Credit cards - benefits

City100a

Actually in my opinion best credit cards are the ones that give cash rebates cos that's the most practical. Miles and other entertainment benefits only useful if you travel or dine out frequently.

But be careful, some cash rebates also got conditions like Citibank where you have to accumulate $50 at least before they pay and only quarterly etc. Best will be those banks with cash rebates that can be offsetted against the monthly CC bill [thumbsup] so sort of a direct discount!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Actually in my opinion best credit cards are the ones that give cash rebates cos that's the most practical. Miles and other entertainment benefits only useful if you travel or dine out frequently.

But be careful, some cash rebates also got conditions like Citibank where you have to accumulate $50 at least before they pay and only quarterly etc. Best will be those banks with cash rebates that can be offsetted against the monthly CC bill [thumbsup] so sort of a direct discount!!

What's the best cash rebate card you've seen?

So far I think Amex true rebate is at 1.5%?

I'm cheap, I've never paid any annual fees. 

Ahh??? really got people pay CC fees nowadays one????

Only 1 company makes me (nearly )  pay is Diners Vicom card; I use it 'cos only of the motor discount for my vans for annual inspection ; but as long as you spend $1200 per year then no charges; Some more this Card is like a Pariah Card ; very few merchants want to accept

Anyone tried UOB YOLO card??? Someone told me got lots of dining discounts but i have my doubts 

Anyone offhand knows which cards for free limo service to airport? I know HSBC visa infinite... What others please?

ANZ travel card has free Limo... used to be spend at least 1.5K in a single transaction, you will get a free limo ride via comfort...

then they change partner so rules have changed to spend at least 2.5K for a free limo ride via wolero (http://www.anz.com/singapore/en/Personal/credit-cards/travel-card/)

Turbocharged

There is a non PB client Visa Infinite launched by Standard Chartered, geared towards travelling.

Catch is annual fee payment required, in exchange for miles etc.

Pay annual fee in exchange for miles? Or only for first anuual fee payment only?

If you are into rebates, check out SCB SingPost card.

I've only seen 1% from CIMB World Mastercard and Visa Infinite.

There are some higher cash rebates for certain categories during certain promo periods but I won't count this in cos some will have certain conditions whereas this CIMB 1% is no strings attached and auto deducted for your monthly bill so 1% discount off your bill.

Is the Amex 1.5% cash rebate also no strings attached? Care to share more?

• Praise 3

There are some higher cash rebates for certain categories during certain promo periods but I won't count this in cos some will have certain conditions whereas this CIMB 1% is no strings attached and auto deducted for your monthly bill so 1% discount off your bill.

I assume based on this no restriction 1% rebate, there are no points system?

Have a look. They say no minimum spend and no cap.

https://www.americanexpress.com/sg/content/true-cashback-card/

Also you get 3% off (used to be 5%!!!) for the first 5000 SGD spend in the first 6 months.

Cons - some shops don't take amex.

Edited by Kusje

I assume based on this no restriction 1% rebate, there are no points system?

Yes no points system just cash rebate.

Actually CIMB card quite good cos sometimes they have promo like sign 5 times within a certain period min $20 each and can get some items like $20 Ikea voucher or Nando's or Spinelli's etc

• Praise 4

Pay annual fee in exchange for miles? Or only for first anuual fee payment only?

If you are into rebates, check out SCB SingPost card.

Already have the SCB card (and the related cards - if you know what I mean).

Yes no points system just cash rebate.

Actually CIMB card quite good cos sometimes they have promo like sign 5 times within a certain period min $20 each and can get some items like $20 Ikea voucher or Nando's or Spinelli's etc

ok.... go look up on it. Will apply for it maybe can charge downpayment for new car.  [:)]

Supersonic

For DBS treasures Limo service (they only provide from Airport to your destination only) you must be Asia treasures member and you get lounge facilities here and also limo is Indonesia and Taiwan (iirc) Its meant for their so called high net individuals, I think the cap was 1 million now I dont know

DBS Treasure private client is $1.5 mil.  Treasures lounge in airport only at T2 and T3.  T1 don't have.

• Praise 1

DBS Treasure private client is $1.5 mil.  Treasures lounge in airport only at T2 and T3.  T1 don't have.

Private Client spotted [laugh]  [:p]

MCF got many high net worth individuals 

Many can pay cash for cars somemore too [:p] ; Talk about Car Loans Amount Restriction for what???  

kaypoh go check out HSBC Visa infinite.....found out that have to pay

Programme Fee $488 (no waiver hor)

min spend $5000 quarterly, calender year basis.

but unlimited transfer to airport + 2 guest

unlimited travel insurance

unlimited access to 600 VIP lounge worldwide...

anyone has this? worth it?

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

kaypoh go check out HSBC Visa infinite.....found out that have to pay

Programme Fee $488 (no waiver hor)

min spend $5000 quarterly, calender year basis.

but unlimited transfer to airport + 2 guest

unlimited travel insurance

unlimited access to 600 VIP lounge worldwide...

anyone has this? worth it?

Depends on how often you like to take joyride to the airport lor.

They used to give a decent amount of miles for paying annual fee then they keh kiang kiam kanah with the miles.

If you qualify for their VI, then consider Citi Prestige and the points forgone for shifting 20k (assuming your are after the airport cab rides) vs the cost of paying for the cab rides.

I cab to the airport 47 times a year ($30 each way) . For me the miles forgone is worth about the same ($1410) but I don't have to pay $488 for my other cards.

• Praise 2

Depends on how often you like to take joyride to the airport lor.

They used to give a decent amount of miles for paying annual fee then they keh kiang kiam kanah with the miles.

If you qualify for their VI, then consider Citi Prestige and the points forgone for shifting 20k (assuming your are after the airport cab rides) vs the cost of paying for the cab rides.

I cab to the airport 47 times a year ($30 each way) . For me the miles forgone is worth about the same ($1410) but I don't have to pay $488 for my other cards.

the joy rides to the airport is basically a novelty for me. I don't travel that much, probably 3-4 trips per year.

Anyway I live close enough to the airport to get a silent "tsk" each time I board the taxi at the Arrival hall.

Miles not my thing as well.

Ok will check out Citi Prestige next.

Thanks again for the feedback!

A few weeks ago, I pre-book Comfort Delgro for taxi and had arranged the usual to the airport. I was in a hurry and got into the taxi and was surprised by the fare hike that was a bit too much. I asked, uncle taxi fare increased isn't? He told me but I was in a premier taxi. I left it as such.

I called the customer service officer and enquired how come all these years when I book I always get normal taxi but this time was special. She told me she will update my record.

Question:

1. What does that mean when she will update my record? I don't remember agreeing to them keeping record of me.

2. All the time when booking, they sent me normal taxi, then why premier taxi when they already had my record?

3. I was never asked if I wanted a normal or premier taxi when I doing the booking.

So lesson to learn from my mistake, is never assume, when make booking make sure you specify that you want a normal taxi.

↡ Advertisement