Credit cards - benefits

City100a

yah i also feel the plastic (no matter what they call it) is cheap these days. So much competition....supposed high end cards also not very discerning....so go for the card that will give you the most "perks".

I personally cannot be bothered to even apply for anymore...I got 2 and thats good enugg. Too much credit exposes you to certain risks.

Also I agree with RadX....annual fees? Take back your card! They sure kwai kwai ...the banks/credit card companies need you more than you need them! I don't even pay the late charges or interest payments should I forget to pay on time! But of course that happens like maybe once every other year only.

Why bother? Just cards for convenience. POSB Everyday card already Platinum liao. They can call it Diamond card, Ruby Card, Silicon Card, Marble Card and so and so, it's still a plastic card. Still must pay up fully when charged, otherwise, face the full consequences!

Benefits = Convenience.

agreed....

although it looks bo sei, but i like my POSB everyday card and its rebates [sly][sly]

• Praise 1

the environment has changed, credit cards are everywhere and so common unlike the early days.

using credit cards give u discounts and offers....using cash can be stupid since u pay the same as credit card holders w/o the discount.

imagine going to pump petrol paying cash...how the hell u gonna get the additional discount credit cards can offer u!

Agree, the money saved for petrol is quite significant. Especially for Esso and dividend card. The amount saved can use to change tires already.

• Praise 1

dude it not the type of cards that is better.

it the credit limit and your salary.

I know some gold card holder have their limit extend to 5 x their salary limit due to long time customer.

let say

A have a gold card ( 2 X credit limit) with basic salary of 10k per month is better

or

B have platimum card (3 X credit limit) with basic salary of 3.5k per month.

so which you think is better [;)]

lesson is with higher basic salary, any card is better

• Praise 1

dude it not the type of cards that is better.

it the credit limit and your salary.

I know some gold card holder have their limit extend to 5 x their salary limit due to long time customer.

let say

A have a gold card ( 2 X credit limit) with basic salary of 10k per month is better

or

B have platimum card (3 X credit limit) with basic salary of 3.5k per month.

so which you think is better [;)]

lesson is with higher basic salary, any card is better

but MAS has guidelines on credit limit given

Twincharged

anyone got CIMB platinum mastercard ? and used it for travel related purchases ? managed to get such a huge rebate ?

post-2854-0-78339100-1460696724.jpg

Credit limit is independent of the type of card, and depends on your annual income and the bank's policy. You can always revise the limit on your bog standard platinum card. I use CCs to pay as much of my car prices as they'll allow me to, for the points. The max I've been allowed by the dealer to put on my CC has been $50,000. My point is that (for single big purchases) you're likely to be limited by the merchant's willingness to pay the VISA surcharge long before you're limited by your card limit.

Cards like the Infinite are more geared to people who like or need to travel and entertain. As I do neither often, the point is missing.

I must sound like a suaku when the first thing I ask is "got more petrol discount or not?" [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Anyone offhand knows which cards for free limo service to airport? I know HSBC visa infinite... What others please?

DBS Treasures I think but need to confirm.

• Praise 1

DBS Treasures I think but need to confirm.

I see black DBS Treasures Merc E class running around especially plying the routes to Airport. 

• Praise 1

Anyone offhand knows which cards for free limo service to airport? I know HSBC visa infinite... What others please?

There is a non PB client Visa Infinite launched by Standard Chartered, geared towards travelling.

Catch is annual fee payment required, in exchange for miles etc.

• Praise 1

I see black DBS Treasures Merc E class running around especially plying the routes to Airport. 

For DBS treasures Limo service (they only provide from Airport to your destination only) you must be Asia treasures member and you get lounge facilities here and also limo is Indonesia and Taiwan (iirc) Its meant for their so called high net individuals, I think the cap was 1 million now I dont know

Maybank also got similar and they like give you something like 6 trips or 12 trips (two way unlike DBS)  a year and free use of their lounges worldwide (something like 6 or 12 times a year) I think also membership is like 1million (iirc)

Many other Banks provide similar services too     

So everybody now knows who I am [:p]    :a-noway:   

• Praise 3

For DBS treasures Limo service (they only provide from Airport to your destination only) you must be Asia treasures member and you get lounge facilities here and also limo is Indonesia and Taiwan (iirc) Its meant for their so called high net individuals, I think the cap was 1 million now I dont know

Maybank also got similar and they like give you something like 6 trips or 12 trips (two way unlike DBS)  a year and free use of their lounges worldwide (something like 6 or 12 times a year) I think also membership is like 1million (iirc)

Many other Banks provide similar services too     

So everybody now knows who I am [:p]    :a-noway:   

LOL, obviously my net worth not high enough to know all these... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement