%?

No la ... just said u member of mcf ... everything full cash
  • Praise 7

Yes.

I tend to put 3-5k only. 

But yeah best not to have like 10 cards ...

Refer to above. I think it does.

These are financial advisors recommending it. I think the unsecured credit lines do reduce your general creditworthiness if u have too many.

I'm no big spender but 3 to 5k isn't enough for me. I don't spend that much every month but when travelling is required, I usually hit more than 5k.

• Praise 1

haha.... don't think so leh, I think the counter staff must have activated a protocol when someone wants to close their premier account/cancel their cards suddenly. She probably have to inform the manager of the request. :D

She informed him but he could have just let you closed the account.

To  have him come running out shows your financial clout

• Praise 1

Don't like that lah.... he is helping prop up our CPF interest rate also leh..... [:p]

Genuinely curious la.

At one point, DBS had a SIBOR based loan plan which also had a cap (not exceeding the CPF rate) for 10 years. 

Why are you paying 2.6% for so many years when others were charging less than 1.5%?

please lah... you young man i old man

our timelines for loans were under totally different interest rate environment

Just wanted to know if CC companies are not going to give rebates on govt services provided ?? I have a CIMB CC and 'they' said that all CC companies are following suit .... is this true ?? So are hospital bills of SGH,CGH , TTSH and other hospitals of the like also included in "govt" billing ??

• Praise 1

Just wanted to know if CC companies are not going to give rebates on govt services provided ?? I have a CIMB CC and 'they' said that all CC companies are following suit .... is this true ?? So are hospital bills of SGH,CGH , TTSH and other hospitals of the like also included in "govt" billing ??

I got my rebate on KKH by CIMB.  I have not heard about this ruling.  Perhaps you wana check with their customer service.

• Praise 1

I got my rebate on KKH by CIMB. I have not heard about this ruling. Perhaps you wana check with their customer service.

That is for your ( maybe) August billing ... I recieved a clear sms from CIMB about the non rebates for govt billing ; and yesterday called them also as now they want to go paperless and i insisted on hard copy ; here's the sms .... I recieved in 29 July .... now you better check

post-157298-0-63034800-1506044459_thumb.png

Edited by BanCoe
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2